What will you be doing on the evening of the 11th ?

by Phizzy 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Tuesday evening is the time I take to prepare my Toastmasters speech. I'll be in my room talking to no specific person about learning culture through language.

• a watcher
    a watcher

I will be obeying the command of Jesus to "Keep doing this in remembrance of me."

Luke 22:19

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I will be obeying the command of Jesus to "Keep doing this in remembrance of me.".....a watcher

So you`ll be partaking in the bread and wine?..

Or..

You`ll refuse and join the other JW`s in Watchtowers huge yearly celebration..

"Ignore Jesus Day"..

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'll be rejecting Jesus' sacrifice from the comfort of my comfy recliner. I'm allergic to the painful Puritan folding utility sawhorses/chairs often found in Kingdom Halls.

I don't know if the 11th is the Memorial, so I reject Jesus' sacrifice EVERY evening. You can too!

I hear crazies are showing up everywhere these days.

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

As that will be Nisan 16 on the Jewish Calendar, that will be the 2nd day of Passover for me and my family.

Our meal on the 2nd night is cabbage rolls stuffed with hamburger, with a sweet tomato sauce over steamed rice, yellow cake with chocolate frosting (kosher for Passover), games, hilarious reenactments of the Exodus with an emphasis on the 10 plagues (which is essentially a pillow fight of plush toy frogs, cattle, plush matzo "balls" for hail, etc till they split apart--we're mostly adults now) and traditional Pesach songs modernized to sound like rock songs and show tunes.

This is essentially what we will do Monday night, except we hold a full Seder (but very relaxed and filled with humor). Monday night we have brisket and potato kugel.

Oh, and lots of wine and grape juice and more matzo-mayhem than you would expect.

• notalone
    notalone

Today, I experienced my first Palm Sunday and had communion, Tuesday I will be at pottery class. Thursday will be Holy Thursday and Sunday, sunrise services. I wanted to see what it is like to celebrate His life, commemorate his final meal and rejoice at His resurrection, rather than the deep foreboding of a black mass.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

A watcher,

I will be obeying the command of Jesus to "Keep doing this in remembrance of me."

You won't be obeying the command to do that in remembrance of him. How could you if you pass the wine and crackers to somebody else who'll then pass them to somebody else who won't do anything except pass them to yet another non-partaker? You'll be doing nothing in his honor except mere attendance.

Notalone is right in describing it as a black mass.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

My husband, who has never been a jw says we should go to support my family and do their holiday. He doesn't understand that this gives false hope to my family that I will come back. So...Oh well... We're going to the memorial.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

When Jesus said "Keep doing this in remembrance of me.", wasn't it in a room full of guys who ate the bread and drunk the wine? A Watcher, how are you following the command by passing it to someone else in effect saying "No!" to your supposed Lord and Savior?

• flipper
    flipper

IOWNMYLIFE- Hey, thanks for the nice comment. I hope your husband will be able to get some time off from work as well. One thing about it- I may be one of the harder working people you'll know- but I know how to relax really well when I do get several days off here and there also ! LOL . A couple beers , playing guitar out on our deck on our mountain property while enjoying the beautiful views - I'm in hog heaven then !

You are right- not having to go to meetings, out in service, or memorials is a freedom I will always cherish ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit