Lloyd’s new book

by jwfacts 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Great analysis otwo as this is a controversial issue and I too have no problem with people getting donations for their activism. I'm just against any individual putting all their eggs in one basket for income when this makes the person dependent on the goodwill of others and secondly the individual is expected to deliver in a narrow field like religious tyranny in Jehovah,s witnesses.

Also We are now living in a post secular world and this will become more and more pronounced as the century progresses. Religion is being looked to as a source of peace building and intercultural understanding. Any spokesman who wishes to bring global attn to particular tyranny would need to modify his/her message to make it relevant to today's audiences.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good OP and interesting thread.

I don't really feel much about Lloyd Evans one way or another. I understand he made a huge cock-up (not protecting people's names and IDs and didn't properly apologise for it). I've read that thread as a lurker and understand why some people don't like him but this was before my time and I don't see the need to take offence on behalf of others.

So, as I understand it, Lloyd's new book costs £22.75 (paperback). This strikes me as a bit pricey.

I'm not a rich person ATM so I wouldn't pay that amount for a book unless it was a masterpiece or a definitive work on a particular topic.

Is his book any good?

Is it worth the asking price?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Also We are now living in a post secular world and this will become more and more pronounced as the century progresses. Religion is being looked to as a source of peace building and intercultural understanding. Any spokesman who wishes to bring global attn to particular tyranny would need to modify his/her message to make it relevant to today's audiences.

Officially the most ridiculous said thing said on this thread.

• Not_Culty
    Not_Culty

What

_Morpheus said.
  • TheTruthBR
    TheTruthBR

John Cedars? No, thanks.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Is available on Kindle ?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I'm going to chip my tuppence worth in.

I've bought and read Lloyd's first book and gave it to my girlfriend to read also. She found it helpful to understand my journey. I even, briefly, supported him on Patreon (didn't get a thank you).

However, anyone who claims that Lloyd isn't like the perpetual baby in the pram, throwing the toys out when things don't go his way is deluding themselves, I'm afraid.

The guy lives with his wife's JW parents in Croatia and lambasted anyone on Facebook who was pro-Brexit because it was going to affect his standard of living...in his in-law's home in Croatia...he verbally attacked and then blocked anyone who was pro-Brexit.

The guy strikes me as an ex-JW mercenary, wanting to make a living as an activist when he was a wife and child to support. I could go all white male Neanderthal and say "get a fucking job, pay the bills and put a roof over your family's head".

What he did with Crisis of Conscience was virtually unforgivable. What he did with the Facebook Group was virtually unforgivable.

Yes, we all leave the Cult damaged and immature. But we need to learn from our mistakes, reshape our uncouthness and apologise where necessary. In my opinion, he hasn't and doesn't do this.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Who is " Password Protected"??! Give him a medal!

That latest so-called book (pamphlet) Cedars wrote and Paul refers to was an out right theft of The Great Apostate's book, 'How to leave the Watchtower' that he wrote and published FREE for those who need it!!

Cedars used that pamphlet to grift money from vulnerable exjws, some abuse survivors, who had to PAY HIM for their stories in the back of that worthless book. Any of the info therein they could find here, or on any number of exjw sites, for free and in 5 mins flat.

Paul claimed there is nothing to be made in exjw activism. Well there isn't if you class a six figure income as 'nothing'.

I respect you very much, Paul Grundy. But this has not aged well.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Has Paul commented at all on the whole debacle since Kim bravely stepped up?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Has Paul commented at all on the whole debacle since Kim bravely stepped up? - not on this forum, as far as I'm aware ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit