Whats the dumbest reason youve been counseled?

by avishai 155 Replies latest jw experiences

• james_woods
    james_woods

This one was pointed at my ex-father in law. He was an elder in the congregation at the time. We had all gone quail hunting one saturday and the bird dog ran off chasing a rabbit. Father in law yells out "get your sorry a** back here you stupid SOB! We had a newbie bible student along and he reports him to the other elders for language. Naturally a little session is called.

Now check this - he got out of by saying that female dogs were properly called bitches and therefore this was just good english and not really cursing! They followed up anyway by telling him that hunting was not really for christians, checking to make sure we fried the quails and ate them, and calling to mind Nimrod "the mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah".

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

My husband was once counseled and not allowed to give a talk because his hair was TOO SHORT.

The ironic thing was that the elder who counseled him looked like a reject from the Beatles.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/member/16315.ashx

saorise your pic is brilliant...hee hee...where have i seen that before!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

it only happened to me once, and it was cause I was caught holdin hands with a worldly boy when I was 17!

• JH
    JH

Well, it wasn't dumb in my case.....

The brother said, when you pass the microphone, please put deodorant on....

• jgnat
    jgnat

I haven't seen my hubby's yet. He was counselled for spending too much time talking and joking with the JW widows. "You don't see the elders do that, do you?"

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

ive been conseled so much its untrue and yet i was your typical pioneering straight from school till 2 days of giving birth, answering like a trooper etc and yet for some reason they always picked on me always about immodesty, (even at times when it was dresses my mum bought!!!)

one time i remember, two elders came round and read that famous 'before he is taking a false step reajust him scrip!, then they sat there for two hours while i tried to guess what they were on about (think i ended up confessing things they didnt know!!) but anyway apparently some wife in the hall thought i was staring at her hubby!!!! i still havent a clue who it was, i was so sick of geting picked on for stuff like that!!!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I got counselled for touching a guys earlobe...

Read about it here ---> http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/99873/1.ashx

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Thanks fleaman!

I just remembered an elder counseling me for not making my bed. I asked where it says we have to do that in the bible. He said something about we need to be a clean and organized people. And besides, my future husband would expect me to do it.

• Legolas
    Legolas

This was a great thread!..LMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit