Do You Remember When JWs Relished Explaining Their Beliefs?

by minimus 141 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Pete the good news is spread door to door just like Jesus did. Not everyone has a TV/internet. Maybe they don't wouldn't know about the website, if you show up to the door some would have been hearing of it for the first time and at least have an opportunity to learn the truth.

Jesus and the apostles preached from door to door because that's the only way they could do it. If the message is so urgent an the end is so near, why not use the technology available today? You use Jesus as a methods as the ultimate example of how the preaching work is to be done yet Jesus and his apostles didn't use cars to go from door to door or a printing press to print the message nor did he utilize a website yet JW's those means so why not spread the news via every means possible such as on television and radio? That way those who are called on at their doors may have questions or they may have had their interest piqued or at least have a clearer idea of what JW's are about rather than rejecting them because of what they've heard from others. The problem with that is, from what I can tell, as the original poster said, JW's today aren't equipped to really explain their own beliefs effectively.

Again, JW's often use the example of a "sinking ship" when they refer to this system of things. If you were on a sinking ship, you'd use a loudspeaker to warn the all of the passengers at once...you wouldn't print up a flyer and knock on each cabin door hoping to find someone there who'd listen to you.

As far as I can tell, spreading the message urgently isn't really their primary objective and thankfully you as well as thousands of others are daring to visit forums like this as you begin to see what's really going on and are struggling to come to terms with the enormity of it all.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Actually, you may want to look a little closer at Matthew 10:11-15, which is the scripture that you quoted as being Jesus' instructions to his Apostles to preach 'from house to house'. The cross references to this scripture text is found in the middle of the page on page 1317 of the New World Translation Revised. Jesus instructions are clearly on the finding of lodging during their travels. Mark 6:10 and Luke 9:4 are the cross referenced scriptures.

Mark 6:10: "Further, he said to them: 'Whenever you enter into a home, stay there until you leave that place' ".

Luke 9:4: "But whenever you enter into a home, stay there and leave from there."

I am sure that you are sincere in your beliefs but you must not take what Jehovah's Witnesses say about the Bible at face value. You will find that many here were Bethelites, Missionaries, Elders, Ministerial Servants and Pioneers. Most of the men and women who post here were sincere and devoted Jehovah's Witnesses until they did some REAL research without the distorting slant of Watchtower dogma. Stick around and keep an open mind. There is much to learn from the many experienced men and women posting here.

• A Believer
    A Believer

Like I said a lot of these places may not have access to internet or know on their own to look for it.

JW aren't going on TV to preach, everybody has their own beliefs. So they wouldn't beleive the org anway. Probably no one would watch it but believers.

• schnell
    schnell
    JW aren't going on TV to preach, everybody has their own beliefs. So they wouldn't beleive the org anway. Probably no one would watch it but believers.

Then why preach? I thought this was a lifesaving work.

• A Believer
    A Believer

I understand Sparky. But if the End does come it will just be the fulfillment of the scripture that said many would turn their back on it in the last days. It seems many here want to tear down the religion for no reason. How many religions teach you so many truths of the bible like JW do? What's the better alternative? Paganism or Aethism?

• minimus
    minimus

Seriously I must commend all of you who have used intelligence and undeniable proof that JWs are incorrect in their teachings. I admire that you kindly prove your points by using scripture as well as the watchtowers own words

• A Believer
    A Believer

It is live saving work. That's why the mission is to teach everyone about it directly.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

And if they told you from the platform tomorrow night that the lifesaving work is over, would you stop preaching?

I believe you would.

I believe you are a follower of man.

What could they possibly say that you wouldn't follow?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw its not wrong that that Catholics and JW use the same name. We loathe no one because the bible says love everyone..

Your reply is WatchTarded..

That is from a Catholic website..

The Catholics admit Inventing the name Jehovah..

Considering there were no Catholics during the time of Jesus..

Jesus would have never used that name..

• schnell
    schnell
    How many religions teach you so many truths of the bible like JW do?

I maintain that most elders would not pass the entrance exam to seminary, nor would they retain their beliefs if they completed the program. There is plenty about the Bible that is never taught from any Kingdom Hall podium, I am sorry to have to inform you.

http://religion.unc.edu/_people/full-time-faculty/ehrman/

https://youtu.be/bONyPjvRsuo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit