1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• Brummie
    Brummie
    But I will try one more time and then I will let it be with you.

Thanks XW

(((Petty & Safe4kids)))

Brummie

• Simon
    Simon
    What speaks loads to me is your outrage at the initial denial of the Iraqis having them, but total silence about their violating Geneva Conventions and parading these people publicly, as well as the ones on the floor with bullet holes to their head. Let one Iraqi POW stub his toe and watch you and your cronies come out of the woodwork crying about how horrible conditions are for them at the hands of the horrible, war mongering, Imperialistic, American military.

It works both ways. I have watched Iraqi prisoners on TV filmed by us and seen pictures of the dead clutching white flags. The Geneva Convention should be adhered to by both sides.

As for treatment of POW's ...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,909164,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2648123.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2213572.stm

• angelkins
    angelkins

People, people. Stop.......Breathe......Think.

Why can't you give your opinions of the topic--the war-- without attacking or applying motivation to others who disagree? Don't undermine your own credibility by the totally inappropriate personal comments.

I have read all posts on this painful thread and it saddens me. I am against this war. This does not make me anti-American. I support our troops 100%. I love America. I hate war, especially this one. That does not make me anti-American. I don't care much for George W. Bush. This does not make me Anti-American. I respect those who disagree with me. I do not respect when they tell me what I am because I don't agree with them.

Black/white thinking. Hmmm. Reminds me of the JWs.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Well, Expat, of course that is all you've seen. It's all you've been looking for. I guess you will be holding your breath for a while. I'm not going to play with you but you are more than welcome to go play with yourself.

A prettily worded insult, but devoid of any cogent response to the questions I asked you. That's what I expected though. All of the other anti-war people I've talked to also had absolutely no idea of any feasible alternative to military action that would not repeat the failures of the past twelve years.

I guess they protest just because, well, that's what they do. Shouting "1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War" over and over is an excellent way to avoid inconvenient thought processes from taking hold.

Expatbrit

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    It works both ways. I have watched Iraqi prisoners on TV filmed by us and seen pictures of the dead clutching white flags. The Geneva Convention should be adhered to by both sides.

Would this be the Iraqis that approached under a white flag to ambush the allied soldiers, Simon? (as reported on FOXnews today) With the US under the worldwide microscope, the outrage over any Iraqi POW so much as stubbing their toe while in captivity would deafen even the Shock and Awe campaign.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider
    Are you such a sheep, your going to sit there and continue to believe what the Bush regime is feeding you,

TH: Are you such a sheep that you believe every website and everything the Iraqui regime feeds you! I wonder why you have such compassion for others but men that are fighting and dying for America are just chattle in your eyes. Funny they are taking prisoners and killing them while we are taking prisoners and being killed by them. Should we in turn be as brutal as they. Also WHO are YOU to say whether this is a legitimate conflict, just because one can spew inanities does not make them right. I have a brother in law in homeland security, do you ever think that some might know things even you don't.

(ooops Thunder didn't log out this is SheilaM)

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    What speaks loads to me is your outrage at the initial denial of the Iraqis having them, but total silence about their violating Geneva Conventions and parading these people publicly,

Hey Dakota, did you miss the part where I said I didn't see the video? How the hell do you expect me to comment on something I haven't seen, unlike you, I need evidence first.

When I hear spoiled rotten pampered babies whining about their rights to disrupt downtown areas and turn over police motorcycles and throw acid on businesses and destroying private property, it could make me regret ever placing my own life on the line to ensure they had freedoms. What prevents it is knowing they are in the distinct minority.

Guess you put your life on the line for nothing, considering you want to follow a man that's taking our rights away.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    Guess you put your life on the line for nothing, considering you want to follow a man that's taking our rights away.

How disrespectful of you TH (as usual) Dakota I for one appreciate that you see that their are good people that realize your sacrafice and appreciate it and respect you for it

• Xena
    Xena

Wow this thread had taken some interesting twists and turns hhhmmm?

Where to start, where to start.....

Personally I am for the war, the crimes against humanity have gone on far to long and needed to be address....regardless of WHY some people feel American went to war initially....I would hope everyone would be happy to see these atrocities being curtailed. And I fully support and applaud our troops!

For the record, I found Robdar's tongue in cheek humor and inovative way of defusing a potentially hostile situation amusing myself, but then I am a leg flasher from way back Peaceful protest is the American way and I fully support people's right to it however, I have hated to see it abused lately and angered at the people who have abused it. Kudos to you Robdar for helping keep that rally anyway peaceful!

Oh and uuumm *cough* I believe that was ME that changed clothes 4 times....I mean what is the point of bring several changes if you can't wear them all at least once????

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

As usual, Charlie, you seem to still have enough rights to be a loud mouthed bore. You do nothing but give your side a bad name.

Sheila, thank you. I'm glad that today, many more are realizing that we that did serve in Vietnam did so out of duty and did receive the shaft from certain ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit