YELLOW RIBBON : Show your support!

by email 118 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Please do not put these on each post. It uses up space.

Thankyou

• Simon
    Simon

I'm not against people expressing opinions pro-war as long as they do it reasonably but I think this is a little too "in your face" for people who may feel differently and being in every post is way too much.

This is the sort of thing that you put on your website if you have one IMHO

• email
    email

Simon,

As I stated:

The yellow ribbon does NOT necessarily mean that you are in favor of the war… but you’re supporting our troops and hoping for their safe return home.

BTW... Aren't the insults and the name calling in other threads from the people that are against the war also a little "in your face"?

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Takes up too much space? How about the lengthy articles evrybody wants to post all the time in their flame wars that screw up formatting and are too long and boring to read anyway? And that goes for people on both sides. I don't see how a couple centimeters of space on a screen is either a nuisance or a problem for the board. I do know that you have a big problem with those who support the war though. I can see how this could be a nuisance to you personally.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

I agree Email and RandomTask. But this is Simon's board so him and THound can have it Ill go to a place where i can support my country and my troops!

• email
    email

RT... I think Simon's second post explains the REAL reason why...

I don't get it either... first of all it's just a link to a 2kb GIF file (extremely small file) on my server... There are other anti-war people posting much bigger files with sings against the war (several times)... and NOTHING is said about those.

WT,

I'm sure it's hard to moderate a board and at the same time be able to let people express opinions different that yours... but I KNOW that Simon will be fair in this matter... at least I hope so. He has done a GREAT job with this board... and as a software developer I KNOW how much time and effort he must've put on this project. Keep up the good work Simon...

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Why not put them where you profile picture is? That way the pics will not take up anymore space then is already being used.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Problem is, we cant change our profile pics. Simon?

• Simon
    Simon

I have no problem with anyone posting links and images that are relvant to the topic being discussed but adding pics to every post is just plain annoying (at least to me) whether it is something you agree with or not.

Please try to look at the bigger picture ... if you post your ribbon, other people will want to post different ribbons with the opposite message ("stop the war" or "boycott America" or whatever) and then I suspect you would be the first people to complain and demand that they are removed.

This forum is *not* going to become some battleground for people to fight on. I am just trying to look beyond what you may think is an insignificant thing and a good idea at what is likely to happen if I allow it and where it will lead.

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry, the profile pics aren't updatable yet (been busy with work) but to be fair, I will be removing any political statements that people may already have in their profile pic.

This board is not about politics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit