Whats the dumbest reason youve been counseled?

by avishai 155 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover
    undercover

That's priceless. I don't think I could have kept a straight face on that one.

I guess I was lucky. I got counseled on grooming a couple of times and cars once, but they were nice about it. I always managed to mind my own business and not let too many people into my own little inner circle. I guess that kept me out of the spot light.

I remember being counseled on one thing(can't go into detail but it was really stupid) because a nosy sister in the cong. didn't like sumthin I was doing. The elders couldn't find anything written but asked if I would just lay low in this matter. I said sure and they let me go. As I came out of the back room, the sister was chatting with others(this was after a meeting) and she was watching me like a hawk and I could tell that she knew what was going on. I watched her closer from then on and could tell she was just looking for things that anyone did that might seem out of place so she could go running to the elders.

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

I had my share of hair too long, then hair too short councels.

But here's another one that ranks just below the "stamp issue." The stamp one is a classic.

I was the accountant servant and I got conselled for being too neat. In other words, my numbers were too neat.

Seriously.

I think that the brother felt that if the numbers were too neat that it would look like I was making up the numbers. That if it was sloppier, it would look "more authentic."

I tell you what, I got picked on for everything, and I think I bitter about it because every time I complained it was just showing that I had a "bad attitude."

• undercover
    undercover
    I was the accountant servant and I got conselled for being too neat. In other words, my numbers were too neat.

That's just it. Nuthin you do is good enough. Somebody somewhere is gonna nitpick the hell out of it. Hair's too long. Hair's too short. You write sloppy. You write too neat. You should buy a four door car. Why do you need such a big SUV? RocknRoll is bad. Classical is bad.

Good god, it's no wonder people are having emotional issues inside the Org.

• wednesday
    wednesday

i was getting out of my car one day at teh KH and a trucker honked and waved. i waved back. An uptight elder with a bad marriage saw it, said i encourged it. several years later, his uptight wife died , and he married someone 30 years younger than him.self

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

That's right.

Nothing was good enough.

After finally going on anti-depressants (Paxil), I started to take things easy.

I had a phone conversation with an elder and I told him that I've come to the conclusion that "I'm DOING MY BEST."

For the longest time, I struggled with feelings of inadequacy even though I pioneered for 9 years. Finally, broke donw and on anti-depressants I just decided to do what I could do.

Well, I told the brother I was feeling good, making the meetings when I could and I got one hour in service last month.

Of course you know the classic line - "Is that REALLY the best you could do?"

And I said YES.

My current state is I'm not DF or DA, but just not going to the meetings, but I am reading the BIBLE a TON.

• ballistic
    ballistic

*Drinking 5 pints of extra strong ale

*boasting about it at age 18

(actually boasting was dumb)

• thewiz
    thewiz

you're too smart. it's going to get you into trouble

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

A group of us were going to a Bush Dance (kind of an Australian Hoe-down). I referred to it as a "bush-pig dance". I got counselled for that...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

You should have countered with something like "Are you counselling me to offer less than my absolute best in Jehovah's service? Should He settle for somewhat less than my best?"

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

When I turned 18, I decided to give back to my community by joining the Volunteer Ambulance Corps. The elders acted like I just joined a satanic cult. I was immediatly counceled by the elders. (They saw me in uniform while I was on duty). Of course, they gave me the standard crap, time away from meetings, study, service, ect. They even got down on me because a patch on my uniform had a red cross on it. . I was told that if I wanted to save lives, I should go out in service. They gave me the story about somebody who was going to commit suicide but didn't becuase JW's came to the door. Regardless of what they said, I stayed on the corps for a few more years until my back gave out. Probably one of the best experience of my life. Much more rewarding than going out in service. (Plus, I got to run red lights )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit