UN FINDS WMD...OK saddam lovers, what now?

by dolphman 280 Replies latest social current

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    oh c'mon pettygrudger everyone knows this. What makes chemical warheads so special is that they have the durability and special construction to deliver a chemical compound without the chemical compound being so disturbed in it's trajectory that it loses it's potency. The shelf life of certain chemicals is longer than others, I don't know the specifics, but you don't just put VX in a mason jar and stick it in the fridge. These chemicals are fragile and are often stored elsewhere.

I'm not talking about the chemicals crack smoker (takes one to know one right?!). I'm talking about the "WARHEADS" that would be used to deliver said chemicals, which is what they've found.

• wasasister
    wasasister
    Yes, calling someone a Saddam lover is perfectly appropiate

NO, it isn't, and your saying so makes you seem foolish and angry. Bush and the WT both like to paint everything either black or white. If you don't agree with the power-head, you are with the enemy. How utterly ignorant.

I don't agree with Bush, but that does not mean I'm in bed with Saddam, or even that I think he should remain in power.

Your extremist statements make you unworthy of even discussing this subject. I'm perfectly willing to debate with people who use reasonable expressions, but you do injustice to every right-winger here.

• dolphman
    dolphman

Your right Simon, America needs to find a way to figure out the middle east a little bit better. But as long as people think were all a bunch of arrogant bullies (Just ask grudgelover) than we're always going to have to have our hands tied behind our back. Trying to do things and working with people in power we don't want to but have to to avoid being considered imperialist.

Anyone remember the league of nations? How sucessful were they at stopping WW2? Sometimes, you gotta grab the bull by the horns, at the risk of being considered a bully. Deleted the UN. THE ONLY REASON THERE ARE INSPECTORS RIGHT NOW IN IRAQ IS BECAUSE WE MADE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR TO SADDAM THAT THEY NEEDED TO GET BACK IN THERE. IT wasn't Kobe Annan crying about it that brought them back in it.

There are bigger bullys in this world with a lot more menacing intentions. Give the US a break.

--Rich

Edited by - Englishman on 16 January 2003 15:44:47

• dolphman
    dolphman

OH jeez listen to this:

NO, it isn't, and your saying so makes you seem foolish and angry. Bush and the WT both like to paint everything either black or white. If you don't agree with the power-head, you are with the enemy. How utterly ignorant

I don't agree with bush's economic plan, his environmental policies, or his abuse of the english language. However, with Saddam, things are black in white and if you can't figure that out, then jeez, I don't know if there is any helping you.

I'm unreasonable huh? Well, try talking to some of these people on this board who still think Saddam doesn't have WMD. Now that's an exercise in futility!

Rich

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Dolph crack boy - its exactly people like you that give the rest of the world their opinion of America - and our hands should be just as tied as any other country on the face of this planet.

Editted to add

P.S. - wanna rephrase your statement or provide proof regarding shelf life of empty chemical war heads yet?

Edited by - pettygrudger on 16 January 2003 15:17:36

• jackal
    jackal

Personally, I don't think invading China is a bad idea either. But one evil dictatorship at a time, please. I thought you all were against war? Why invade Egypt or Saudia Arabia if we can use the diplomatic solutions you all think work so well against them? They're time is coming. Like I said, one evil dictatorship at a time.

This is the kind of absolutist, GOOD/EVIL thinking that scares the hell out of me. And you keep saying Saddam, Saddam, as though we're just going to go in and kill one guy. Remember that we are talking about an entire country and its people. The UN estimates that 500,000 Iraqis may die in a full-scale invasion. Are they all evil too? And then the Chinese, and the Egyptians, and the Saudis . . . Sure, let's just roll over them all one at a time! That'll make the world a better place, won't it. Sounds a bit like Armageddon to me.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Cen,

Did you forget to take you meds today??

Chinese troops massing in Iraq?? And how did they get there?? Did they take some dugs and fly?? What are you on?? You must be getting North Korea and Iraq confused. Maybe you should take your head out of your ass.

Realist,

All Im saying is that the U.S. had a legitiimate reason for all our toys- basicly making sure the Soviets didnt invade Europe. Even then, we HAVNT used them (excpet for WWII, but remember the Japanese used Biological Weapons against China so alls fair...) whereas Saddam HAS used them. If he uses WMD against our troops- IRAQ will be GLOWING.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

The coming war in Iraq is about oil. That's honestly about it. This is a strategic play to gain influence or control over that oil, similar to the Desert Storm operation in Kuwait. (For those who don't know, Iraq checked with the United States to make sure we didn't have any concerns regarding Kuwait before they invaded. Then the US came to the "rescue." Saddam was pissed and rightly so. He was fooled into thinking the US had no interest in Kuwait and was set up.)

Regardless of how the Iraq crisis is being marketed to the American people or the world, it's definitely the smart play for the future. I think the rest of the world, besides the United States, will benefit from a more stable and friendly government in Iraq as it concerns the flow of oil and oil prices. And for those who disagree and bitch about American imperialism, I could care less. Every country is in ruthless competition with everyone else. Those who point the finger at America and complain about our tactics are gross hypocrites. But that's the world we live in.

• dolphman
    dolphman

what do you mean rephrase? You speak good english right? What did you miss? The warheads can last however long a piece of metal last. It's the chemicals that need to be kept under close supervision and have varying shelf lives.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Mega,

Hold on now. Iraq invaded Kuwait becuase Saddam didnt have the money he owed the Kuwaites. He had a big fat war bill courtesy of his 10 year adventure with Iran. He didnt have the Cash and they were calling the collectors so he invaded. The U.S. told Saddam to back off and he didnt. End of Story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit