Lloyd’s new book

by jwfacts 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lett The Shunning Begin
    Lett The Shunning Begin

I like a lot of Lloyd's content, but I have to call him out on his latest video when he interviewed Scott Homan. (XJW Coming Out) As I started watching I was wondering why Lloyd was showing a "hyped" level of enthusiasm for Scott's "project".

Scott would play a "teaser" clip (which I thought was actually ok) and then Lloyd would interject almost fanatical praise, saying things like "Brilliant!". The clips were not bad, but brilliant?

It didn't take long to understand why Lloyd was hyping a very average product- he is "collaborating" with Scott. Patron, GoFundMe, who knows what else.Give us your money so we can produce videos for you!

What really irked me was at one point in the interview, Scott said that he needed to travel to Vietnam to edit the teasers he had just showed. How could he be expected to edit videos at his computer in Colorado? No, his computer must be at some other location in the world to do the same thing. Therefore, give us money so Scott can take trips all over the world ( something a lot of us here can't afford).

Lloyd is starting to cross the line in my opinion.

Lett The Shunning Begin

Also, Scott is a "poser" JW. Never baptized, not really an ex-JW in reality.

Lett The Shunning Begin

While I'm on a roll, let's also get real about Lloyd's TRUE situation. He is still living at his wife's parents house. As an ex-elder for 25 years and having served on at least 250 Judicial Committees ( to my everlasting shame), it seems obvious to me that Lloyd's in-laws were probably never "uber" dubs. If they were, Lloyd and his wife would NOT be shacked up with them.

His father in England is a different story, he is a genuine cult member who shuns Lloyd and that is a terrible thing. My heart goes out to Lloyd on that one.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yeah, I always thought it a bit cheeky running an apostate nerve centre from a JW relative's house! LOL!

• steve2
    steve2

Let the Shunning Begin, I respect your right to your views on Lloyd but you raise a couple of points about interviewee, Scott that I’d like to answer: First, Scott was very clear that, although raised a JW, he was never baptised. There is no “posing” as an ex-JW, that I am aware of. Second, the cost of living in Vietnam for those with visas is very low. I have a friend in New Zealand who completed his tertiary studies and projects in Vietnam under a visa arrangement for 20% of what it would have cost in NZ. So Scott is not being precious by saying he would like to complete the project in Vietnam. In In fact, he is showing regard for getting the most out of the limited funding for his project. Third, and most relevantly, Scott’s go fund page was set up before the interview with Lloyd who is simply giving positive publicity to a fellow activist. It is not at all unusual for activists to cooperate in publicizing projects. When Lloyd interviewed ex-JW Bonnie (whose surname eludes me), he generously featured her book.

Back to Scott: it is refreshing to see Scott and others raised in the Witness organization leaving and engaging in productive endeavours. In the sneak preview we hear about one young man who is now in a heavy metal band and another young JW (who was baptised) pursuing a fine arts degree - both spoke from positions of strength and clarity about how they were moving ahead in life. Very often the voices we hear from those who have left are adults in their late 30s and older. It is fantastic to hear more and more and more of relatively younger ones such as Scott. BTW, there is no shame in requesting funding nor is there ever any obligation whatsoever to contribute. Scott also stands to get local community funding which is not unusual for film producers.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Hey Paul.

I totally respect you. Your site was an eye opener for me. It has everything you need to know about the watchtower society.

I watch various YouTubers including Lloyd Evans. Everyone has something to contribute to exposing watchtower as nothing more than a American based high control religion/ publishing corporation masquerading as the only true Christian faith on earth..

You and others are helping many to break the chains of imprisonment to the watchtower organisation. Just to say a big thankyou to all of you for your endeavours in this.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Thanks Paul!

Your site is number one for me.

Unfortunately I imagine it would be difficult for it to be a revenue generator. I wish you could make a living off of it because in my opinion it is key in giving life to many.

More power to Lloyd. I never considered myself to be a personal fan of his, although I've only had superficial experience and hold off on judging the man in any depth. He does perform a good work. I couldn't do it.

Your site was key for me personally. It gave me what I needed to get over the first hurdle. When I was waking up I was afraid of this site and all of the apostate talk, freeminds scared me too. JWFACTS.COM gave me the tools I needed. It just seemed like an honest site presenting factual information without viciously attacking the faith that I still held but was starting to question.

I felt very alone during the waking up and leaving process. This site brought me in contact with others who had already walked the path I was on and some that also had just begun the journey.

When I was finally able to open myself up to this site, I didn't know what to do, what to expect, who to trust. I asked for advice about books I could read for myself, how to help my children. This was information that I needed.

The title of Lloyd's new book is one that I might have been interested in at one time and can see a need for it. I hope it is helpful to all who read it.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Did I just hear the the words “Lloyd Evans” and “emotionally stable” in the same sentence? The guy has issues to put it gently. He once left his newborn child with his wife and Marc Latham downstairs at a London Steve Hassan conference so he could grab himself a “podium” as he put it. He was distraught when Steve told him that everyone would be sitting down at a conference table. Needless to say, there was no lift and together with Marc’s assistance his wife got the pram up a flight of stairs with no incident whilst Lloyd went on a frantic search for his podium.

As for money, he is pulling in $1535 on Patreon monthly. Average wage in Croatia is 6189 Kuna a month which is $1024. This is not even including the $25,000 he has crowdfunded for both books. Nor does it include YT revenue and direct donations to JW Survey (which are solicited on the site).

So I am not convinced by the contention that he would be earning a lot more as a translator. Minor fact check - Lloyd by his own admission has limited Croatian skills, and certainly not to the level to be involved in direct translation. He was relying on his wife’s translations and then proofreading them.

His motivations are best known by himself and perhaps his close friends. But let’s not kid ourselves with false information that he is giving up a lot to be an exJW activist, particularly when you consider he is living in a country where he doesn’t speak the language well and his job prospects were already next to non-existent.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Wow! I must be one of the onlypeople on this forum who does not know 'Lloyd Evans'.

So many people here must have met him and spent many hours getting to know him personally.

I assume they must be very close to him to know so intimately his personal circumstances, his personal finances and his innermost thoughts.

I bow to your superior knowledge on this and value your informed opinions.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I didn't know Lloyd is living with his in laws. And they are JW? How on earth does that work? He also posted an ill-judged video about his sister a few months ago. He took it down after a couple of days.

His patreon income is public information apparently. The poor judgements over Facebook outings, Crisis of Conscience copying, vlogging about his sister, charging money to include people's stories in his book, were all public.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit