GB disassociates itself!!

by lulu 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Undisfellowshipped,

The JW's have condemned the Catholics for being NGO's.

That's a reckless statement for you to have made. It's not that simplistic and shallow, as it goes much deeper than that. The Catholic Church is not only a "member" but an active supporter of the United Nations (which is really nothing new, because the Catholics have always held hands with the political element of the world).

• emancipated
    emancipated

Yadirf,

why dont you respond to Jack2 comments? Are you unable to respond intelligently? Calling him a liar says nothing to refute his points. It only demonstrates your unability to respond.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Emancipated,

Yardif's inability to respond is derived from his blind denial. Note he did not respond to my questions on REGI US ownership and its bussiness with the US Navy. He has an elephant in his living room and has chosen to ignore it.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Yadirf likes to ignore and avoid me too.

He makes a habit of that when he is exposed for being a liar.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Yadirf, I have a Watchtower Quote I am going to post here soon which shows that the Watchtower said that the Catholic Church (and several other Churches) were ASSOCIATED with the Scarlet Beast BECAUSE THEY WERE NGO's.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here is the Quote Yadirf:

The Watchtower, June 1st 1991 Issue, Pages 15-20:

10. However, she [Christendom] has not done so. Instead, in her quest for peace and security, she insinuates herself into the favor of the political leaders of the nations-this despite the Bible's warning that friendship with the world is enmity with God. (James 4:4) Moreover, in 1919 she strongly advocated the League of Nations as man's best hope for peace. Since 1945 she has put her hope in the United Nations. (Compare Revelation 17:3, 11.) How extensive is her involvement with this organization?

11. A recent book gives an idea when it states: "No less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is very interesting to find out what the COMPLETE QUOTE from that Book says:

The *COMPLETE* Quote reads as follows. The portion quoted in the Watchtower Article above is highlighted in blue; note the portion which was NOT INCLUDED in the Watchtower Article (which is here highlighted in red):

PRAYER AND MEDITATION AT THE UNITED NATIONS by Robert Muller

All major world religions are accredited to the United Nations as non-governmental organizations. For example,
    no less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, can you explain WHY the Watchtower left out the part of the Quote that talked about NGO's?

Hmmm, could it be that it was because 1991 was the year that the Watchtower APPLIED TO BECOME AN NGO?

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 26 November 2002 17:1:36

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

yadirF

If becoming a member is not what is important, but the personal acts that follow that determines ones neutrality, why did so many brothers and sisters die in Malawie because the WTS would not allow them join a single party system?

Should they not been allowed to buy join the membership and then do nothing to support it when that time came when called to show that support by some action?

Using your logic with the WT membership with the UN, it would apear that the WTS has quite a bit of BLOOD on her hands.

B.D.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yardif will not answer questions like that Belzedub. He picks and chooses which questions he can try to answer.

• jack2
    jack2

Yardif,

Perhaps another analogy that could be useful would be that of registering to vote. In the USA, voter registration is not something that jws would do. Even though a person can register and then simply not vote, jws do not register. Why not? Because they understand even registration as support of the political system.

So a voter could easily say, "I am registered, but I do not get involved in politics". But jws take this one step further and do not even register, for the reason I stated above.

So you are a union member, voluntarily, and yet you don't involve yourself with the union. Fine. But I still do not see the correlation to what the WTS had done with regard to joining the UN as an NGO.

Also, even though you say you don't get involved with the union, surely you do not stand in opposition to the charter of that union or its purpose for existing. In contrast, the WTS became an NGO of an organization which it has roundly condemned time and again as a 'scarlet colored wild beast'.

Something else that comes to mind: what if the brothers and sisters who lived in Malawi in the 1970s, who were persecuted for not carrying a 25 cent political party card, were to learn that their organization had become an member of the UN as an NGO? Carrying that card, they were told, made them part of the political system and a supporter of it. And yet, it can be argued that a person carrying such a card, could, in theory, simply say "well, I carry the card, but I don't involve myself in the politics of Malawi". Well, as we all know, such an argument would never have been approved for use by jws in Malawi.

As far as your calling me a liar and/or a hypocrite, I'll have to think about whether I would even dignify such a statement with a comment. You can see my last post on this thread for how I feel about such words and what they imply.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

UnDisfellowshipped,

You ignored all that I had said to you. In reply to your having stated

"The JW's have condemned the Catholics for being NGO's." I said the following:

It's not that simplistic and shallow, as it goes much deeper than that. The Catholic Church is not only a "member" but an active supporter of the United Nations (which is really nothing new, because the Catholics have always held hands with the political element of the world).

Now with regards to what you did post: So you have a WT reference wherein the extent of the Catholics involvement as NGOs with the UN was called attention to. The thing that youre refusing to acknowledge though is that, unlike the WTS, the organizations of Christendom go far further than simply being listed as "members" with the United Nations. Those organizations get heavily involved in worldly matters. For example, it's no secret that the Churches of Christ supply Chaplains to the armed services of the United States.

True, at one time the WTS was listed right along with the Catholics as an NGO with the United Nations but the all-important difference lay in the purpose behind becoming a member in the first place. With Christendom its to make the world better by means of mans political machine. With the WTS its to establish a base in every country so that the good news of Christs Kingdom (the only true hope for mankind) can become the possession of every honest-hearted person that longs for a permanent solution to the worlds terrible problems.

So, no it wasnt a case of the pot calling the kettle black in the reference you cite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit