1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Trauma Hound

Your comments on this thread have been way over the top and insulting - they are detracting from any point you are attempting to make, please dont start to stir things up again.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    Have you not seen the video of the parents of one of the dead solders, holding up a picture of his son, saying this is what bush is doing to your children.

I could see the point the soldiers Father was making if his son was drafted. However, not only did his son make the decision to join the military, he joined the Marines. The Marines are always the first to go and fight in any conflict. If someone decides to join the Military, they have to expect that they might not be returning home.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Stir things up? I'm stating facts, the message was directly addressed to me, I was replying.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    I could see the point the soldiers Father was making if his son was drafted. However, not only did his son make the decision to join the military, he joined the Marines. The Marines are always the first to go and fight in any conflict. If someone decides to join the Military, they have to expect that they might not be returning home.

Maybe true in a legitimate conflict, I think the point he was making, is this is not a legitimate conflict.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Are we only allowed to disagree with the posts of the people we like here? If we dislike someone and respond to something very real that they posted it then becomes an automatic assumption that we have some hidden agenda? Give me a break !!

Of course we can disagree with people we dont like, or we can simply choose not to provoke them by making it obvious we dont like them...or cant we do that? Some folk may as well add "P.S. I dont like you" at the end of every post they make, I cant speak for everyone else and I certanly do not need "a group" to tell me what I can see and cant see, I gave that up when I gave up the JW mentality. Its clear to me that such a "P.S." statement is being made. Then when the "disliked" person is provoked they get told off for making a defence and they are made to look the culprit. I dont for one second believe I am the only one who can see this, but I will settle with the fact that I can only speak for myself.

PS, I disagree with a few people but I do not dislike anyone here so I guess the "dislike and keep plugging it" mentality is something I have yet to understand.

Brummie

PPS, to whomever this applies to, to attack Robyns attire and to try and show her up for attending the apostafest is a disgrace! She went there to enjoy herself and for you to put her on trial and make her feel unwelcome or belittle her is flamin bitchiness to the worst degree

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Brummie - for what it's worth - you aren't alone in your sentiments.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

http://mirrors.soundspot.tv/war.htm

The above says all that needs to be said

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

~sigh~

I don't think there is any poster on this thread whom I dislike (I say "think" coz I read part of it this morning and now I can't remember who all has posted It's hell to get old but that's another story and I'm doing another "old" thing by going off on a tangent and so...what was I saying again??)

Oh yeah...I don't dislike the folks who have posted here but it does seem as tho things kinda got hijacked and I have to say that I agree with Brummie that it 'appears' there may be more to it than simple disagreement; however, I don't know that for a fact, it only has that appearance to me. Personally, I think private things need to be kept private and off the board. If one poster has an issue with another poster regarding a personal disagreement/whatever, can't that be handled in email? Just a thought, and no I'm not saying that's what's happening here, it's just something that *could* be. That said, I thought Robyn's comments about hiking her skirt were meant in fun; that's how I took them but then I've met her and we seem to share the same type of twisted humor...I realize it's not for everyone (poor souls )

I've my own opinion on this war but I don't care to share it much on a public discussion board, which is why I won't comment on the original point of this thread, except to say that I'm glad I live in a country where we have the right to express our opinions, however unpalatable they may be to some. I also unreservedly applaud and support the men and women (and their families) who are making sacrifices in order to serve in our military.

One last thing...Robyn, I thought that the number of times you changed your outfits at the Florida apostofest was just right...not too little, not too often, but JUST the right number of times! I was kinda hoping you'd offer to share your tips with me, so that I too could get it down to an art form

Dana (who is sincerely hoping folks can lighten up a bit and recognize what amounts to plain ridiculousness)

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Have you not seen the video of the parents of one of the dead solders, holding up a picture of his son, saying this is what bush is doing to your children.

Even you are smarter than this, Charlie. Ever hear of Special Ops Teams? They are not in constant contact with HQ and therefore, the US would not know that they had been captured right away. Given the Iraqi propensity of prevarication, it is easy to understand their first denial of the charge.

As already stated, it is a volunteer military so the mans son went willingly. Unfortunately, war does involve death. Thankfully, some of us believe that putting your life on the line is worthy of even people like yourself.

What speaks loads to me is your outrage at the initial denial of the Iraqis having them, but total silence about their violating Geneva Conventions and parading these people publicly, as well as the ones on the floor with bullet holes to their head. Let one Iraqi POW stub his toe and watch you and your cronies come out of the woodwork crying about how horrible conditions are for them at the hands of the horrible, war mongering, Imperialistic, American military.

When I hear spoiled rotten pampered babies whining about their rights to disrupt downtown areas and turn over police motorcycles and throw acid on businesses and destroying private property, it could make me regret ever placing my own life on the line to ensure they had freedoms. What prevents it is knowing they are in the distinct minority.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Brummie:

I just don't think you are understanding me. And maybe you just won't. But I will try one more time and then I will let it be with you.

Of course we can disagree with people we dont like, or we can simply choose not to provoke them by making it obvious we dont like them...or cant we do that?

Responding to someone's post is provoking them? How so? You post and someone is going to respond to that. Posting a response to someone makes it obvious that we don't like them? Really? No, posting a response means that I have something to say about what they just said whether I like them or not. If someone CHOOSES to feel provoked by that or CHOOSES to feel that it's obvious I don't like them- those choices are their own. And it's their problem too. Don't make it mine or make me out to be some badass because someone else chose to feel something because I responded to their post.

Its clear to me that such a "P.S." statement is being made.

Yes- to YOU. And that is fine with me. But please don't try to make it fact or make it "clear" to anyone else based on the assumptions that brought you to your own clarity on it okay?

I dont for one second believe I am the only one who can see this, but I will settle with the fact that I can only speak for myself.

I could say that I don't for one second believe that I am the only one who sees many other things with regard to this situation Brummie but what difference does that make? Does what I believe really matter as far as anyone else is concerned? No- so let's just speak for ourselves here and not try to sway others with statements like that.

PS, I disagree with a few people but I do not dislike anyone here so I guess the "dislike and keep plugging it" mentality is something I have yet to understand.

I'm glad you don't dislike anyone here Brummie. May I feel the way I choose to? And If I don't feel the same way about it that you do, I have some sort of "mentality" you deemed upon me? Hmmmm. You know what Brummie- I make my own choices about who I'm going to associate with and who I am not. I don't have to be friends with everyone nor to I have to even like everyone. And sometimes people do things to others that make it impossible to ever have a relationship with them again.

"dislike and keep plugging it" ??? I haven't plugged anything Brummie- I responded to a post. Go back and read a bit and see how many of Robdar's posts I have even responded to in the past several months before you tell me how I'm plugging anything on this board with her. Fact is, you'll find very few.

One reason that folks have friendships is that they think along the same lines for the most part. The fact that I might respond to something in a similar manner as those who I hold friendships with is evidence of that similarity in thinking and only that. If you would like to continue to add anything "extra" to it- go ahead- but don't make me the bad guy for it.

XW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit