Latest rumor - all WT construction "suspended", except for Warwick

by sir82 119 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

Are they in major financial trouble right now?

Or do they just see it a'comin' down the pike?

To this small mind I think they are only "in trouble" now because they won't borrow money to build War-wick and the London branch against the vast wealth they have tied up in New York property (and to a lesser extent London) but want donations.

But a'comin down the pike they've got to be sweating like they're in a sauna eating vindaloo simply because of the pedo lawsuits.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Latest rumor - all WT construction "suspended", except for Warwick

By Hema Easley
    Times Herald-Record

Posted Jun. 8, 2015 at 7:27 PM
    WARWICK - The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is suing International Nickel and several of its affiliates, which it accuses of contaminating land where the religious group is now building its massive 1.6 million-square-foot world headquarters.

To Read More Click the Link Below:

Suit claims Watchtower site contaminated - News ...

Warwick is Literally a Toxic Waste Dump/Site..

The WBT$ is Never going to be able to clean up Wallkill..

Regardless of how much Money they Dump into it..

..................................I Don`t .............There Has..

....................See The Bottom............To Be A Bottom!..

..........Image result for money pit

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The Comet: I think they're in major financial trouble, long-term.

I guess they forgot about Luke 14:28:

• For example, who of you wanting to build a tower does not first sit down and calculate the expense to see if he has enough to complete it?

-

Evidently, the GB boys didn't first "sit down and calculate the expense to see if [they have] enough to complete it.

• sir82
    sir82

If you roll back the timeline this past year it's pretty clear what happened.

The bean counters at corporate HQ saw they were facing a financial issue, solution..raid the cong bank accounts and have every cong send a set amount every month. This gives you a cash injection and now you have a pretty good idea what your monthly income will be. Spin this as a streamlined arrangement and a "forgiving" of loans.

The problem wasn't fixed by doing that though. The bean counters saw what they collected and found out, nope, still not enough! Solution-the may broadcast. Lett begs for more money. That was their last ditch Hail Mary chance to salvage all their construction projects. It didn't work.

the final, and only choice left was what was leaked today..layoffs and suspending all but the Warwick project. i think they're in major financial trouble, long-term.

I agree with this in principle, but something doesn't fit.

The new "monthly donation for Kingdom Hall Construction" arrangement was put into place in the spring of 2014.

In January 2015 they publicly announced, to much fanfare, their new "LDC business model",

If they saw as far back as spring 2014 (and likely much earlier) their financial straits, why publicly humiliate themselves by barging ahead with their worldwide LDC presentation in January 2015, only to suspend the whole she-bang 9 months later?

Sounds an awful lot like Luke 14:28.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Something doesn't add up, one hell of a mystery. These are same dudes that netted more than $500 million just over the past few years.

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articles/show-me-money-tally-watchtowers-brooklyn-property-sales-2013-11-20-213000

Where is the money???

• DJS
    DJS

I'm a simple caveman and the article about the Warwick site being contaminated has confused me. Is the site the toxic waste dump or the WT leadership the toxic waste dump?

Seriously, cleaning up a badly contaminated site could cost billions, not millions. Suing for reparations could take years. This issue won't likely be resolved for a long time.

Excellent.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

They've got to be cash strapped because otherwise why make such an embarrassing announcement, maybe the spectre of financial redress to child abuse victims in Australia is hitting home, plus the US suits coming online?

Anyway, just took a quick look and there's confusion and dissent on jw talk :

It was only in the May broadcast that Bro Lett spoke about the many expansion projects that are planned. The Britain branch project has been in the pipeline for a long time. Funds have been donated for the project, and many brothers are working there right now. Now is all that changing? And why close the dining rooms? Bethelites have to eat somewhere. What difference will it make to close the dining room? Don't understand these changes.
  • HomebytheSea
    HomebytheSea

I wonder if there is more going on behind the scenes with the ARC than we know of, or if there are further investigations coming up in the US. All speculations of course....but it will be interesting to see what transpires in the news over the next few weeks.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions
    konceptual99 that is the funniest and wildest post i have seen. it just goes to show how brainwashed people are...these people can't see the forest through the trees.

the Washtowel is going down...like the hindenberg.

some crazy stuff
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I'm a simple caveman and the article about the Warwick site being contaminated has confused me. Is the site the toxic waste dump or the WT leadership the toxic waste dump?.....DJS

The Warwick site was contaminated when the WBT$ bought it..

Then the WBT$ Dumped more Toxic Poison on the Property..

by Barbara Anderson

I was told some years back by a knowledgeable person, a former JW, that barrels containing inks and other waste by-products from WT printing operations in Brooklyn were taken in Society trucks to WT owned property in Wallkill for disposal by burying this hazardous waste in unpermitted dump cells.

To Read more..
    Click the Link Below:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit