If You Criticize A Person of Color Are You A Racist?

by minimus 144 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The elder Trump was NOT HELD ON ANY CHARGES. If you call a woman fat you are not a racist. Ugly calling doesn’t make you a racist either. Grabbing their body parts doesn’t make you a racist. Telling someone they live in a rat infested mess is not racist either. Honestly, how can any normal person suggest that this is racism????

• Humphry
    Humphry

True calling women fat and ugly and grabbing them by genitals doesn't make you a racist, it makes you insulting, crude, insensitive, and other things, like being prone to thoughtless insensitive statements that may cause others to easily label you as a racist.

As far as the his comments to Cummings, and the 4 congress women I see racism in those comments when comparing them to his past insulting statements and actions. It's his pattern that adds fuel to these statements labeling him as a racist.

• minimus
    minimus

Donald Trump was a very nice racist to Ben Carson. During the debates he alone treated Carson with respect. He is such a racist, he asked him to be in his cabinet. What a pattern! And all those people of color he hired over the years! And putting them in very responsible high paying positions! That’s what racists do, I guess .... Perhaps you should learn what the word racism really means before you add on here.

• Simon
    Simon
    calling women fat and ugly and grabbing them by genitals doesn't make you a racist, it makes you insulting, crude, insensitive, and other things, like being prone to thoughtless insensitive statements that may cause others to easily label you as a racist.

It makes you

1. Brutally honest - because some women are fat and ugly (both physically and personality wise)

2. Rich - because you miss the crucial "they let you" part (not that I believe it, I think it was bravado talk to impress someone).

No one has yet to produce any real evidence of racism. Plenty of invented crap and edited misquotes - which tells me the real evidence is lacking.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

There was an incident in the news this last week about a white restaurant patron that got fed up with the loud, obnoxious behavior of two black women patrons. It escalated and she told them that they were acting like n*ggers.

Yup, the n-word is verbotten for whites. Now the blacks, that's a different story. That can call each other n#gger all they want. I guess it's now their word and they sure make good use of it.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It seems to me that most people behave decently most of the time and most people aren't racist and most people have never been treated badly because of their race.

As long as there is money to be made, this issue will be kept alive in the media. They make themselves sound as if they are the guardians of the community and their main goal is to keep us informed when in reality their main goal is to sell advertising.

They know that nobody wants to hear about people getting along even though millions do it every day. No one wants to hear about all the things that the government is doing right or about people who behave decently, so they look for the most salacious behavior to report on, hour after hour day after day year after year even though they are fully aware of the damage they are doing to the country they claim to love.

Why...because It works ! We've got 8 pages of comments on this topic even though I'm sure most of us here have never been treated badly because of our race nor have we ever treated someone else badly because of their race yet on some level we've been convinced that every other person out there is a racist and/or is being discriminated against.

I was out of the country recently and to listen to the news, you couldn't possibly live a normal life in America yet millions upon millions of us do and millions who know better than to believe what's being reported, are risking life and limb to get here.

Speaking of the news....what ever happened to the 200 girls that were kidnapped in Africa...remember that? It was a huge deal a few years ago but then the Eboli Epidemic came along and the plight of these missing girls was forgotten overnight because we lost interest and because (according to the news) half of the worlds population was going to be wiped out by this up and coming epidemic, yet here we are. Did Eboli just go away or did reporting about it stop making money ?

I've come to realize that my inner wellbeing is directly proportionate to the amount of news I'm exposed to. I've been on a news fast for years now and it has made a huge difference in my outlook. The stories come and go without me having to have an opinion about them or weigh in on them.

Are there problems? Yes there are but I realized a long time ago that there are those who capitalize on human fears....just like the good folks at the Watchtower have been doing for over 100 years. They like to focus on the problems and who is to blame and they like to sell you stuff and make money on you and keep you hooked on coming back for more instead of focusing on realistic solutions.

Anyway....It's July....I presume it's nice weather where you are too. I'm going get out and enjoy the warm evening and tomorrow there will be more money making news stories for me to ignore rather than allow to spoil my outlook on life and my view my fellow man. Instead, I will focus on the world around me and what I can do to make it a better place within my own circumstances and for the people I encounter personally.

You folks stay here and bicker about Trump and Racism and who said what....I'll be right back.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm pretty sure Trump is a racist because His dad was one - ahhh, the sins of the father.

Trump's a racist because Trump's dad blah blah blah ...

Old Testament God would be so proud of you!

• minimus
    minimus

Pete, I loved your post!👍👍👍

• Simon
    Simon
    Why...because It works ! We've got 8 pages of comments on this topic even though I'm sure most of us here have never been treated badly because of our race nor have we ever treated someone else badly because of their race yet on some level we've been convinced that every other person out there is a racist and/or is being discriminated against.

Definitely.

There's some very interesting Pew (?) Research studies in this area where people's view of racism being a major issue doesn't matchup with whether they personally have experienced racism directly.

Apparently it happens everywhere and is 2nd only to climate change, yet finding genuine victims is difficult. Many of the stories that the media promotes turn out to be hoaxes - there's almost an industry around it. But the real world doesn't reflect the media.

This isn't to say that racism doesn't exist. I know people personally that have experienced it - yes, even up here in "enlightened and liberal" Canada. But it's simply not the widespread issue that it was. Slavery is long gone. Civil Rights happened. Systemic racism is a political invention because real racism simply isn't widespread. The state of black communities is down to other issues that are within their own ability to fix.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Simon - "...we're not going to be a publishing house for fake news. This is a discussion forum, not CNN."
    :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit