Lloyd’s new book

by jwfacts 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think Lloyd's book was a good idea. With all the bad publicity that the Watchtower Corporation is getting and there is no sign that it will diminish any time soon a book on "How To Leave The Jehovah Witnesses" is a brilliant idea for the times.

I only wish him success on his efforts, if he makes a shit load of cash on the book, so mush the better! IMO. He put a lot of time into what he is doing, and this would be a nice reward from the universe and perhaps some kind of comfort for his loss of family which might in time be restored by his kicking the WT corporation square in the ass. I'm optimistic and hope these proactive people on the internet the best outcome for their efforts using YouTube to expose the WT.

I really don't get all the negativity expressed, I look at him as a fellow apostate and give him kudos. He's doing a lot more than me, and am grateful because I really don't have the emotional energy or the motivation he does I'm 65 and don't have the drive(maybe a low testosterone might be responsible.)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Lets put this into perspective people.

Lloyd has Patreon supporters who choose to donate a small amount each month to assist him in producing his fine work.

I believe that he only has 30 or so people that do that! The most anyone donates is approx. $30 per month that I know of. So 30 people, each donating $30 equals a grand sum of $900 per month! If that! (some people only donate $5 or $10)

So he is hardly getting rich off this! Try living on $900 per month!

He literally spends whole days at a time producing the work. What do we earn for a full day's work? Likely more that he would ever be making from the returns on his book sales.

Rather than looking for reasons to hate, maybe we should be thankful for the aspects of his work that we have individually benefitted from...basically FOR FREE!

• steve2
    steve2

If someone’s devoting the bulk of their usual “working life” to JW activism, all power to them in making enough money to support his wife and daughter. Those who criticise him probably have their own sources of income and good for them.

I couldn’t do what Lloyd had done - but I admire his tenacity and confidence. He’s made a few cringeworthy missteps along the way. Yes, he could have been more straight up in his failings and said, “Sorry, I really mucked up there and made a bad call. I’m genuinely trying to rectify my bad judgement.” But he didn’t. I criticised him for that. But honestly, all these years later, I can let bygones be bygones. I don’t need to like him but I can appreciate the work he is doing.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Lloyd is earning far less from his JW activism than he could working full time in his business as a translator.

Really? Just from Paetron and YouTube he will be earning thousands per month...add his book into it etc along with no doubt sponsers and I know he has said in the past he gets financial backing from some people I doubt that is "far less" than working as a translator.

If it is then I'm in the wrong business.

The thing is it is not really wrong because he needs to fund his full time activism but it will mean continuing to churn out books and videos just to keep your income going...like his new book.

If someone’s devoting the bulk of their usual “working life” to JW activism, all power to them in making enough money to support his wife and daughter. Those who criticise him probably have their own sources of income and good for them.
    I couldn’t do what Lloyd had done - but I admire his tenacity and confidence. He’s made a few cringeworthy missteps along the way. Yes, he could have been more straight up in his failings and said, “Sorry, I really mucked up there and made a bad call. I’m genuinely trying to rectify my bad judgement.” But he didn’t. I criticised him for that. But honestly, all these years later, I can let bygones be bygones. I don’t need to like him but I can appreciate the work he is doing.

Cracking post...sums it up for me too.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Notsurewheretogo, you have made a sweeping generalization without any backing, and you are completely wrong. As I discussed before from my own experience, Google pays very little. Lloyd get paid a small fraction of what he should for all the work he does and the comments made about him are untrue.

• AbusedandPissed
    AbusedandPissed

Actually when Lloyd constantly complains about YouTube not monetizing his videos that makes it clear what he is actually about. Also, the fan base that pays him to make videos and he is now under obligation to make a certain number of videos exclusively for them again that shows what he is about.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Paul, pardon the forth right nature of my question, but why is so important for you to defend that jack wagon? As i and others have observed, your at opposite ends of the personality and behavioral spectrum from lloyd. Its difficult to reconcile your passionate defense.

To each his own and all that, and while i cant stand him i understand some do like him and have benefited, and to that i say “dilly dilly!”... but you started a thread and have continued to be defend him. I feel as if im missing something. It almost feels like your pushing for us to like him and embrace him dispite what some have expressed as reasonable issues/concerns with his behavior and thats what i cant understand, the seeming desire for us to like him as you do.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Paul

We just sent you a PM.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is really frustrating to read these baseless and outright inaccurate attacks about money.

I would love to be able to work full time on my site and other cult based activism, such as with governments on stopping cults abusing tax free status and skirting around the legal edge of human rights. I don’t because it is simply not possible to live in Australian off the small amount of money from google and writing books that almost no one will read.

Randy from freeminds is one of the few people that was able to work full time as an activist off donations, because he was funded by Christian groups. That funding dried up as soon as he stopped promoting a strict Christian message.

The simple fact is that no exJW is getting rich off the work they put into activism. None are even earning the minimum wage for the hours they put in.

It is shameful that anyone insinuates otherwise. The point of this thread was to remind people to focus on the wrongs of the Watchtower for the harm you suffered at their hands, or move on with your lives. Attacking other exJWs hurts them, yourself, and those needing help to move on, and just strengthens Watchtower’s position.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

paul, you seem unduly influenced by the talk of Lloyd making money. Largely, i haven't seen that to be peoples key issues with him.. in fact most of who have problems with him have outlined very specific behaviors and instances of misbehavior that bother us. Nothing to do with money.

Its also disappointing to see you distill all of this into simple "us against them" terms, as if we all (as ex jaw's) must think and agree on everything. The simple truth is even you describe lloyd as "a big personality". polite society knows that referring to someone as a "big personality" is simply another way of saying "jack ass".

The enemy of my enemy does not have to be my friend. clown who storm kingdom halls are not my friends. I despise them and their grandstanding tactics. They are not only pointless they are counter productive. Lloyd does not fall into that category, and many have comment on the benefits they got from his work.. again "dilly dilly"! for that im happy, sincerely and from the bottom of my heart. He HAS helped people. that dosent mean i have to like him as a person. it damn sure doesn't hurt other ex jaw's because i think he's a douche.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit