Whats the dumbest reason youve been counseled?

by avishai 155 Replies latest jw experiences

• perfect1
    perfect1

foreplay is not allowed, Grumble.

• designs
    designs

Moustache

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

woooow hoo I waz neva counselled in the jdubs

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I was counseled for my hairstyle. Elder Dumbass said: "You should imitate the elders with your hairstyle."

I asked him if he wanted me to get a Reverse Mohawk. I am not bald.

He shut his piehole.

zed

• Giordano
    Giordano

Apparently appearence rates highly among the Elders. How would those elders fare if they were traveling about with Jesus? Long hair, beards, dirt under their finger nails. Bad teeth perhaps even missing teeth. Bad Breath? No left handed shakes (no toilet paper). Etc.

It's astounding how trival they are today, now they cling to a JW 'norm' and how hard they work to diminish the R and F.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Yes we know you ARE John the Baptist, but, eating the locusts is stumbling some.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

I was counseled by the Presiding Overseer (COBE) to pay attention to my prayers for the congregation,

" you say 'Jehovah' too often and you call him 'Father' too often. Jehovah knows his name and he knows His job, there is no need to remind him of that when praying for the congregation"

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

For the clothes worn out side of meetings (these were the 90: baggy skater pants, vintage ironic tops, plastic bead necklaces, bracelets)

For seeing the movie The Crow

I skillfully dodged being counseld for seeing The Cure in concert

Fooling around with a sister I was dating. Elder's daughter. Her dad broke us up forbid us to speak (we were in the same congregation). Funny thing Romeo&Juliet was our movie at the time. Well sister Juliet obeyed her dad shunned me. Got engaged to another brother within a year and got married shortly after. I a way I am very glad I dodged the bullet of getting married at 21 :S

For the music I listened to (The Cure, Depeche Mode, Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins were mentioned from the platform at a "circus" convention), I also had a rap phase before it even bleeped on WT's radar

For watching mtv while on vacation in florida

For smoking weed

For wearing combat boots in field service (it was muddy in a rural area, did not want to ruin my nicer boots)

For arranging youth car groups for field service. "You always need a mature brother or sister onboard"

For spending more time talking with sisters than brothers at meetings (these dudes were dorks and those girls were hot... what could I do???!)

I obviously got counseled after getting caught sneeking out of my house at night to go party as a teen

And yet I was trying sooooo hard

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

i was once councelled for watching mystery science theater 3000. " the robots show an arrogant, sarcastic, & disrespectful attitude toward the actors".

• james_woods
    james_woods
    i was once councelled for watching mystery science theater 3000. " the robots show an arrogant, sarcastic, & disrespectful attitude toward the actors".

Tom Servo was a very bad robot, indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit