Do You Remember When JWs Relished Explaining Their Beliefs?

by minimus 141 Replies latest jw friends

• A Believer
    A Believer

42 And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

A Believer, you haven't answered my question. Is it still your case that you have only been studying for a few weeks and that you are not baptized?

• TD
    TD
    (Ancient Greek: κύριος)

....and Modern. We spell it the same today.

• A Believer
    A Believer

I'll be honest I grew up in a JW household. It was a long time we stopped going, not because of disbelief, we just stopped. I was never baptized. About a month and a half ago I started studying into to the Trinity and other religions. Some of the scriptures Trinitarians used made me question, because I had never really studied the Bible. After researching into the Trinity's pagan origins and reading the book of John I am not sure how so many could believe Jesus was God. But then I read more

9 So down the great dragon+ was hurled, the original serpent,+ the one called Devil+ and Satan,+ who is misleading the entire inhabited earth;+ he was hurled down to the earth,+ and his angels were hurled down with him. 12 On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea,+ because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”+

The Bible basically says Satan would mislead the Earth when he came here.

• A Believer
    A Believer

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/moving-toward-a-one-world-government-a-one-world-economy-and-a-one-world-religion

http://www.un.org/en/sections/priorities/international-peace-and-security/

3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them,+ just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

The JW teaching that UN will destroy false religion leaving only one, after all these years is starting to prove right. The UN set agenda 2030 into action just last year. When they pick one religon, which do you think it will be?

• minimus
    minimus

A Believer.... it was obvious that you have a JW background. Maybe you were trying to use theocratic strategy on

us!?

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Thanks for coming clean A Believer. I understand why you would want to conceal the fact that you have a much deeper JW background.

You know, JWs do have many things that do make sense. I do agree that there is sufficient biblical evidence to imply that Jesus and Jehovah are not the same person. Having said that, there are many other beliefs and practices of the JW org that are not biblical.

For instance, just one out of many: do some research on where the Great Crowd is located. Watchtower claims they are on Earth. Read Rev 7, then 19:1, and ask yourself is this is really the case.

In my studies I found may more doctrines, like this one, that are not in accordance with the bible. If you'd like a list, feel free to PM me.

• minimus
    minimus

JWs have been suggesting peace and security was about to be fulfilled any day now for years. And just a head up, no governments REALLY CARE about the measly Witness sect...: seriously it sounds so ignorant

• never a jw
    never a jw

The Bible basically says Satan would mislead the Earth when he came here.

Let's rearrange that and chop unnecessary jargon... and fix bad grammar.

"The Bible misleads the Earth"

The Bible is a wonderful collection of books that allows us to look into the lives, customs, mores, myths, legends, and beliefs of people who lived long ago. It's very misleading to believe that it's a book to predict anything or a moral guide. Don't be a fool like thousands/millions of people in the past 2,000 years.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

About the 13th century the term "Jehovah" appeared when Christian scholars took the consonants of "Yahweh" and pronounced it with the vowels of "Adonai." This resulted in the sound "Yahowah," which has a Latinized spelling of "Jehovah." The first recorded use of this spelling was made by a Spanish Dominican monk, Raymundus Martini, in 1270.

Interestingly, this fact is admitted in much Jehovah's Witness literature, such as their Aid to Bible Understanding (p. 885). This is surprising because Jehovah's Witnesses loathe the Catholic Church and have done everything in their power to strip their church of traces of Catholicism. Despite this, their group's very name contains a Catholic "invention," the name "Jehovah

To read more click the link below

Is God's name Yahweh or Jehovah? | Catholic Answers

Pete the good news is spread door to door just like Jesus did.....A Believer

Jesus never went from house to house..
    He spoke in public or to small groups..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit