Do You Remember When JWs Relished Explaining Their Beliefs?

by minimus 141 Replies latest jw friends

• A Believer
    A Believer

Live saving work. I've seen on this forum, even when someone bashes the religion they atleast admit the people of it are good.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    A Believera minute ago

Live saving work. I've seen on this forum, even when someone bashes the religion they atleast admit the people of it are good.

You mean the going door to door with a catholic book and claiming it for themselves? You do realize that the bible is a catholic book confirmed by it's own bishops, in council, right?

What fruits. What shows the love?

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

A believer. I suspect you haven't seen this yet. Even your own Gobod member admits that they do not know the name of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTImafdP7M

Incidentally, there are some great soundbites to be taken out of his testimony to the ARC. Should you choose to view them.

• A Believer
    A Believer

There seem to be two main reasons. First, many claim that the name should not be used because the original way to pronounce it is unknown today. Ancient Hebrew was written without vowels. Therefore, no one today can say for sure exactly how people of Bible times pronounced YHWH. However, should this prevent us from using God’s name? In Bible times, the name Jesus may have been pronounced Yeshua or possibly Yehoshua—no one can say for certain. Yet, people the world over today use different forms of the name Jesus, pronouncing it in the way that is common in their language. They do not hesitate to use the name just because they do not know its first-century pronunciation. Similarly, if you were to travel to a foreign land, you might well find that your own name sounds quite different in another tongue. Hence, uncertainty about the ancient pronunciation of God’s name is no reason for not using it.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

I wonder how much time A Believer is putting in for being on an "apostate" site? I'm sure the forum admin would be able to find the IP address of this user and maybe report him to watchtower HQ for going against the teachings of his organisation. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in this JC meeting.

• A Believer
    A Believer

TTWYSF Our Bible is different in that Gods name is not replaced with a generic title. When first starting a personal study with someone they can use whatever bible they want.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

So what your really saying is, you are willing to defy a member of your governing body here? Sounds like this is the case to me. A Believer.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

A Believer. Could you show us evidence of your statement that those who start a study with you can use any bible they like? When studying with someone, can they put aside What "Does the Bible Really Teach", and just read the bible? Or do they need to study this book too?

Now remember, you called this a bible study.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There seem to be two main reasons. First, many claim that the name should not be used because the original way to pronounce it is unknown today. Ancient Hebrew was written without vowels.Blah..blah..blah......A Believer

You`ve cut and pasted WBT$ Crap without giving them credit for the crap they wrote..

To read the entire Piece Of Crap the WatchTower wrote..

Click the link below:

pages 195-197 of the book What Does the Bible Really Teach?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Believer- Still awaiting real fruits to the world from the JW society,.

I tend to think that you may not have any that you feel real good about.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit