Latest rumor - all WT construction "suspended", except for Warwick

by sir82 119 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Heard 4th-hand, but from a full-on believer, so not likely to be an "apostate lie":

Apparently, at Bethel's morning worship this morning, it was announced that all worldwide WTS construction is "suspended" for an indefinite time, except for the new world headquarters at Warwick.

Also, the "relocation" of remote translating teams is also suspended.

Finally, there will be a "worldwide" reduction in Bethel personnel.

All this came to me in a non-English language, and,as noted, 4th-hand. So it is possible something may have been lost in translation and/or in the multiple steps between Bethel morning worship & me.

But if true, it would be quite stunning. Bethel nearly "throwing in the towel" as it were.

Does anyone have any "current" Bethel contacts? Can anyone confirm what was said in today's morning worship?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Truly, Jah is speeding up his earthly Chariot!!!! (Sarcasm)

Looks like the death by a thousand cuts is working.

Now, with the passage of time, we can clearly see what all of the pandering for money on JW.tv has been for. They are bleeding from every orifice. The lawsuits must really be coming hot and hard, and disgruntled, lowly rank-n-file with even half a brain and Google are voting silently with their wallets. The youth are leaving in droves. Only the wolves are left, and they will soon turn on each other.
    Too bad, too bad. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Is that 'all construction' in US or worldwide? What about the new Bethel being built in the UK?

• Magnum
    Magnum

sir82, so far the pointer is leaning toward "confirmed". You posted on the other thread about this, so I know you've seen it.

Assuming it's true, I would love some insight/analysis. What's the deal? Have they made a lot of money from the recent money grab, and if so, do they now want to keep it all - not spending any on construction?

If so, then I'm kind of confused because I thought one of their goals was to use free labor to build buildings that could be resold at a big profit? Did they change strategy?

edit: When I posted the above, I hadn't seen WingCommander's post. Maybe they did change strategy. This seems to be big news to me. Can't wait to find out more and see what the next few months hold.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

People are waking up. We just can't keep up with the cost of lawsuit settlements!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Also, the "relocation" of remote translating teams is also suspended.

They were just talking about building new buildings for this. What's going on? What has moved them to do a rapid 180? I would love to know what's going on behind the scenes.

But if true, it would be quite stunning.

I agree.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Yes. Sure the idea could have been BUILD BUILD BUILD to sell, but they also have to get money in order to build. Even with free labor, it is still a long term investment. If it is truly as the GB put it in the broadcast.. the brothers may feel that no donations are necessary due to the new arrangement. May be the strategy isn't playing out the way they thought.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    They surely can't be stopping the Bethel works underway in the UK, South Africa, France and elsewhere?
  • sir82
    sir82

It is utterly confusing.

They had a big, big, BIG roll-out dog & pony video show earlier this year, inviting ALL elders to attend.

They completely revamped, top to bottom, how Kingdom Halls are going to built, how they are to be financed, and how they are to be maintained. They created new departments & new "special full-time" positions. They were gushing about building dozens of multimillion dollar "Remote Translation Offices" all over the world.

And now - pull the plug? Full speed ahead to dead stop in 9 months?

Lawsuits are not new. Contributions wouldn't plunge so precipitously in 9 months.

I just don't get it.

• sir82
    sir82

They surely can't be stopping the Bethel works underway in the UK, South Africa, France and elsewhere?

I heard "worldwide". Everything, yes, everything, except Warwick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit