1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Robdar this seems just crazy,,,,,, first of all, you say the men where showing muscle and ready to fight and then you lift your skirt to show some leg and they all stop?

Well , I think that makes it seem like the men who are protesting are idiots because they just stop their protest and something as serious as protesting the war or pro war, to look at a woman's leg. I agree that love is a good thing , but showing your leg is not really the kind of love that I think your theory is really talking about. I for one as a woman would not flash my body parts to deter from the message I was trying to send . Why do some women feel they must use their body as a last resort answer to everything? As women, we need to stand up for what we believe in and do it with grace and dignity.

Now if we are all at an apostofest and we are having a tug of war between the sexes,,,,,,well then maybe a little leg showing would be appropriate, ,,,,,,,,,j/k.

And how long did the antiwar protesters stay out in the rain,,,,,,,,, since you said that the Pro war protesters didnt think the Iraqs were worth getting wet for,,,,,,,,,,low blow, there Rob.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl
    Scooter girl,

Cat got your tongue?

Robyn

Oh no, Robyn.......just refraining myself from commenting.

• Robdar
    Robdar

And how long did the antiwar protesters stay out in the rain,,,,,,,,, since you said that the Pro war protesters didnt think the Iraqs were worth getting wet for,,,,,,,,,,low blow, there Rob.

No low blow there Dede, unless you find the truth to be low. We stayed until the rain passed.

THAT is funny, its amazing how simple it is to take the attention off a world crisis!

LOL Brummie.

The protestors on both sides take themselves way too seriously. But it sure is nice to look at all the good looking men. Now if only it were that easy to stop the war.

((((((Mrs. Shakita)))))) thanks for posting.

Love,

Robyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

Oh no, Robyn.......just refraining myself from commenting.

Oh please, Scooter girl, no need to censor yourself. Shout it out. I for one don't care what you have to say, but perhaps others on this forum do. We wouldn't want them to miss your profound remarks.

Robyn

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Well, I did the only thing that a red blooded American gal can do in this situation, I raised up my skirt and showed everybody some leg.

Better keep that trick with your leg up your sleeve, Robyn.

Because if the anti-war protestors get their way, one day you'll probably have to try it with the Republican Guard. Given their record of rape, I doubt it'll get you anywhere, as thousands of Iraqi women know all to well.

Maybe next time you protest, you could spare a thought for them, for by protesting against the war, you advocate the continuation of the regime that encourages their atrocities.

Expatbrit

• Robdar
    Robdar

Maybe next time you protest, you could spare a thought for them, for by protesting against the war, you advocate the continuation of the regime that encourages their atrocities.

Expatbrit,

Normally we are on the same page. But you are making no sense to me at this time. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Robyn

• Brummie
    Brummie

We can disagree whether its right or wrong to protest peacefully. I saw Robyns coment on showing leg as a tongue in cheek comment, it demonstrates the humanity of both those anti protesters and the protesters, to take that comment and make it sound as though Robyn was trying to avert war or save the world or something is crazy. Lighten up folk...sheesh!

Brummie

• Robdar
    Robdar

We can disagree whether its right or wrong to protest peacefully. I saw Robyns coment on showing leg as a tongue in cheek comment, it demonstrates the humanity of both those anti protesters and the protesters, to take that comment and make it sound as though Robyn was trying to avert war or save the world or something is crazy. Lighten up folk...sheesh!

Brummie

Thank you. Some people are way too serious. Makes me wonder why there aren't more wars going on around the world.

Love ya,

Robyn

• Simon
    Simon

expatbrit: with respect, this is the sort of "dumbass" commment that can really get up people's noses.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

It goes like this Robyn:

There are two ways to deal with the regime of Saddam Hussein.

There is diplomacy, or there is military action.

Diplomacy has been tried for the past twelve years. During that time the regime of Hussein has continued. Close to a million children have died prematurely, hundreds of thousands have been brutalised, beaten, raped, and murdered in a variety of sadistic ways. Diplomacy has failed utterly.

Then there is the military option. Bite the bullet, fight a (hopefully) short war, and destroy the regime. This removes any reason for sanctions and opens the country to massive amounts of aid. This is the option that is now finally being acknowledged as the only way to deal with Hussein.

If the war hadn't gone ahead, or if it is stopped now, it will be back to diplomacy, and the regime will survive and continue its brutalities. In protesting the war, that is the alternative you advocate by default.

So, next time you protest, please do give a thought or two to the children for whom "peace" means disease and starvation, or the women who would be left in the rough hands of the Republican Guard, or the men who would continue to be thrown into the plastic shredders for the entertainment of the Hussein family. It is their suffering that would purchase your "peace".

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit