If You Criticize A Person of Color Are You A Racist?

by minimus 144 Replies latest jw friends

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Telling American citizens to "go back to where they came from" is suggesting they ought loose their American citizenship and be exiled to another country because they tried to engage in the arena of ideas.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

How about sending people who will not assimilate to the common culture, learn the language back?

Too many immigrants are making ghettos and trying to pull the country to their level. They will not recognize flaws of where they came from; and they would not have emigrated without the flaws pushing them

• LV101
    LV101

If they came here unlawfully they should have to leave. Simple!

• Simon
    Simon
    The 40% of Blacks polled feeling strong anti-immigration sentiment surprised me again. Why? was this racially motivated? was it broad acceptance of anti-Mexican worker sentiment or something else?

They should - they are overwhelmingly most likely to lose out because of illegal immigration. The rich benefit from it, the poor suffer.

People often confuse group identity and views on immigration with racism. Someone may even say "I hate those Mexicans, they come here and take our jobs ...". Are they racist? Probably not - what they hate is the net effect of the uncontrolled immigration. If it happened that it was masses of Chinese people or White people illegally coming across the border and taking their jobs, their issue would be with them instead.

i.e. it's not the color of the people, even though that may be the superficial reason stated - that's just the obvious group label to use and it's the unfair situation and impact that people object to.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Simon - There's also the scenario that they are an arse and deserve criticism for whatever and then more criticism for trying to use a claim of racism to deflect from the valid criticism.

There is this too, yes.

Introvert 2 - The word is ' thought stopping '
    That's the very term. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit