What will you be doing on the evening of the 11th ?

by Phizzy 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I always thought that when Jesus said "Keep doing this in remembrance of me" he was making a reciprocating wanking movement with his hand.

Have I been mistaken all these years?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Nathan Natas, I have to be so bold as to ask you... Are you insane?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Funny thing is Nathan, he very well could have. Nobody really knows lol!!

• John Free
    John Free

I shall be partaking in the consumption of red wine celebrating my freedom from the Borg with some like-minded mentally diseased apostates in a local establishment. No crackers though, oh no don't see what jesus saw in that particular combination. A fine cut of meat is in order.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I will be continuing my holiday in London.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

We don't know what we will be doing. Probably I'll come home from work, make a yummy dinner for my prego wife and watch a few episodes of Buffy while I fall in and out of sleep on the couch.

• steve2
    steve2

I won't be at a Kingdom Hall.

I make it a self-respecting practise to decline any invitations to a meal where the hosts expect me to refrain from eating and to just observe others doing so. Not at all hospitable.

Besides, doesn't the Scripture they cite in support of their meeting quote Christ as saying, "Keep doing this in remembrance of me"? No where does the context include an invitation to people to just be present to observe. Talk about going beyond Scripture.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Mrs Superman -

I am a fearless seeker of truth, keeping it all on a spiritual level, in the realm of the ineffable mind.

I am also a dreaded Court Jester. I think.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Steve2 - you idea would make for a GREAT video. A large, crowded reception hall where one loaded plate is passed from one person to the next until it gets too a solitary "partaker," who eats and drinks while the non-participants look on in smiling approval. It would be weird to watch, and most people wouldn't get it.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'll definitely be lifting a glass or two of the grape, but not with the same intention as those delusional ones who think they're the only ones among Jehovahs' happy people that will have a heavenly afterlife.

I'm just waiting to hear what the attendance was like from those who attend, those days when folks used to wrapped all around hall and standing in the lobby and even renting another venue for all the attendees are over, at least from what I've heard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit