Whats the dumbest reason youve been counseled?

by avishai 155 Replies latest jw experiences

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I got counseled by the elders after a wedding when I was divorced from my first husband; for dancing at the reception with a "brother" I wasn't married to. They said it was wrong for me to be dancing with any male since they didn't consider me to be scripturally free. What was insane about this is that the elder that told on me was dancing with a younger girl about my age, and he was married and had 3 kids!!!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

For wearing sleeveless tops in service (in 95 degree weather in west palm beach florida)

For seeming to "cold" towards the brothers in my hall (Ah yes! I should be more receptive when Bro.RecedinghairLine whose an MS (OH WOW) hints on wanting to date me-GAG! )

And the classic: FOR HAVING INDEPENDANT THINKING AND PROUD OF IT DAMN IT!

• deeskis
    deeskis

Hey Miss Peaches, I know I'm getting sidetracked, but I wasn't around in Oct when you posted your "earlobe thread".........

when my middle boy (now in his teens), was around two he used to twiddle my nipples (with his fingers) whilst in bed with us. He was weaned when he was 18 months, but still loved having a little play with his "old friends". when i became pregnant with my third i became super sensitive and could not stand to have him touch me like that! he started twiddling my earlobes instead!

I remember I'd be feeding the new baby, and he'd be sitting next to me playing with my ears. after some time i "weaned" him away from my ears. But when he was tired or upset he would fiddle with his own earlobes. (I guess it could have been more antisocial!) very ocassionally, even now, i still see him do this!

maybe you awakened some primeordeal memory in that guy that was to hard to handle!

you temptress you!!

• jessthebull
    jessthebull

Not using a bag to transport my books to and from the meeting

Laughing at a friends baby during the meeting

immodest dress, again ankle length skirt, split to knee senario

• Nina
    Nina

The Circuit Overseer and Presiding Overseer visited me one afternoon (by appointment) to let me know I needed to buy soft drinks for my children. They said it would help me fit in with the congregation.

Nina

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

wearing a beige - and not white- coloured t-shirt whilst baptising

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I was counseled twice because my wife took her shoes off in the meeting. I thought the elder was a berk and so was his name. I never told my wife and she continued to kick her shoes off during the meetings.

3rd

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

deeskis - that is so cute... I loved your story...he he he... lucky your little boy didn't twiddle with your nipples during the meeting! Oh boy!!! HAHA

maybe you awakened some primeordeal memory in that guy that was to hard to handle!

maybe you are right! you could have worked out this guys problem... hmmm no I think he was just a problem in himself on further consideration!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Every thing all the time.
    Not singing loud enough (despite being tone deaf with the worst voice)
    Always answering towards the end of the Watchtower study rather than at the beginning.
    At bethel i was constantly called before the bethel elders for going to bed too late

• alamb
    alamb

My brother was counselled and "marked" for 8 years for filling a sister's cup with coffee during coffee break at a small town cafe' where it is commonplace to fill your own cup. She was recovering from surgery and he was being polite. OBVIOUSLY they were having an affair although he was 18 and she was 53 and married. When he was called before the committee, he was told to "figure it out" regarding the reason for the counsel. It took 8 years for the "offense" to be defined.

sick. sick. sick.

p.s. He's still a JW. He turns down being recommended by the CO for a position in the congregation every 6 months...for 10 years now! A little apostate blood must be in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit