Financial Help.

by Yizuman 150 Replies latest jw friends

• Lin
    Lin

Some of you posted what was running through my mind while reading through all of this. Someone joins the forum and a very short time later starts requesting financial help? Sounds extremely fishy to me. Yizuman, you mentioned my niece Jesika, as far as "knowing" you. How well do you really think any of us can really *know* someone through a web site? Anyone, including me, could work up a real sad story that could bring the reader to tears and cause people to *hear* violins playing in the background. It's impossible to really *know* someone through a web site, so do be careful when you bring up my niece. You may have told her what you'd like her to know or believe, but it doesn't make it true. I find this sort of thing to be pathetic. What your true circumstances are I don't know, but I wouldn't dream of coming on a forum and within days start hitting people up for money. Actually, I'd NEVER do that, regardless of how bad my situation was. I certainly wouldn't be sitting at a computer making chit-chat with virtual strangers, I'd be pounding the pavement, making phone calls to find out where help is available. Asking people on this site for money? Disgusting!

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

<P>Well, at least there seems there's a couple here like sKally that might help you out...at least not dismissing you outright as a troll or your plight as a scam...a Christian would be cautious but upon reasonable proof of legitimate need, would be generous...</P>
    <P>just my 1 denarius...</P>
    <P> ;</P>
    <P>give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, feed him for life...there were good solid leads given by some in this thread to go on...considering the fact that you already are working part-time albeit "working poor"...</P>
    <P> ;</P>
    <P>It's not like we haven't helped others who we "know" here financially and otherwise...like the Calgary teen's dad whose daughter died from an illness involving the blood issue...and then we never rushed to judgement as to their legitimate need...thank God for the 'net that it is an even greater tool in the hands of the deaf ones...just think of that next time you give advice to "sell their 'puter...." like tell the fisherman to go sell his net and boat!?!</P>
    <P> ;</P>

• sf
    sf

Time WILL tell what MAY come of this.

If I may, I'd like to suggest that if you have quams about a new poster, simply type that (user name) into the engine FIRST...before replying at all. Observe what search hits you receive and many times a 'troll' is spotted 'on site'! It will also save yourSELF from kicking yourSELF in the butt for not trusting your instincts to begin with. [I am NOT suggesting 'yizuman' is indeed such]

The internet is a fab tool! Happy Trails!!

sKally, Totally Focused Klass

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Yizuman,

I'm curious as to why you did not link your informative site for the others whom are deaf, as you are:

http://home.earthlink.net/~yizuman/

I see that you, uh, yahoo too.

Perhaps a chat sometime soon, yes?

It appears too, that you've been in 'this' dilema for sometime, with no 'relief' in sight. Perhaps that will change soon, for the better.

I hardly have time for my site anymore since I am too busy trying to stay afloat. I am constantly out looking for a PT or FULL time job whatever I can find. Anything helps. I went thru 2 stacks of papers printing out my resume and dropping them off at just about every place I can find that I think is suitable for a deaf person like myself to work in. I can't do any kind of phone office type work. But I could do something like Data Entry jobs that doesn't require me to use the phone.

I can't drive much at night since I have night blindness. If I drive home from work at night, I stick to roads that I know well and stay away from roads that I don't know for fear I could have an accident. Wish I could drive at night, spend more time job hunting as well, unfortunantly, that's not happening.

What's wrong with Yahoo? I have a yahoo email account, yes. it's a good account to help keep spam off my main account. So if I am leery about some site that I email to for some information for fear it could generate spam, I'll use yahoo instead of my main account.

Sure, I'll try and catch you at the chat room.

Edited by - Yizuman on 7 December 2002 19:7:7

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I am making a public apology to Simon for the things I've said on the other boards. No explaination is neccessary since what's done is done. What's neccessary for me to say is that I am sorry for the things I've said about Simon.

I owe him the apology that he deserves and he has it from me now.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

It is not up to me to decide if you are a liar or not I guess, but I have a hard time swallowing your story.

There have been times throughout the year where I have been so freakin' broke my friends were forcing me to take food. Also along with Simon's comments, WalMart cutting your hours around Christmas sounds bogus also. Get a second job. I did, and have been workign 2 jobs the majority of the year. The ADA act prevents employers from not hiring you on the basis of being deaf.

Also, they can't evict you in 3 days, by law you have 30 days minimum. If you are deaf, you qualify for Social Security Disablity, among other benefits. There are many programs you could go to that would provide you with assistance in your housing needs. There is no way a REAL disabled American would go homeless if they were clean, sober and off drugs. Salvation Army is a fien example of a shelter.

I have zero pity for beggars - ZERO. I don't care if you are disabled or not. Poor folk are poor folk, so do something about it. Do you think I like working 6 if not 7 days a week? No, but I do. So go get a second job. You got yourself into this bind, get yourself out of it or ask not-for-profit agencies or Welfare to help you, but stop resorting to begging tactics over the internet.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Yiz,

I hope everything works for you. If you want to get really fancy, you can register for the local city college and apply for Financial Aid. Since you have a disability they can give you more $$$$$$$. If that fails, go for welfare. If worse comes to worse, stand on the street with a sign. People do it around here and make some money.

Good luck and God Bless.

crazy

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Come on now, you have got to try harder than that. Just to be fair, I did go back and reread your posts on your first thread. Nope, nary a hint of financial troubles - just like all the others.

Ok lets' go back to the post I first made shall we?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=41566&site=3

On the 19th post from the top, read paragraph 23, 24 and 26 near the bottom of my post... I'll be happy to copy and paste it here...

My hours and pay isn't as good as it was at my previous employment. This is making me even more depressed because I am behind on rent on the moble home lot while I own a moble home and I behind on morgage payments. I have medical bills as well as utility bills I need to catch up on as well. Everyone including me have our hours cut and I am working 20+ hrs a week. This is not good because it's making it hard to stay on top of everything in order to live. I am on depression medication that is very expensive for me to take. I am afraid I will lose my home and I have no where else to live. I am even running out of food and don't know where my next meal is going to come from.

Right now, I am feeling suicidal again and I am fighting my depression as hard as I can and I am constantly praying to God everyday for help. I am trying to find a better job, even looking for a part time job. Being deaf doesn't make my job hunt any easier either. It takes me longer to find a job being deaf than a hearing person would find a job. I have a deaf friend who is also looking for a better job and he went throught 20 job interviews in one month and none of them ever called him back to say he got a job.
    Anyway, please pray for me finacially as well as getting a better job. I'm going to try and find food banks tomorrow and see if I can get any food. Wish me luck.
    How is your tone supposed to be, you ask? I can tell you right now, that if I was on the verge of being tossed into the street, good sense of hearing or not, I would not have had time to be posting friendly little notes on the internet. Anything I did would be firmly centered around attacking the problem: earning money, talking with creditors, soliciting social services ... that stuff.

That's what I am doing and so far, nothing. No calls to my sister whom I have put her number down to have employers call her so then she can fire me an email to let me know they called. No emails from the employers nonewhatsoever. I'm not talking to creditors as you are suggesting and I should be, but I have been spending too much time doing 2 things.

1) If I have the money to spend gas on my car, I will go out and hit as many places I can find that I think works well around my deafness. I much rather get out of the retail business altogether, I've been in it for like 20 years of my life, coming close to it. But in between I have worked in warehouses and factories before. The last factory I worked at was a plastic molding job, I didn't fare well there since I didn't meet their criteria(s?) ( is that the right word usage or is it "quota"? I'm trying to mean meeting the number of items per box per hour, inspecting each item to make sure they meet the specifications) as expected of me and they let me go. *shrug* I tried.

2) Surf job banks online and put up my resume. My best friend's wife got a job that way. He even helped me better my resume as well.

Guess I'll take a time out from a job hunt and look for a good creditor to talk to. But in the meantime, the deadline is the 13th, so hopefully you understand that I am panicking(s?) and am desperate to get myself out of a jam.

You have to understand that it's harder to land a job being deaf than an average person could find a job. I am aware some hearing folks could be facing the exact same problem and could be out of a job for many months before landing a job. I don't mean any disrespect to the hearing people in general, but if you were in my shoes and lived my life, you'd understand my situation. But the problem is you're not deaf, so I can understand how hard it can be to get a firm grasp in my situation. I can try and explain, but I don't know if you can understand it fully. It's hard to explain my world versus your world. (deaf vs hearing).

If you want me to explain a little more, I can try. Forgive me that my english (especially grammer) sucks and I don't always convey my thoughts into english very well. Often times I say one thing and the other end gets the idea all wrong. That frustrates me alot. Of course I am guilty of run on sentences. I really really suck at that.

English is my secondary language. Sign language is my first language. Actually, I take that back. Lip reading is my first language since I started out learning that at the Speech and Hearing Center in Bloomington at age 5. I lost my hearing at age 3, so I knew very little with words. I have forgotten most of it later in years.

My mother said last I learned before I stopped learning more words was she counted 38 words. It's less than that now, I know how to say hello, goodbye, just the basic stuff, but that's about it. Mom told me I never learned to make a complete sentence structure verbally.If my shoelace was untied, I'd just say "shoe mom" and point at my shoe, instead of "please tie my shoe, mom" and I still remember how to say shoe.

Fortunanly in writing terms, I can learn how to write and comprehend words and I am still learning as I go on forums like this. Idioms is what I have the most trouble with. I still don't know what "kettle calling pot black" means. I'm too lazy to ask. What in the world does that mean and where did that come from? *shrug*

Ok enuff of my blabbing, another fault of my own. I don't know when to shut up. LOL

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    It is not up to me to decide if you are a liar or not I guess, but I have a hard time swallowing your story.

May I ask what I can do for you to help you better understand my situation then? Please tell me how and I will do my best.

There have been times throughout the year where I have been so freakin' broke my friends were forcing me to take food. Also along with Simon's comments, WalMart cutting your hours around Christmas sounds bogus also. Get a second job. I did, and have been workign 2 jobs the majority of the year. The ADA act prevents employers from not hiring you on the basis of being deaf.

That's where the problem lies, you see, they don't have to hire me. Nobody is forcing them to hire me because I am deaf and there is no law that states they MUST hire me regardless of my disability. There is a way around ADA. It's real simple, just ignore my application and don't bother call me. It's that simple. If they don't wanna hire me, they won't.

My hours got cut BEFORE Christmas time and it has been that way for almost 3 months. My fault for not being clear on that. I apologize that I was not being clear at all. My invitation to take a good look at my situation still stands and anyone and everyone is welcome to take a good look at my situation. Anyone is welcome to dig as deep as anyone wants.

Also, they can't evict you in 3 days, by law you have 30 days minimum. If you are deaf, you qualify for Social Security Disablity, among other benefits. There are many programs you could go to that would provide you with assistance in your housing needs. There is no way a REAL disabled American would go homeless if they were clean, sober and off drugs. Salvation Army is a fien example of a shelter.

Half of the people I have spoken to outside of the internet have told me 2 things, banks have the power to have me thrown out in 3 days and the law backs them up. They can have the court and the police come and remove me.

The other half is what you said. So with 2 pieces of information, I don't know what is really true and I don't know anything about the Indiana law in regards to this kind of situation. So I am illiterate in that area. So forgive me if I am confused, but my feelings of panic in this situation regardless of which side is accurate is the same.

I have zero pity for beggars - ZERO. I don't care if you are disabled or not. Poor folk are poor folk, so do something about it. Do you think I like working 6 if not 7 days a week? No, but I do. So go get a second job. You got yourself into this bind, get yourself out of it or ask not-for-profit agencies or Welfare to help you, but stop resorting to begging tactics over the internet.

I do respect your feelings on this matter. To say getting a second job is easier said than done. In fact I've been looking for a better full time job than Wal-Mart since January of this year. So I am looking for any kind of position, full or part time or both.

My next post is going to be a retraction of this post. Jesika has advised me via email to make a retraction and I am going to take her advice.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Before I make my retraction, I want to get to Lin first and I won't make a long post on this matter...

Some of you posted what was running through my mind while reading through all of this. Someone joins the forum and a very short time later starts requesting financial help? Sounds extremely fishy to me. Yizuman, you mentioned my niece Jesika, as far as "knowing" you. How well do you really think any of us can really *know* someone through a web site? Anyone, including me, could work up a real sad story that could bring the reader to tears and cause people to *hear* violins playing in the background. It's impossible to really *know* someone through a web site, so do be careful when you bring up my niece. You may have told her what you'd like her to know or believe, but it doesn't make it true. I find this sort of thing to be pathetic. What your true circumstances are I don't know, but I wouldn't dream of coming on a forum and within days start hitting people up for money. Actually, I'd NEVER do that, regardless of how bad my situation was. I certainly wouldn't be sitting at a computer making chit-chat with virtual strangers, I'd be pounding the pavement, making phone calls to find out where help is available. Asking people on this site for money? Disgusting!

Jesika said the same thing to me, but not in stronger words as yours. In fact she understands my situation and why I panicked like the way I have. As far as knowing Jesika, well, ask Jesika. I think she understands what I meant better than you do.

Like I said before, I am open to everyone for inspection as much as you want and dig as deep as you want. If you want to get to know me better in order to understand me better, I am open for it.

Ok, next post is my retraction....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit