Do You Remember When JWs Relished Explaining Their Beliefs?

by minimus 141 Replies latest jw friends

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection.

Interestingly, WT also teaches that the resurrected CAN INDEED die. They teach that any resurrected that does NOT pass the 1000 year test will be destroyed, therefore you have proven WT wrong, even with your interpretation of Luke 20:36

A Believer, the more fitting interpretation is that the resurrected are spiritual beings living in a spiritual heavenly setting, (again read 1 Cor 15) and they are NOT angels.

Maybe the WT does have it wrong about who the term great crowd is being referred to in this scripture.

They are wrong about this and many other things. The problem is that JWs are not allowed to question this or any other obviously flawed doctrine. If they do, they risk being DF as apostates.

There is much else WT is wrong on. Just seek online and you'll find. Excellent place to start: jwfacts.com

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Also Sanchy we don't believe in two resurrections just one on earth.

This is not correct A Believer. According to WT, there is a "heavenly resurrection" for the 144k, and then there is the billions that will physically resurrect into paradise Earth..

Click below and go to "Heavenly Resurrection" cat and then "Earthly Resurrection"

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003709

• A Believer
    A Believer

The Bible says those who don't pass it go to the second death of course. So who do will be like the angles in that they will never die.

What you are saying about them being spiritual creatures but not angels...what religion teaches this? It seems like you made it up.

What I am saying is that even if the great crowd are the 144000 what does it matter? BOTH will make it pass the great tribulation.

• minimus
    minimus

Such good reasoning from

our ex JWs!!!!

• A Believer
    A Believer

The Bible flat out says 144000 brought from earth. Do you really think everyone will be?

3 And they are singing what seems to be a new song+ before the throne and before the four living creatures+ and the elders,+ and no one was able to master that song except the 144,000,+ who have been bought from the earth.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

What you are saying about them being spiritual creatures but not angels...what religion teaches this? It seems like you made it up

..really? I'd say the majority, if not all mainstream Christian religions teach that when one dies they resurrect as spiritual beings to live in a spiritual realm.

I myself am not trying to teach anything. I'm only demonstrating how WT theology is incorrect in many respects.

• A Believer
    A Believer

You said spiritual creatures that weren't angels. The Bible says nothing of the sort living in heaven.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

The Bible flat out says 144000 brought from earth.

It also "flat-out" says that the Great Crowd is in heaven. It also "flat-out" says that there is one resurrection, one to a spiritual body. So how do you reconcile this?

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

You said spiritual creatures that weren't angels. The Bible says nothing of the sort living i heaven.

Angels are beings created directly in the spirit realm, having never lived on Earth. The resurrected according to Jesus and the apostles would live in heaven AFTER death and thus they are not the same as angels.

• A Believer
    A Believer

What is the origin of the myth?

After the death of Jesus’ apostles, by the beginning of the second century C.E., the early Church Fathers gained prominence. Describing their teachings, the New Catholic Encyclopedia (2003), Volume 6, page 687, says: “The general stream of teaching was that heavenly bliss is granted to the disembodied soul immediately after whatever necessary purification follows death.”

5 “Happy are the mild-tempered, since they will inherit the earth.

10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

If everyone goes to heaven, why do the 144000 need to act as kings and priests and rule over Earth? No one would be there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit