Whats the dumbest reason youve been counseled?

by avishai 155 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Wolfgirl, You are my hero!!! I was always getting counseled about my clothes and I was so timid... wish I'd been bold, like you were!

~Witch

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Having large gatherings!

• rem
    rem

I was counseled on my first public talk because I emphasized certain parts to made a point and it wasn't 'balanced' enough. lol

Also, my audience contact was 'great' but I had manuscript style notes. For some reason that was a bad thing - the type of notes you have are more important than your audience contact.

rem

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Hair over my ears.

• Robotnomore
    Robotnomore

Elvis style sideburns and hair to long.

• email
    email

Once I was told by an elder of my congregation that "the society does not recommend the use of Palm Pilots to put your talks in there"...

I asked him for the article where he read that... I never heard back from him...

Unbelievable...

Edited by - email on 6 January 2003 13:54:57

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

When my son was a teenager, he and his friends made "crop circles" . . . .

I'm so proud of my boy!

ESTEE

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I got counseled for EVERYTHING

* Hair too short (wasn't feminine enough for service)

*driving too fast in the parking lot

*taking my English Witness friends to visit Las Vegas when they were out here

* patting my fiancee's butt at a family gathering

* Wearing a "vintage 50's style" I was trying to draw attention to myself apparently

* getting a ride to college from a single brother when my car broke down on the way there.

* being the only girl in the dark on the beach with 5 of my male witness friends during a congregation picnic.

* Bringing a King James bible to the meetings

* Researching with books that weren't provided by the society

* Spending too much time at the gym

........... the list goes on and on

• caligirl
    caligirl

Wearing long dangly earings

• wasasister
    wasasister

Once got a "special needs talk" after the bookstudy by the conductor because a friend dropped off a copy of MS Excel for me to use until Microsoft sent me replacement disks. He went on for 15 mins to the entire group about "terms of use" for software. I had a long job to do at home (even though I took time out to come to the stinkin' Book Study which meant I'd be up all night), so I needed the program immediately.

He never bothered to find out why I was borrowing a copy of the program. I left as soon as "amen" was spoken and never talked to him again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit