Financial Help.

by Yizuman 150 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

You can go to Catholic Charitys and they can give you a pass to your local food pantry.

If they don't have them your Township Office should have the vouchers for the food pantry.

Salvation Army is another good place to go...they may even have another part time job for you...as they employ many people in a neighboring city.

Since it is The Holiday season you Citys Township Office may even have an X-mas basket for you later this month....but they have to know about you

I'm a single Mom so I know what it's like to struggle but, some how we all make it through these tuff spots

I'll try the Catholic places.

Been to the Township office, got food from them before. Community action is helping with me with my gas fuel thing.

Didn't know much about how much help Salvation Army could do.

What I hope is that I can find a way to raise $179.80 for my morgage so I don't end up being evicted before the 13th, they will repocess(s?) my home.

I have no credit, so apartments around here will do a credit check and when they see I have no credit of any sorts, I won't be able to get an apartment. Once if I get evicted from my home, there's no way I can find a new place within 3 days.

Already gave what I had to some for rent and electric. Need to find a way to keep my phone from being disconnected since it's very important to keep my phone line open for emails to come in if any new job offers come in from all those applications I've put out. Plus as you know I can't hear the phone.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Yizuman,

I'm glad your going to Catholic charitys...they have other programs too.

I wouldn't know the #...but you have to e-mail anyway....See what Churches are participating in "The Habitat For Humanity" Program......They may be able to help you keep you home. I am not sure.

Jimmy Carter's offical web site has info I think on it...other wise do a search for "Habitat For Humanity"

And even though to many it seems futile.....pray ....pray to your maker...and he seems to help...

My children and I have been given strength to make it through everything .

I'll be praying for you Yiz...Let me know how things turn out

agape,

bye bye 4 now

Utopian_Raindrops

• Buster
    Buster

Folks, I need to agree with Skeptic. I read the other threads started by this person's primary ID. There are two others from today and they have a completely different tone - and no hint of the trouble that seems to have suddenly burst onto Yiz' scene.

I don't believe a word and hope that the well-intended can find more worthy targets of their care.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    By the way, I do have a job. The pay isn't what I hope for and I am currently looking for a better job since you deem me to think I am not working as I have mentioned above. "Get a job" kind of response from you hurts.

What I meant was ask friends for a job. I am well aware of what you claim your job situation is.

What I hope is that I can find a way to raise $179.80 for my morgage so I don't end up being evicted before the 13th, they will repocess(s?) my home.

Gee, how did I know it would be a modest amount? Not the word morgage, which I assume means mortgage. I will be commenting on it later. BTW, most banks don't repossess on one missed payment. And $179 is a damned low for one mortgage payment, let alone several.

If your bank is that cruel, go to the press. This is a great human interest story on how the Big Bad Bank is making homeless a Poor Handicapped Person. I guarantee the press will love the story, and the bank will back off due to bad publicity. Oh, and as a side benefit.....more people will send you cash!!!

I have no credit, so apartments around here will do a credit check and when they see I have no credit of any sorts, I won't be able to get an apartment. Once if I get evicted from my home, there's no way I can find a new place within 3 days.

I found my apartment in one day. It was find a home today, or go to a shelter time for me and my son. Take a newspaper and circle the apartments that are in your affordable range. Call them up and ask if they can make an immediate decision upon meeting you. Most homeowners can. Visit those who can, and if they approve you on the spot, sign the papers.

Need to find a way to keep my phone from being disconnected since it's very important to keep my phone line open for emails to come in if any new job offers come in from all those applications I've put out. Plus as you know I can't hear the phone.

This one smells like a scam. I know a few deaf people. Their doorbells and phones are tied to big flashing lights. Why would you need to hear the phone when you can "see" it ring?

Next with the scam you are supposed to tell us about how your child will freeze in the snow and how you are going to commit suicide if you don't get a little money soon.

If you are for real, which I seriously doubt, losing your home might be tragic, welfare will not leave you on the street. And welfare will appreciate that you are working....they will supplement your income.

I have lost a home, and just a year ago I was almost on the streets. I was left stranded in Canada with only my son and the clothes we wore. We survived.....and that is why I believe you are pulling a scam. There are provisions for handling this, yet you have a desperate need for people on the Net to send you money.

As far as proof goes, I know how to fake out a false home and landlord. My brother in law used to do that on a regular basis.

Richard

Edited by - Skeptic on 7 December 2002 2:54:24

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Thanks, Buster....I was going to check his posts as well. You saved me the effort.

I have seen this type of scam before. Just a month or two ago, a lady from Indonesia wanted me to send her $100 or she was going to kill herself because she could not finish University without it.

Richard

Edited by - Skeptic on 7 December 2002 2:53:7

• Prisca
    Prisca

I agree with Skeptic regarding phones with lights that flash when it rings. There are many amazing innovations available for people who are pysically challenged these days.

Sell your computer if you really need the money. You can survive quite well without one. Millions of deaf people have in decades and centuries past, you will too.

I'm sorry if you really are in financial straights, but you have to understand that it's easy for anyone to fake financial troubles, and try to scam kind-hearted people.

I'm surprised you haven't gone to the Salvation Army or any other charitable organisations yet. Why haven't you?

• hippikon
    hippikon

You said "Oh so I am not only stupid, but I am deaf and stupid. Is that accessment correct? "

My my What a big chip you have on your shoulder - I didn't say anything about being deaf

I'll make a deal with you - I wont call you deaf if you dont call me a dyslexic - Is that fair

When did you start posting 2nd Dec - Didn't take you long to put the squeeze on now did it?

• rebel
    rebel

When I was really strapped for cash (3 kids to feed, no money etc, lost big work contract) I typed up some flyers and went round to all the big houses offering to do house cleaning for them. I am qualified in my profession (won't say what it is in case sneaky elder reading and knows me - see other post) but I am not too proud to do a bit of cleaning if I need dosh. There is always work out there if you are fit - I know you are deaf but you are physically fit which is what matters.

Hope you find a way out of this

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Folks, I need to agree with Skeptic. I read the other threads started by this person's primary ID. There are two others from today and they have a completely different tone - and no hint of the trouble that seems to have suddenly burst onto Yiz' scene.

Ok, since I am a liar, call the directory at Metro Bank at this address 225 North Nineth Street, Noblesville, IN 46060 and ask for Syd Loomis. My name is Neal R. Scott, my address is 7424 E. 146th Street, Lot 26, Noblesville, IN 46060.

Metro Bank's phone number is 317-773-4871, you can verify the number through the directory.

You can call any legal authority for a background check. Email me and I'll give you my social security number. [email protected] (remove the nospams)

Come on down and visit me if you like to. I'll give you full access of anything you want. My bank account, anything you want. Everyone is invited to come down and check me out. I'll take you to my loan officer. I'll take you to my sister's house. I'll take you to where I work. You name it, you got it.

I am sorry I don't know about places for help. That's why I posted here asking for advice and suggestions and some kind folks gave them to me. Thank you.

I am sorry that I am posting here asking for helping and be subjected to attacks from people who don't know me as well as I don't know anyone here. I'm embarrassed as it is with my situation. I'm sorry.

Jesika knows me and she posts here and she knows full well of my situation. We're talking via email.

This is my last post on this thread and I won't bother anyone on this subject anymore. I'll do my best and with God's help I hope I can overcome my bad situation and life will go on.

I have 2 accounts registered here because of the posting limits on new threads and from what I understand from reading other threads, there's what? 20 replies limited on any thread? Correct me if I understood this to be wrong.

So how is it my tone from my other threads supposed to be? Is it supposed to be a continuation of negativity? Am I now allowed to try to keep a chin up on things despite of my bad situation? Am I not allow to have any fun and fellowship with fellow posters on this board?

You don't know me and I don't know you. Granted. I am sorry I am deaf. I am sorry that I am opening myself to all about my situation asking for advice, suggestions, etc. and subjecting myself to attacks.

I can't sell my computer because I need it for communication purposes. You are not deaf. I am deaf. I can't talk over the phone. I can't hear the phone. How am I suppose to find a new job if I don't have a email account for employers to contact me for an interview?

I have spoken about my financial situation on my very first thread if anybody even bothered to look....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=41566&site=3

I am trying hard to get myself out of my bad financial situation and I am sorry it's not working out as all I hoped for.

What else can I say?

Like I said, I am opening myself 100% to anyone that wishes to fully examine me. Go ahead, please, you are most welcome to examine me as much as you like.

Despite of the flames and negativity I have receive from some posters doubting me, I'm not gonna let this get me down. As the kind Jesika had suggested to me a few days ago, I'm gonna try and keep my chin up as the best I can and I will continue to have fun having fellowship with this board.

So I am gonna have fun and keep my chin up and try my darnest to get myself out of my financial situation and pray hard since I still believe in God (despite of seeing some threads that have given up on God altogether) and will pray hard as much as I can.

Like I said, this is the last post on this thread and I'm not gonna come back to it nor do I wanna look at it, so flame on all you want, I'm not gonna read them anymore.

See you on some other threads and let's have fun.

Edited by - Yizuman on 7 December 2002 7:29:50

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

YiZ the Salvation Army has the biggest heart in the world, they will help any one no matter what. They are a fantastic order. Go and see them explain your plight and I know that they will help. They also have a food bank and they will give you a voucher for clothing or furniture practically for anything you need so long as you are honest with them about your situation. You will need ID and information about your illness and your rent and etc as they have social workers. Good Luck!!

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit