Is he interested?

by Sunnybear 111 Replies latest social relationships

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Gosh. First and only post by a nonJW and it is this? Such details.

First of all OP, if you are legit, welcome and listen to what had has been said. Good advice given.

But, as a former JW who has been on this forum awhile, my spidey senses are tingling. Give me a T..... Maybe I'm wrong.

Snakes (Rich)

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Match.com and sex before marriage.

This man is NOT a JW. He may have been brought up as one and his family are but deep down he is not and he does not want to be honest with them or himself.

Guaranteed, his family do not know about you and your relationship with him and when he introduces you to his mother for your "bible study" he will tell them you are actually interested in the "truth" and it would not be appropriate for him to study with you because you are of the opposite sex. He will play the game and portray himself as a "rule following, christian", for the benefit of his family and the congregation.

Once you have been "converted" he knows you would never tell of your relationship as consequences would now be had for you and him and so all the power lies with him to choose to make your relationship formal or to drop you like a hot potato. You will have no power or say in what happens.

He may be interested in you and be enjoying your "company" but in no way should you consider this as love. Love is what everyone deserves in a long term relationship. There are more fish in the sea.

Change your phone number and run as fast as you can from this one.

• cofty
    cofty
    Any advice? - SunnyBear

So as it turns out quite a lot.

To summarise - RUN.................

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

I think a link to the elder's video where they are telling the young man to leave his pregnant girlfriend would be helpful here. It is very telling. I apologize for my lousy searching skills.

Oh, and RUN!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SUNNYBEAR:

I hate to tell you this but he is really not interested. It seems all he wanted was sex with no strings attached.

Sorry you were hurt by this but move on and forget him - especially since he is a JW... Next time be a little wiser.

• atomant
    atomant

Ask your friend why he wants you to study with his mum and a friend.Then if you agree to a study ask your friend what will happen if you spill the beans and tell his mum your having sex with him. You will then have your answers.

• atomant
    atomant

Ask your friend why he wants you to study with his mum and a friend.Then if you agree to a study ask your friend what will happen if you spill the beans and tell his mum your having sex with him. You will then have your answers.

• atomant
    atomant

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I don't think Sunnybear is interested in hearing what she does not want to ladies and gentlemen.

• Sunnybear
    Sunnybear

Wow! I was not expecting so many comments. I wrote this at 2AM and I just finally came home from work. Let me clarify some things.

He and I have had sex a handful of times (1-2 times a month). We have not had sex every weekend, but he has spent the night a few times. We have not had sex in the last month. Usually, we go on regular dates to movies, dinner, the zoo, etc. We are not just bed buddies.

His family does know about me because he lives with them and he and I have spent a lot of time together. I have met his father and two of his nephews.

He and I have had deep discussions about his beliefs, however I am very knowledgable and will look things up he says and sometimes I find things that contradict what he says. I think he might have suggested his mother because she knows more then him. He has invited me to church and told me he would go with me if I ever wanted to see what it was about.

He said he is scared to get into a relationship with me because I remind him of his ex. He and his ex were good friends and then they started dating and then they argued and broke up and now they don't talk. He told me that he loves me and he always wants me to be part of his life. He said that his biggest fear is losing me in his life. I can't tell if that is genuine or just a line.

I have been reading the material, and I do agree with many things in the booklet(Similar to christianity), but then there are things I really don't agree with (Jesus is angel Michael, views on heaven/hell) and I have been researching scripture to really decide how I feel about these things. In the booklet, they say that Jehovah is written as God's name 70 times in scripture. But, when Iooked Jehovah up in original Hebrew, I only saw it written 4 times as just Jehovah. But I did see variations such as Jehovah-Jirah, Jehovah M'Kaddesh, Jehovah Shalom, Jehovah-Rophe, etc.

Because I don't know much about the "unspoken rules" of being a JW, I am not sure what to do. Based on what I am reading on this forum, it sounds a little like a cult (and I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that~ that is not my intent). I am afraid to dip my toe in the water and get trapped in something I don't fully agree with.

I just want to study this and make an educated decision on what is best for me.

My biggest fear is that he is just using me and at this point, I can't tell. Since we don't have sex that often, I don't feel like he is using me for sex. I have been tempted to ghost him (Block him and erase his phone number). I feel like that is the only way I can really end it and stick to my decision to do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit