Lloyd’s new book

by jwfacts 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Paul Grundy and his work have for the longest time been a big help to each and every one on this Forum...quit your bellyaching about him!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Could it be part of a sales technique? For instance, Lloyd could have made more money doing ______, but he made the sacrifice of being a full-time critic of Watchtower instead. So we must support Lloyd's "work" because he is giving up so much more by being a anti-Watchtower vlogger.

Very much so.

Jwgonebad Stop belly aching

Listen I think privately Paul probably sees the conflict of interest, but I know he's a genuinely nice guy and so is probably concerned about a pile -on and mental health. However I've come to see that sometimes being only kind, does not always benefit human beings in ALL situations.

And as far as I know he hasn't reached out privately (as a fellow Australian) to Kim, which to me would be the main thing.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    Many JW related business outright rely on "affinity fraud" or take advantage of the good will of local KH members, so his company profitability may have relied on not paying the going rate and getting cheap labor.

On a side note, I knew of an elder who ran a HVAC and electric company. He would employ young men from nearby congregations and in one case talked a teenager into quitting school to go full-time in his business. He paid them less so he could underbid his competition because they were trainees. Once they were fully certified he would then encourage them to find employment elsewhere. One day he just up and shut down the business due to a nervous breakdown. He was one of the few elders that I believe meant well, so maybe his conscience got to bothering him. He asked to be deleted as an elder and moved away not long thereafter.

• Simon
    Simon
    Listen I think privately Paul probably sees the conflict of interest, but I know he's a genuinely nice guy and so is probably concerned about a pile -on and mental health. However I've come to see that sometimes being only kind, does not always benefit human beings in ALL situations.

I don't think it's ever healthy to treat people, especially those with some authority, as beyond criticism.

It's part of the reason we have this issue in the exJW community.

Prominent voices should never be beyond being questioned or criticized.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Simon: It's part of the reason we have this issue in the exJW community.
    Prominent voices should never be beyond being questioned or criticized.

Forevermore, June 18th will be 'Tell Simon what you think of him day' 😂

• Simon
    Simon
    Forevermore, June 18th will be 'Tell Simon what you think of him day'

Ha ha, I haven't noticed that ever really being a problem for people, I obviously don't threaten enough litigation.

Having a thick hide (and thick skull) comes with the territory if you do anything public and meaningful online - you can't take every criticism so personally that you obsess over it and need to hunt people down because of it.

The flip side is that you should not hand your critics ammunition on a plate - don't do things that make you a laughing stock and subject for ridicule.

And if you take money off people, I think you owe a degree of accountability and transparency for what you do with that money, especially if it goes beyond covering a specific cost. If you live your life publicly, for profit, expect one consequence of that to be less privacy and more attention for what you do.

Ultimately, if you're a decent person and paying your own way in life, it's pretty clear if someone is inventing something about you. I'm never going to be caught in any hooker scandal and not just because I'm too much of a germaphobe, loathe going out, and hate spending money ... I love my wife and family way more than I could ever want some momentary jollies to justify doing that to them.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    you can't take every criticism so personally that you obsess over it and need to hunt people down because of it.

Lloyd: "Hold my beer."

don't do things that make you a laughing stock and subject for ridicule.

Lloyd: "Hold this other beer, too."

And if you take money off people, I think you owe a degree of accountability...

Lloyd: *hands you a case of beer* "This might be a long afternoon..."

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Grundy didn’t do anything wrong anymore so than he was dead wrong about Evans. And he knew better after Evans put JW facts in the back of that bootleg and he didn’t say jack about it. Then he plugs his second book even though Evans despicably solicited $150 from abuse survivors to appear in the book.

For someone who has a standing offer to anyone who can prove he has wrong information on JW facts that he will remove or correct the information, well here’s something for him to chew on. What Evans was earning in 2017 was way more than his translation business run from the in-law’s attic could have ever earned. It’s even more so now.

He might have been conned by Evans when he claimed this. But nevertheless it’s still non-factual information that has yet to be corrected. Now that it’s clear what Evans was using this money towards it’s even more imperative to set the record straight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit