Do You Remember When JWs Relished Explaining Their Beliefs?

by minimus 141 Replies latest jw friends

• A Believer
    A Believer

Greateacher I don't think that ever happen because they said everyone can change until the great tribulation. So it's likely the preaching work won't stop.

Outlaw YHWH comes from Hebrew so Jehovah seems appropriate. What do you think he should be called?

• A Believer
    A Believer

Schnell read my earlier replies on trinity and after life a lot of stuff the religions say I don't believe in sorry.

• schnell
    schnell

Believer, try watching the video rather than the title.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw YHWH comes from Hebrew so Jehovah seems appropriate.

Thats because you have a WatchTarded Education

The term Jehovah, is a Erroneous Hybrid form for the divine name which originated in the mistaken idea that the consonants of Tetragrammaton, YHWH (really pronounced "Yahweh"), were to be read with the vowel points found with them in the MT, which really gives the vowels which are to be read with the substituted word ‘dny, (Adonai, "Lord"). The proper vowels for the latter word are a-o-a, but since the first consonant in YHWH is not a guttural, the vowel e is placed under it (to be read after it) instead of the vowel a; thus, by combining these vowels with the consonants of the Tetragrammaton, the mongrel form, "Yehowah," came into being, which with the English consonant j in place of y and with the German pronunciation of w as v, produced in turn the quaint form of "Jehovah." Even the Jews today such as Saul Lieberman, M.A., D.H.L., Ph.D. Late Distinguished Service Professor of Talmud and Rector of the Rabbinical School, Jewish Theological Seminary of America. Author of Greek in Jewish Palestine and Hellenism in Jewish Palestine. admit The name Jehovah was:

"ERRONEOUSLY TRANSLITERATED from the Masoretic Hebrew text." (For More information Please see the APPENDIX)

To read more click the link below..

Is the term "Jehovah" really the proper name of God? - Catholic ..

What do you think he should be called?

Image result for spongebob squarepants

• never a jw
    never a jw

Never a jw If you think the Bible has never predicted anything I encourage you to read this...

A believer,

You are so naive. Let me try to do my own prophecies :

"In the year 2008 the son of the white and the black will become the most powerful king"

that's an accurate prophecy about Obama becoming president, using the author of the book of Daniel techniques. it's called vaticinum ex eventu. It's easy, even a kid can do it.

Also try this regarding failed prophecies/predictions. Use your Bible and confirm

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/proph/long.html

• smiddy
    smiddy

A Believer do you have access to the " Kingdom Interlinear of The Christian Greek Scriptures" a word for word translation published by the WTB&TS ? from greek to English ?

If not seek one out , nowhere in the Greek text translated into English is the Tetragrammaton or an equivalent four Greek letters substituting for the Divine name.

So what that should tell you quite plainly is that the name Jehovah or even Yahweh does not belong in the Christian greek Scriptures /New Testament.

Also the first edition of the book" Aid To Bible Understanding" admitted that the name Jehovah was not the proper name for God , that it was probably more likely Yahweh .

The reason they gave for setling on the name Jehovah was because it was the most popular name in use at that time

So , on the one hand they say that christendom tries to hide the name and on the other hand they say it was the most popular name in use in Christendom ? Which is it ?

Also Catholic Bibles such as the Knox Translation consistently use the name Yahweh throughout the Old Testament and not just in a few texts.

Keep searching and researching A Believer

I wish you well on your journey.

Those days are gone when we relished a scriptual discussion with a householder ,the current JW has no desire to do so has been my experience.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Interesting Thread !

Just to comment on the actual Thread title, I remember a time when a very few JW's used to relish defending the beliefs, me being one of them, I have been toe to toe using the Bible with Vicars, Ministers, and even once a Bishop! Even back then the majority of JW's were not that good at it.

I realised I was inadequate, and at best could hope for a "draw" against educated religious people, usually just a polite withdrawal and "agree to disagree" from me, but a few of my generation, usually born-ins from the 1950's or earlier were willing to make a good fist of defending our weird beliefs.

I think very few younger than that, or more recently converted, are even able to make any kind of a show, they just refer you to their pathetic website.

They are clueless, which is good, they ain't going to make many converts, and as the JW kids mainly leave, or at least wake up and stay for the social side only, they are going to fade away as an Org.

GOOD !

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JW aren't going on TV to preach, everybody has their own beliefs. So they wouldn't beleive the org anway. Probably no one would watch it but believers.

And so it is with JW*Org and JW.TV and their videos -- NO ONE IS WATCHING but brain-dead believers.

And they need kids' ice cream money to keep that expensive TV studio running!

• Saename
    Saename

And I assume that many of the Jehovah's Witnesses who watch the monthly episodes do so only because of guilt. I personally never had any desire to watch those as I always perceived them as boring. However, I had to watch some of the episodes because fellow believers constantly asked me if I've seen "the recent JW programming." Then, they kept asking me what I thought was the most interesting part. When I think back on it, it's strange that I used to consider this type of behaviour normal and friendly.

• A Believer
    A Believer

Outlaw Jehovah is the hebrew latin version of the name Yahweh. What is so hard to understand?

Smiddy YHWH=Yahweh From the KJV

19 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

The word "Alleluia" or "Hallelujah" (from Hebrew הללו יה), which literally means "Praise ye Yah" or "Praise Jah, you people", is used in different ways in Christian liturgies. "Praise Jah" is a short form of "Praise Yahweh".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit