What will you be doing on the evening of the 11th ?

by Phizzy 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

What will I do Tuesday night? Probably crying. The anxiety is super high right about now and his continued coldness towards me is getting harder to bear. The fear of him reactivating his time at the KH causes me to fear the worse. His personality changed so bad last time, to the point we would be forced to separate if it happened again.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Tuesday night my wife will go help a young recently disfellowshipped mom miss her first Memorial with her son who will likely be missing his first as well. They will go to a park and hang out, have fun with the kids, and then go back to her place just to hang out and talk and process things. This young lady is struggling because her JW parents exert such pressure on her, refusing to even see their grandson unless she brings him to a meeting, because Jehovah's Witnesses are assholes, even to small children that did nothing to them.

I will be at home working on some projects. We have someone coming to measure for new carpet in our basement, and unfortunately an hvac contractor because our outside unit is making crazy noise this Spring. So I'll probably be prepping some for the new carpet, then maybe working on a business idea that I have, eating some dinner, watching some tv, and waiting for my wife to get home from helping a poor indoctrinated girl not feel like a horrible person for not caving to her parents' undue influence and blackmail.

• fiddler
    fiddler

I didn't know until a few hours ago that the memorial was happening in a few more hours. And, it's a full moon tonight 😳 But wait!...I got to set my crystals out on the windowsill! 🌝 What were we talking about??...oh yeah...the JW memorial thing. Tomorrow is just another day and hopefully tomorrow night I will have an evening with my kids & grandbaby and then settle in with a glass of wine, my knitting and TV. 🙃 I celebrate every minute of every day I have of life. So good to be free of all that JW drivel.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@djeggnog

I believe I have the right to believe my congressperson is dishonest, that one grocery chain is more expensive than another, that my property taxes are too high, that it is unconstitutional for President Trump to have launched 59 Tomahawk [missiles] at a sovereign nation that had not attacked us here in the US without congressional approval. You have the same right as I do to believe the exact opposite as to all of these things I just mentioned.

Can the right to choose what to believe and not believe, what to reject and what to accept as true, and to take one's own beliefs seriously or not be aptly described as a "superiority complex"? I don't think so.

@nonjwspouse

The superiority, personally judgmental part just flew right past you didn't it?

FWIW, hardly anything 'flies past me; no superiority complex is involved in the decisions that you make or that I make.

@nonjwspouse

[One] huge difference is that you are free to believe those things and others believe others, and you will not be punished by being banned from your family and friends, made to feel as if you will be annihilated if you think differently than the imperfect men in charge ( that a Governing Body member G Jackson admitted on a sworn statement that they "would be presumptuous to say they are Gods only channel of communication on earth".)

"[One] huge difference? How did you get from what I said is my right (and yours) to accept what things you believe to be true or to reject those things you believe to be false, and crime and punishment? You may be among those that suggest Jehovah's Witnesses are compelled or forced to have no contact whatsoever with disfellowshipped family members, but this is own's own choice to make and no one else's. Why is it ok for elders to have conversations with such disfellowshipped individuals? Why is it ok for a spouse or a grandparent or a child or any other relative to have conversations with such disfellowshipped individuals? If there should be no reason to interact socially with a relative or a schoolmate or a carpool buddy, etc., other than as incidental to family relations or some school activity or the workplace, then why do it?

If someone has been disfellowshipped because they unrepentantly stole from someone or unrepentantly molested a child or unrepentantly engaged in sexual activity with someone to whom he or she is not married or unrepentantly abused drugs or alcohol or unrepentantly <you fill in the blank>, why would you AS A MATURE CHRISTIAN MAN OR WOMAN want or why would you AS A MATURE CHRISTIAN MAN OR WOMAN allow members of your own family to socialize with such people?

You will not suffer annihilation for what you do, but if you reject the advice given by elders about allowing your own children to unnecessarily socialize with disfellowshipped individuals, and to consent to becoming unevenly yoked or to associate with an unrepentant disfellowshipped person that speaks disparagingly against other Christians or hang out with an unbeliever that doesn't know God or that associates with an otherwise bad influence, you would do well to consider that you or yours may become a victim and fall away. (1 Cor. 10:12; 2 Cor. 6:14; 1 Tim. 4:1; 3 Jo. 1:10)

@nonjwspouse

You are not free to think, or reason, or pursue a personal relationship Jesus or God when you are a baptized Witness.

What makes you say this? At John 15:5, Jesus said, "Apart from me you can do nothing at all." What do you think a personal relationship with not "Jesus or God," but with both God and Jesus requires of you? What do you know as to your having a personal relationship God and Jesus that you came to know based on your own study of God's word? What do you know about your having a personal relationship God and Jesus that you came to know based on your association with Jehovah's Witnesses? What do you understand Jesus' words at John 15:5 to mean?

@nonjwspouse

You must agree with all that is said and written by the GB, as well as take all advice, about anything that is decided upon that seems to need "correcting" from someones point of view, from anyone with authority over you ( the hierarchy of the the KH). Failure to heed the direction can place you in danger of being cut off from your family and friends, placed in an emotional hell.

If this is what you believe, I will accept that this is what you were persuaded to believe, but I realize that there are many spiritually immature active, inactive and disfellowshipped people.

@nonjwspouse

Loving correction? Absurd. Hurtful, cruel blackmail? Absolutely.

I never said any of the things that you've said here; all of your gripes aside, I joined this thread to make a comment to the OP about the Memorial of Jesus' death scheduled to convene on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. You clearly speak from a closed mindset, but I thought I would respond to what you wrote for the benefit of those that still possess an open mind. I don't believe there to be anything I would able to say to you that you would be able to accept as being the truth.

@djeggnog

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@Iown Mylife

The members of the Jehovah's Witness cult are forbidden to scatter their pearls before swine on ex-JW forums.

This is true. (Matt. 7:6)

@Iown Mylife

Do not "your sort" regard ex-JWs as bad association? And yet, here you are, amongst the apostates, just a bit hypocritical. I can't tell for sure but sounds like you're trying to write satire, because it can't possibly be serious.

What exactly do you think to be hypocritical as to my posting a response to your post? I use posts like yours to speak to the doubts that others using this board might also have. If you have left the faith, there is nothing I will be able to say that will move you to repentance. (Heb. 6:4-6; 10:26-31)

You are evidently of the mistaken view that Jehovah's Witnesses do not and are required to not speak to disfellowshipped persons. You are free to believe what you wish, but many spiritually-mature persons (e.g., elders and their wives) have conversations with disfellowshipped persons. I suppose it's possible that many of the things you believe to be true are not true at all.

@Iown Mylife

There's one thing that is very serious, and that is the inexcusable mishandling by WT of huge numbers of child sexual abuse cases, and the protection, whether intentional or not, of huge numbers of pedophiles within the WT organization. The lying, denying, covering up and insistence on obedience to the men who perpetuate this farcical scam of a religion.

What can any human being do about pedophilia, whether among Jehovah's Witnesses or among other religious organizations? You may have a wrong view of the world and of the people that are drawn by their preaching work to Jehovah's Witnesses. I am patiently awaiting the promised new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness will dwell, and I have faith that this new heavens and new earth will soon become a reality although it doesn't yet exist at present.

@Iown Mylife

The shame of being associated with such a terrible organization was too much for my conscience to bear.

I don't know what was so 'shameful' about your former association with Jehovah's Witnesses (and I'm not asking), but I would assume since you left the faith that your life has vastly improved and your conscience has become clear. If this should not be the case, then I would assume that you've figured out how to live the rest of your life free of this world's anxieties.

@djeggnog

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

In the past I have only visited the memorial three times, but tonight I will not go, despite having received a lot of calls and texts from certain people in the cong. I will probably just be reading a book instead of going.

Djeggnog, can you explain to me who is your mediator?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

As I wasn't invited this year the first time in 20 plus years, Ok I haven't attended in 20 + years,but I think they should have invited me.

• steve2
    steve2

Iown Mylife, you are on a hiding to no where with Djeggnog.

Anyone who can deflect concerns such as those you raised about JW organization with the condescending ease of Djeggnog, and whose untroubled conscience enables them to serve as PR for that organization will likely outsmart you at every turn.

Djeggnog is by no means the smoothest JW organization apologist, but his condescending tone is hard to beat.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Fighting the hoards of hell in Doom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSZ4tSoumNk

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    You are evidently of the mistaken view that Jehovah's Witnesses do not and are required to not speak to disfellowshipped persons. You are free to believe what you wish, but many spiritually-mature persons (e.g., elders and their wives) have conversations with disfellowshipped persons. I suppose it's possible that many of the things you believe to be true are not true at all.

Normally, a close relative would not be disfellowshipped for associating with a disfellowshipped person unless there is spiritual association or an effort made to justify or excuse the wrongful course." Pay Attention to Yourselves and all the Flock p.103

Conclusion: anyone having 'spiritual association' - which includes discussions on Biblical and religious topics - with a DFed person, set himself up to be DFed too.

Wt literature even claims saying 'hello' to a DFed person is an act of disobedience to God.

I'm also quite sure there has been at least one reference in JW literature that not even elders are to talk to DFed person unless the body of elders sent them on a mission, for example to try and reactivate the DFed person.

And here you are saying something like 'Elders do it so I can disobey Gods guidance too!'

Geez you don't even know the rules of your own cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit