Lloyd’s new book

by jwfacts 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AbusedandPissed
    AbusedandPissed

Let's be honest. He is making at least $1572 a month on his patreon account. He is monetizing his Youtube account. His funding accounts for his books raked in tens of thousands of dollars. These are actual facts not making stuff up.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Jwfacts For instance, I was in two minds about the approach Zeb was taking with the I'm Worldly youtube channel, and he came in for a lot of criticism. Yet he shone on the W5 documentary. I was really moved by his admission that even he feels uncomfortable with what he does, but he cannot think of anything else where he can make a difference to help get his family back. It was quite heartbreaking. The discussions around these people have offered advice and I am sure some of it has been taken on board, but a lot becomes very unfair personal attacks. We all have our own opinions, and each opinion is only correct for a part of the population.

I personally think it's always been very obvious that Zeb is in a lot of pain to do what he does....as someone who feels that pain too, I couldn't feel anything but love toward him.

I agree that there has been an element within the exjw community whose attacks on Cedars have been nothing short of revolting. I think we all know of whom and what I speak.

I find it interesting that you mention you've invited constructive criticism of your site. I believe it's something any good venture is wise to do. Yet I think *because* of these unfair personal attacks, when Lloyd has had genuine and heartfelt negative feedback he has been incredibly dismissive of it, or worse, immediately gone on the defensive with insults.

Its very sad. Lloyd is indeed talented but he's also working with a very talented team and has been very good at surrounding himself with the right people for the job. The ability to bring people together in working against Watchtower is probably his greatest gift to the exjw world.

I just wish we could get rid of this absurd Christian/atheist division we exjws seem to have. In fact I've noticed Lloyd has been reaching out, by being very sensitive in his videos to Christians, lately, which is really positive.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Morpheus- Could not the questions that you posed to Paul be asked of you? What are you trying to do, influence him? Why is it so important for you to call Lloyd names and to speak badly of him? I can't understand your seeming desire to get us to dislike him as you do. And using the term "dilly dilly" doesn't negate the rest of your words. Dear baby jesus, you even told Paul what he's unduly influenced by and tried to negate what angle he was coming from.

You two feel different. If it's truly a dilly-dilly situation, why do you continue to go after his views? It looks like you really want him to feel as you do.

Did you say you wrote a book or am I confusing you with OTWO? If you did I'd like a link to check it out.

We need ALL of the voices we can get. I wasn't a fan of the KH crashers myself and railed about them being counter productive and then one of my podcast interviews crashed his own KH and had some good results from it. It's easy to sit back and criticize things we have no real experience with.

I always thought podcasts were easy. Damn, they're so much more work than I thought. I even wasted part of a Saturday waiting to interview a guy that ghosted me after setting an appointment with me. I applaud anyone that can jump in the mix. It's not easy, even if a person were a narcissistic douchebag. I don't like some of the activists out there, but I just keep my mouth shut about them because it does no good to critcize as they are helping people. I might be the one labeled as the douchebag for putting myself above those activists and looking down on them, and maybe they'd be right.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Hmmm... ive reread my word and cant find where i say i give a damn if anyone likes llyod or not. In fact i said “he has helped people” and commended that. I also didnt say paul WAS influenced. Please read what i wrote, not what what you think i wrote. I said paul SEEMED to be hung up on peoples comments regarding money.

no i have not written a book, unless you count my many posts here as a single volume.

• Not_Culty
    Not_Culty

Back in 2012 when my JW family started the hard shunning (I'm not marked or DFed )

I needed to talk to someone who I felt could understand my issues. I'm older

and more experienced in life than Mr Evans but he agreed to call me from Croatia via

the net . His personal gesture helped alleviate my pain at the time. I will always be in his debt.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Lol, alright Morpheus. Enjoy your day.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Paul...I simply mentioned the amount he makes in Paetron...YouTube...book sales and other incomes is not "far less" than making money via translation.

If it is then translation is megabucks.

To say "far less" is not factual...that is all I mentioned...I agree with most what you say but disagree that he is making "far less" based on what is publically available for all to see the potential earnings he makes from his activism.

Hence why he needs to churn out content including a new book to keep the income coming...not a bad thing as I say but it is a factor in why he releases content...which is the topic of this thread.

I'm surprised at your comments...check the facts about how much he is earning..it is not less than a full time average paid job.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

As people who have escaped the grips of the Cult, WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE.

Let's remember that the GB THRIVES on promoting the idea that "apostates are bitter, twisted, and back biters against one another"

The last thing we should do is give credibility to the GBs narrative.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Dear Paul, I didn’t realise you were active on this site. Thanks so much for all your hard work and such a comprehensive, easy to understand website. It’s THE go-to place for me.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I haven't read the new book on exiting but agree a concise booklet on this will be helpful and Lloyd has a wide audience that is growing.

There is also another author that has few excellent books on leaving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit