Do You Remember When JWs Relished Explaining Their Beliefs?

by minimus 141 Replies latest jw friends

• A Believer
    A Believer

Thisisme I can't find it online. I'm only said that because I hear it from talkers and the ministry school. They let you use whatever bible you want to when you first begin studying with an unbeliver because they might be more comfortable with that version.

Of course now you will probably say I am lieing, and I could tell you to go talk to a JW you know and ask them. But then you will say you don't want to.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

A believer. Whoops, are the holes showing now? Why would I need to lie when I, and everyone else here know what the answer is...Your forgetting, ALL of us on here were given the same crap as you. So yes, you are lying and you have admitted it!

----edit---- You never answered the question about the bible study. In case you have forgotten here it is again.

• When studying with someone, can they put aside What "Does the Bible Really Teach", and just read the bible? Or do they need to study this book too?

Now remember, you called this a bible study.

• A Believer
    A Believer

For what reason would I lie? All I said was you could ask another JW if you didn't believe me. That they would let you use the bible you're more comfortable with in the beginning of a study with someone new isn't a foreign concept.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

A believer, but you cannot find this online or on jw.org, so therefore this is not the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses. So unfortunately, you did lie.

By the way, why would I ask another JW, aren't you one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Why do I need to ask another, when there is one right here? Are they not going to have the same answer?

• TD
    TD

The Bible says love everyone and so JW do.

JW's have (In The Watchtower) lamented the fact that "Apostates" can't be killed. If that's not hate, I'm not sure what is

If "Apostates" were truly evil people, that attitude might be forgivable (Although it is still arguably not Christian) but the "Apostate" label can be earned for disagreeing on minutia.

• blondie
    blondie

“A Time to Love.” Love is held back only from those whom Jehovah shows are unworthy of it, or from those set in a course of badness. Love is extended to all persons until they show they are haters of God. Then the time comes for love’s expression toward them to end. Both Jehovah God and Jesus Christ love righteousness and hate lawlessness. (Ps 45:7; Heb 1:9) Those who intensely hate the true God are not persons toward whom love is to be expressed. Indeed, it would accomplish no good to continue exercising love toward such ones, for those who hate God will not respond to God’s love. (Ps 139:21, 22; Isa 26:10) Therefore God properly hates them and has a time to act against them.—Ps 21:8, 9; Ec 3:1, 8.

it-2 pp. 273-279

• Love

• Revelation 1:6

Still, you do have this, that you hate+ the deeds of the sect of Nic·o·laʹus,+ which I also hate.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Jesus said to love your enemy, so that means love everyone if you follow what the scriptures command

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

minimus - "Do you remember when JWs relished explaining their beliefs?"

Oh, yeah.

Good luck convincing anyone (outside the PrisonPlanet readership) that the UN is on the verge of marshalling a global campaign to suppress religious freedoms nowadays, though.

:smirk:

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS's core doctrines of faith have weakened off now " This Generation " didn't fulfill itself, father time has proven that, now the WTS is under strain to make them look viable in front of their own members and the public.

If the WTS doctrines were false, how then could God have chosen this organization as his solemn one ?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Whoops, double post.
  • Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit