What will you be doing on the evening of the 11th ?

by Phizzy 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

Djeggnog,

Tonight is the night of Spring's Full Moon, not tomorrow: http://www.space.com/36419-first-full-moon-spring-2017-shines-tonight.html

This particular moon is currently observable from Jerusalem as I write this. Tomorrow night will not be the Full Moon. JWs are incorrect, therefore. Pesach occurs on the night of the first Full Moon of Spring.

Your arguments don't mean much in the face of the fact that a Full Moon is occurring right now over my homeland. But believe what you wish. The evidence is in the sky right now.

Now if you will excuse me, it's time for me to celebrate Passover.

Chag kasher v'same'ach!

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

What will I be doing? Whatever the hell I want!

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Time to celebrate Freedom under the beautiful sky. With (a) single Malt.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@David_Jay

Now if you will excuse me, it's time for me to celebrate Passover

That's fine; people get to observe any day they wish for any reason, and no one can judge another for which day or days he or she chooses to give special consideration, whether that day be a wedding anniversary, a Sabbath, a birthday, a graduation ceremony or one of the many special days one may hold dear according to the traditions they follow.

I was merely making the point that just as you and others have decided to follow a religious tradition at this time of the year that is deemed important to observe, others like Jehovah's Witnesses have similarly decided to observe their own religious tradition in accord with they believe to be important. You may not agree with another's rationale for doing what things they've decided to do on those days they regard as special to them, but it as much their right to observe whatever they choose to observe as it is your right to make such choices.

Let each of us stay in his or her own lane; I cannot judge you as wicked for your decision to set aside certain days as worthy of special consideration. I merely wanted to make the point that you are free to opine of what you think about "Nisan 16" or when the "2nd day of Passover" occurs, I, too, have an opinion on these matters and I am not in error just because my opinion differs from yours. I've provided some of the scriptural reasons upon which my opinion is based while you've provided no scriptural reasons, which suggests that your reasons are based on human tradition, which is fine.

On this board can be found an abundance of opinions on many diverse topics and you and I made contributions to the many opinions found on it. Because you are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, this would explain why you have different opinions about the Memorial of Christ's Death than I do since Jehovah's Witnesses do not observe the Passover, which is often conflated with the Memorial, although this is weird considering the fact that (1) Jehovah's Witnesses do not observe the Passover nor do we observe any of the sabbaths that you may observe, and (2) whereas Moses is associated with the Passover and the various sabbath observances under the Law, Jesus is associated with the Memorial, which is observed by Jehovah's Witnesses on the same day that the Jews observed the Passover, namely, Nisan 14.

To Jehovah's Witnesses, the significance of the Memorial differs dramatically from the significance of the Passover.

Enjoy your day!

@djeggnog

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    What will you be doing on the evening of the 11th? - I'll be having a pot noodle & a wank, probably.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

@ djeggnog

It's understandable that you want to celebrate your black mass but why is it that you talk as a collective and express yourself like you're better than everyone else for celebrating it?

I think the best part of not being a JW anymore is you lose that superiority complex and Borg collective mentality.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The official line from big WT: The JWs believe the memorial to be important.

What I observed for many years was important, was new clothes to wear to the event, where and with whom one was going to dine after the event, where to sit at the event, to make sure you didn't sit next to someone you didn't like, and to pivot the eyes around like an owl to see who would be partaking and who didn't behave well and who wasn't dressed well enough.

Jehovah's Witnesses didn't decide to observe their own religious tradition in accord with what they believe is important; they were TOLD what was important by the holy spirit anointed translators, which was to round themselves up and sit around OBSERVING. Spend ANOTHER evening of my life that I'll never get back, listening to a lot of droning prayers over crackers and wine and try to convince myself that this is what God the Creator of the Universe will be mad if I don't do.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@Darkknight757

[W]hy is it that you talk as a collective and express yourself like you're better than everyone else for celebrating [your black mass]?

Jehovah's Witnesses is a collective organization; we "all speak in agreement, and … [are] fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought." (1 Cor. 1:10) One cannot be "submissive to the good news about the Christ" unless willing to be submissive "to those who are taking the lead" among us. (2 Cor. 9:13; Heb. 13:17) One simply cannot be one of Jehovah's Witnesses while holding onto and teaching unprofitable doctrines in opposition to the good news.

I thnk the best part of not being a JW anymore is you lose that superiority complex and Borg collective mentally.

You were never one of Jehovah's Witnesses, were you? if you were of our sort, you would certainly not be saying that you are no longer "being a JW anymore." Even if disfelowshipped, you would have sought and be seeking reinstatement.

Being one of Jehovah's Witnesses might be likened to being the owner of a 200-unit condominum complex called The Palm; if you should not be an owner one of one of these condos—even if you had at one time held a deed of trust on one of them and have in the past been entitled to use and regularly used the amenties that this complex provides—you cannot rightly claim to be an owner of any of the condos at The Palm.

To follow on in this arcane analogy, whatever the CC&Rs (Covenants, Conditions and Regulations) by which condo owners are governed at The Palm, if you are not numbered among the owners of these 200 units, you cannot be compelled to adhere to any of the provisions contained in the CC&Rs. Even disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witnesses, who are, in effect, homeowners whose condo unit may at present be in jeopardy of loss, do not lose their property interest unless they die.

What "superiortiy complex"? To what "Borg collective mentality" do you refer?

As I said earlier, we "all speak in agreement,” and "are of the same mind and have the same love, being joined together in soul, holding the one thought in mind." (1 Cor. 1:10; Php. 2:2) This is, in fact, the "collective mentality" of all Jehovah's Witnesses. "

Jehovah's Witnesses believe their spiritual comprehension to be superior to all "reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God" (2 Cor. 10:5), even if you and others may not agree with this conclusion, but if you are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, what is this to you? I believe I have the right to believe my congressperson is dishonest, that one grocery chain is more expensive than another, that my property taxes are too high, that it is unconstitutional for President Trump to have launched 59 Tomahawk missles at a sovereign nation that had not attacked us here in the US without congressional approval. You have the same right as I do to believe the exact opposite as to all of these things I just mentioned.

Can the right to choose what to believe and not believe, what to reject and what to accept as true, and to take one's own beliefs seriously or not be aptly described as a "superiority complex"? I don't think so.

@djeggnog

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    I believe I have the right to believe my congressperson is dishonest, that one grocery chain is more expensive than another, that my property taxes are too high, that it is unconstitutional for President Trump to have launched 59 Tomahawk missles at a sovereign nation that had not attacked us here in the US without congressional approval. You have the same right as I do to believe the exact opposite as to all of these things I just mentioned.
    Can the right to choose what to believe and not believe, what to reject and what to accept as true, and to take one's own beliefs seriously or not be aptly described as a "superiority complex"? I don't think so.
    @djeggnog

The superiority, personally judgmental part just flew right past you didn't it?

On huge difference is that you are free to believe those things and others believe others, and you will not be punished by being banned from your family and friends, made to feel as if you will be annihilated if you think differently than the imperfect men in charge ( that a Governing Body member G Jackson admitted on a sworn statement that they "would be presumptuous to say they are Gods only channel of communication on earth".)

You are not free to think, or reason, or pursue a personal relationship Jesus or God when you are a baptized Witness. You must agree with all that is said and written by the GB, as well as take all advice, about anything that is decided upon that seems to need "correcting" from someones point of view, from anyone with authority over you ( the hierarchy of the the KH). Failure to heed the direction can place you in danger of being cut off from your family and friends, placed in an emotional hell.

Loving correction? Absurd. Hurtful, cruel blackmail? Absolutely.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The members of the Jehovah's Witness cult are forbidden to scatter their pearls before swine on ex-JW forums.

Do not "your sort" regard ex-JWs as bad association? And yet, here you are, amongst the apostates, just a bit hypocritical. I can't tell for sure but sounds like you're trying to write satire, because it can't possibly be serious.

There's one thing that is very serious, and that is the inexcusable mishandling by WT of huge numbers of child sexual abuse cases, and the protection, whether intentional or not, of huge numbers of pedophiles within the WT organization. The lying, denying, covering up and insistence on obedience to the men who perpetuate this farcical scam of a religion.

The shame of being associated with such a terrible organization was too much for my conscience to bear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit