Latest rumor - all WT construction "suspended", except for Warwick

by sir82 119 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener
    LisaRose - Butt Smoothing - LOL (I needed that today).
  • truthlover
    truthlover

Anybody ever look at the plans for Warwick -- HUGE!!!! WHY??? Not needed...... Effem the US largest bar company operates a worldwide multibillion dollar empire from a small location... granted they do have production plants but nothing on the scale of the WT

Who is going to produce all the books and mags if bethelties are leaving?? Who will feed the anointed? and their puppets, wash their clothes and clean the hallways and rooms and toilets?? Will this be outsourced?? and then the GB will ask for another $4.50 per head per congregation to support that expense..... that will be the fourth time I think along with all the monies they are garnering from the congregation accounts.......

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Dozy, you're spot in and welcome back slimboyfat!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ LisaRose...

I think I read that story... it was an eye-opener, yet unsurprising at the same time.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

@ LisaRose...

I think I read that story... it was an eye-opener, yet unsurprising at the same time.

I think it came from Randy's Freeminds the Bethel Chronicles. If I recall a brother that founded a graphics ware company had designed an airbrush that held patents etc. Pretty sharp guy and good businessman. When the higher ups at Bethel keyed in to what he could offer he was invited there and given a tour as well as a few weeks room and board to set up the art department with his latest airbrush kits, all donated free of charge to the society's in house art dept. He also made it a point to tell one of the heavies there that his department was mostly filled my incompetents and that there was in fighting, no team spirit and would not be tolerated in the real world. He then got the standard they are appointed on spiritual qualities not know how or ability..

Was there that I read out about a piece of equipment that was worth a few hundred grand ( like 1/2 to 3/4M ) and no one knew how to operate it. Interesting read, really opened my eyes to what I had been suspecting.

• startingover
    startingover

Search for seven006, you'll find his story of 2 weeks at Bethel

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Introvert 2...

Yup, that's the one I was thinking of.

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

about two weeks ago I was talking to a brother who had just come back from Warwick. He was there to help out with the tile work. That is what he does in the real world. He told me that some times they had to do a job 2 or 3 times before it was up to standards. I thought, isn't this what you do for a living. Then I thought, maybe it is all of the incompetent help that you are given to do the project.

Just think if all of the work has to be done 2 or 3 times before it is done correctly.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    drawcad: about two weeks ago I was talking to a brother who had just come back from Warwick. He was there to help out with the tile work. That is what he does in the real world. He told me that some times they had to do a job 2 or 3 times before it was up to standards. I thought, isn't this what you do for a living. Then I thought, maybe it is all of the incompetent help that you are given to do the project.

You are right, drawcad, the incompetent help would not have the knowledge or skills to be competent helpers for tile installation and I am not surprised there were deficiencies. I would have been surprised it there wasn't.

Most people think that anything to do with the trades is a cake walk. Little do they realize the years and years of training required in order to be proficient at commercial flooring installations. And, all the other trades, too, that require specialized knowledge and skill..

Getting a journeyman certificate in any of the construction trades takes years and years of committment and hard work. It isn't something that just anyone can do.

Egads...I can't imagine being the one to have to tear out a badly installed tile floor and do it again...for the third time. I have done that work before and it isn't pretty. Everybody would have to give me a really wide berth for a while. It wouldn't be safe to come near me or even within a hammer throw of me.

• Black Man
    Black Man

So what's been the status on this? Just following up.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit