Latest rumor - all WT construction "suspended", except for Warwick

by sir82 119 Replies latest jw friends

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Maybe they've discovered that their insurance policy for the court cases and compensation claims isn't going to cover them. Depends on how much of what is being said is true and the timeframes involved. A sudden juddering halt to everything plus cutbacks would obviously mean they need a lot of money in a hurry rather than stupidly over-reaching themselves and needing to reassess. There's been letters about consolidating congregations and sharing halls too, hasn't there? Curious, curious.
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

No KH construction or renovations at all???

If that is the case, that is going to be a massive gunshot wound right into the foot.

They raid every local congo bank account, ask for a monthly KH build donation (never-ending, don't forget that), promise to take care of the properties in return, then DO NOTHING for years, or longer??

I don't give many JWs credit for adding 2+2, but something like this is really putting their future at risk. People are gonna actually start saying "WTF is going on here??"

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    This is brilliant! They get rid of human bodies, living expenses, living quarters, and other money-sucking things like Bethel workers and healthcare, and instead subcontract out the Kitchen and Laundry services to an outside company for a fee. Brilliant!

I agree especially the healthcare. They must be realizing that healthcare costs are ridiculous in particular with all these temp workers.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Magnum...

What is going on? In this thread (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/479610001/wt-slow-ly-changing-importance-door-door-preaching-work-something-more-profitable), it is indicated that the org is slowing down on preaching and focusing more on construction. Now, supposedly, they're halting construction and focusing on preaching. Why such a rapid, abrupt change?

That's a good question. Let's see how this is communicated to the masses (if at all). Don't forget much of what the society does now is propaganda. They have spun numbers of publishers/partakers/lands/bethels for years. Now those numbers have been debunked openly on the internet it's now about amount of literature thrown out by carts and building projects.

Nevermind that the amount of hours needed on a cart to get some literature picked up and then thrown away is huge. Nevermind that fixing up some paint in a hall now counts as a LDC project. They can spin the number of planned projects. They can spin the figures anyway they like to indicate momentum and activity,

This could be the prelude to some other change of course. Remember good dubs must be ready to obey even if the course taken does not make strategic or logical sense...

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Gotta love it; HUGE money grab (looting, stick-up actually), followed by begging for money by GB Member Lett on JW tv, now - THIS? I agree, this has just GOT to wake some more people up. What a freakin' rip-off!
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    LostGeneration
    I don't give many JWs credit for adding 2+2

WingCommander

THIS? I agree, this has just GOT to wake some more people up.

Image result for dumb and dumber pics

• millie210
    millie210

This is all sounding like the way things go when someone has embezzled a lot of money from up top.

If that has occurred and has just been discovered, this would all be the logical fall out one would expect to see.

Just sayin

• millie210
    millie210

Take two

A less inflammatory or dramatic hypothesis on current developments would be:

A couple years ago we heard a rumor of infighting on the writing committee - some mentioned a walk out occurred. As far as I know this was never substantiated.

What DID happen is D.Os got the ax and C.O.s got a "promotion" (now they can appoint and delete - heady stuff in their little world)

a lot of energy was spent promoting cart witnessing and KH building.

The only one that involved the Org in any way that they actually care about, was the building work - the cart witnessing is the peons job.

This news coming out today is a pretty big swing in such a little controlled world.

So maybe the powers that be really are fighting as to what direction to take things?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Spoke to someone I know heavily involved in the construction work here. If he knew of anything he was not saying - as far as he was concerned there is loads of LDC work underway and coming up.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

K99: as far as he was concerned there is loads of LDC work underway and coming up.

Where?

Where exactly is all of this work "underway and coming up"?

A survey of sources on this forum from all over the world reveals these alleged "building projects" are always happening "somewhere else."

Let's review: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit