Do You Remember When JWs Relished Explaining Their Beliefs?

by minimus 141 Replies latest jw friends

• A Believer
    A Believer

I see now. The teaching is that the 140000 are of the great crowd. So either way they are both the great crowd. Jesus says he will rescue both so I don't see the issue.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

No, apparently you don't fully understand the doctrine A Believer. I urge you to research it in JW literature.

The WT teaches these are two completely different group, with two completely different hopes. The 144k according to WT are the ONLY ones that go to heaven after death, where they will rule as kings over the Earth. The Great Crows on the other hand are JWs alive today with an Earthly hope. They will survive Armageddon and live on paradise Earth forever (so long as they survive the final test after the first 1000 years) This is where the error lies. The bible clearly shows that the Great Crowd is in heaven, thus ripping to shreds this silly WT doctrine.

You can find more info here:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/great-crowd-other-sheep.php

• A Believer
    A Believer

The Bible doesn't say humans will be resurrected to heaven. It just says thier will be a resurrection. The scripture says blood and flesh can't inherit the kingdom of the heaven. The Bible also talks of what paradise on earth would be like just look at the scripture I gave you. It also says no one will be sick. Thiers another that says God created earth to be inhabited. Why would he go back on this?

• A Believer
    A Believer

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102002073

I read about the great crowd from here.

• minimus
    minimus

A Believer, I think you tried to throw some off by your "misunderstanding " of the great crowd. I think you gave yourself up from the get go😈

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

No one is arguing what the bible teaches about the Earth. There is much debate as to this matter, and it's up to the interpretation of any that wants to take a stab at it, you'll find much such debate online. The main point is that WT is dogmatic about certain teachings that are biblicly baseless:

-The Great Crowd is in heaven, not on earth as WT teaches

-Where WT teaches that there are 2 types of resurrections with the biggest one being a physical one here on Earth, the bible instead teaches only 1 resurrection hope, that is that they resurrect into a spiritual body where they live as "angels in heaven" (Luke 20:36)

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Pete the good news is spread door to door just like Jesus did." - A Believer

Where is the scripture that says JESUS went from door to door?

• A Believer
    A Believer

Maybe the WT does have it wrong about who the term great crowd is being referred to in this scripture. But the Bible still gives a number of how many it is that goes to heaven. Does it make JW evil if they have it wrong?

New International Version
    and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection.

The scripture you pointed out reads they are like angles because the resurrected are now undieing. If they go to heaven why doesn't it just say they are now angels?

• A Believer
    A Believer

Sparky Maybe he didn't who knows but he did order for those back then to do it.

11 “Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until you leave. 12 When you enter the house, greet the household. 13 If the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon you.

• A Believer
    A Believer

Also Sanchy we don't believe in two resurrections just one on earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit