Whats the dumbest reason youve been counseled?

by avishai 155 Replies latest jw experiences

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

yes, and crow was a bit of a loose cannon.

definetly behavior not befitting of a christian.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I was counseled for not shaving 2 days worth of hair before operating the sound board for a meeting. The elder asked me if any other elders had talked to me about it yet. I said “no” and he said “ well if they do, you can tell them you were already talked to about it” I gave him a sarcastic thumbs up and said "OK". He looked kinda pissed that I did that. I think that was one of the last times I operated the sound system.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

For working with my family too much in the Field Service

For not working enough with my family in the Field Service

For using the term "immorality" in a talk to describe immoral conduct that wasn't of a sexual nature.

For having a wife that didn't spend enough time in the ministry.

For not spending enough time with my depressed wife.

For spending too much time trying to help my depressed wife and not with the congregation.

For working too much.

For asking to resign some theocratic responsibilities so I could care for my family needs.

For being materialistic.

For wearing clothes that were worn out and threadbare.

For working with a single sister in the ministry even though the entire bookstudy was on the same block.

For not working with everyone in my book study group.

For not spending enough time in the shepherding work.

For having a cracked windshield on my car. (A rock hit it. It took a couple of weeks to get it fixed. Stuff happens).

For having a two-door car that wasn't "Service Oriented" (Never mind I also had a SUV that was the main family car. The two-door coupe was our second car).

For watching and liking Star Trek.

For allowing our child to be involved in extra-curricular activities at public school.

For home-schooling our child. We did this so they wouldn't be tempted to get involved extra-curricular activities but some felt that by being home-schooled they wouldn't learn how to take a stand for themselves.

For having side-burns.

For cutting my side-burns.

For not including a questionable doctrinal point in a Service Meeting point that, not coincidentally, was later changed.

For disagreeing with a fellow elder about whether it was OK to accept Blood Fractions even though the WT article that we had just studied moments before clearly said it was a conscience matter.

For being too relaxed in my meeting parts.

For being too cold and impersonal in my meeting parts, not myself.

For using "big-words" in my meeting parts.

For "holding back" in my meeting parts.

For being uptight and unapproachable.

For exercising too much. (I was trying to find healthy ways to de-stress. Imagine that!)

For not being myself ... actually this was the only reason that wasn't stupid. When I had enough and decided to be myself they kicked me out.

I like myself now, never really did before. Gee, I wonder why?

• mouthy
    mouthy

I went to clean the Hall on a Sat morning with slacks that had embroidery up the sides
    I was counseled about that The Brother? said it looked to worldly!!!!

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

oodad-using the term immorality for things not of a sexual nature...thats histerical!! i love that one. im cracking up right now picuring someeone doing that in a talk repeatedly. genius!

mouthy-embroydery?seriously? i thought it was just logos and words that werent allowed. wow. i hope youre embroydering the hell out of all your clothes now!!! :D

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Writing a letter to the local Elders showing that requiring a certain number of hours in field service as a mark of maturity, and then using that supposed basis for recomendations and apppointments is unscriptural. Also for stating that the Holy Spirit cannot be involved in the appointment process if you are going beyond what is written in step 1. Further stating that James 1:26,27 is discussing worship, and this is not being done within the organization as it should be. Saying a brother can't be recommended because he doesn't get enough time, but brother nephew, brother-in-law, son-in-law, or son can be appointed and STAY appointed despite behavior, immaturity, low hours and extenuating circumstances makes a double standard. Saying the GB is fallible and using the WT literature to prove it. Saying I trust men on a conditional basis, provided they do not go beyond what is written. Questioning current doctrine. Questioning organizational procedures. Saying that I will confront them if my child is harmed by their sub-standard child protection policies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit