GB disassociates itself!!

by lulu 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Kaytee,

If the UN involvement was nothing bad, why was it kept so secret, not even the elders knew about it and why did they come out of the UN within a couple of days of being exposed by the Guardian newspaper ???

There are no doubt a lot of things that go on at the top level that is no concern of the elders, and this was undoubtedly one of those things. And "why did they come out" at the particular time that they did, you ask? Likely because the benefits for originally becoming a "member" had already been realized anyway.

What is your answer to the many false prophecies that have come from the Organisation, the most important one being 1914. a pivotal year for the Org. is this some sort of strategic plan that we are not aware of?

No, there has never been any "strategic plan" with regards to the 1914 doctrine. What you have witnessed is a people whose hearts really do yearn for God's Kingdom to come, even to the extent that they have seen things written in the Bible that really isn't there. Is that really so bad? Although, personally, I'm all for being 100% accurate, I don't think that Jesus would condemn such an attitude.

• New Eyes
    New Eyes

ballistic

"It also doesn't explian why their letter about the UN membership said that they were greatful this had been brought to their attention."

It would seem, the governing body is clamming to have had no knowledge of the UN involvement. Without proof to the contrary how can they be held accountable for there underlings obvious abuse of there policy?

Is "we didn't know" an adequate excuse or is it irrelevant?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Ballistic,

Yardif, using your logic, witnesses could do things like join their own families at Christmas to show just how loving they are.

No, that's not a true comparison. Were a Witness to accompany their non-JW family at Christmas it would mean for them to become involved in the holiday as well. The WTS didn't become "involved" with the UN, not in any shape, form, or fashion. The WTS merely became a "member," remember? To this very day the WTS still sees the United Nations as being the scarlet-colored wild beast. Indeed, nothing has changed.

Edited by - Yadirf on 24 November 2002 1:53:57

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Yadirf your logic is so flawed that it is laughable to read your posts.

You say:

The WTS merely became a "member," remember? To this very day the WTS still sees the United Nations as being the scarlet-colored wild beast.

So the WTS signs up for membership to JOIN the ranks of the very scarlet-colored wild beast that is Satan's instrument on earth. There is no higher level of hypocrisy, yet you crawl around in the mud trying to find a way to defend the indefensible.

you further spew:

No, there has never been any "strategic plan" with regards to the 1914 doctrine.

You are a liar. The Jehovah's Witnesses have taught for decades that Jesus Christ returned in his invisible presence in the year 1914. Many of the chronological explanations provided by the WTS hinge on that very date. Only until too much time passed and that explanation would no longer be logical, then did they change the interpretation of the "generation" doctrine in 1995.. when those born in 1914 would be beyond the age of 80, which constituted special mightiness. Had to chalk it up to New Light.. after all.. wouldn't want the R&F Dubs to actually start to think for themselves. Independent thinking would lead to researching the facts and subsequently exposing the lies the WTS has told over the years, and a loss of membership.

What you have witnessed is a people whose hearts really do yearn for God's Kingdom to come, even to the extent that they have seen things written in the Bible that really isn't there. Is that really so bad? Although, personally, I'm all for being 100% accurate, I don't think that Jesus would condemn such an attitude.

Is it bad? To claim to be the very mouthpiece of God which God controls, directs, and allows the doctrine to be posted in His flagship magazine for communication to people on earth, The Watchtower, and to make prophecies or statements which are not accurate? Jesus would not condemn a false prophet? Jesus would not condemn a group of men who claim to speak for God and make errors and change their minds over and over again... making it look as if God is indecisive?

Again, Yadirf.. you are laughable, as always.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    "Were a Witness to accompany their non-JW family at Christmas it would mean for them to become involved in the holiday as well. The WTS didn't become "involved" with the UN, not in any shape, form, or fashion. The WTS merely became a "member," remember?"

YARDIF, so the end justify the means? All the lying, misleading, and death caused by the WT should be OK then if the membership rises...

Take a look at the UN forms the GB signed, and the COMPROMISES they engaged to:

CRITERIA FOR ASSOCIATION

WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC INFORMATION

1. The NGO must support and respect the principles of the Charter of the United Nations;
    2. The NGO must be of recognized national or international standing;
    3. The NGO should operate solely on a non-for-profit basis and have tax-exempt status;
    4. The NGO must have the commitment and the means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins and pamphlets; organizing conferences, seminars and round tables; or enlisting the attention of the media;
    5. The NGO should have an established record of continuity of work for a minimum of three years and should show promise of sustained activity in the future;
    6. The NGO should have a satisfactory record of collaboration with UN Information Centres/Services or other parts of the UN System prior to association;
    7. The NGO should provide an audited annual financial statement, conducted by a qualified, independent accountant;
    8. The NGO should have statutes/bylaws providing for a transparent process of taking decisions, elections of officers and members of the Board of Directors.

They actually signed this contract and lied to YOU and everyone else about it.

So what about ownership of REGI US? What is your justification to condone profiting from warfare technology? Let me guess... "Yes we sold engines for weapons, but OTHER people used them to kill with. Technically yes, we were owners but we did not really get involved in the war per se, so that makes it allright, especially because Jehovah himself is leading us...so don't question this any further!"

Edited by - Gerard on 24 November 2002 12:56:28

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Gerard,

They actually signed this contract and lied to YOU and everyone else about it.

First of all, you nor anyone else can prove such a thing. Have you got copies? No you don't!

Secondly, even if they did sign such papers it means as little or as much as the signee wishes to make out of it. What really indicates whether or not there was true "support" shown for the United Nations is how that political entity is actually viewed by the WTS, and there is little mystery about that because it is still explained to be part of the Devil's worldly political system.

Let's face it, the WTS got a good stiff uppercut in on ole Satan's system and some of his pawns who post at this forum are more than a little upset. LOL!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yardif, can you not see you are completely wrong. Are you not going to become bitter in your older years when you realise you have been following the wrong path for so long?

At the end of the day, don't you agree the Watchtower made a mistake. A big embarrasing mistake?

• lulu
    lulu

Yadirf:

When the WT joined the U.N.they joined an organization who's objectives are contrary to the bible.

When a person joins a union,they join an organization who's objectives are in line with the bible( Pauls words, equalizing with each other,2Cor:8:14.).Otherwise the employers would have the surplus and the employees the deficiency.

So all you rich ones out there, how about it?. We are coming for you.LOL

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Yadrif,

I was a raised JW. I spent my entire school career not saluting the flag because to do so would indicate an un-neutral support of a government other than God's Kingdom. Got beat up, made fun of, questioned, scrutinized, but I stuck by my guns. I haven't ever saluted. Not once. 180 days a year [i was rarely sick] times thirteen years equals 2340 times I didn't salute the flag. Such a small thing it would seem, but to do so would put me on record as a supporter of America and all of its actions, right or wrong.

Now here I am, trying hard, and what do I find out? The very same religion that put me through that hell to keep me, "no part of the world" has signed a similar "Pledge of Allegiance" to the UN!!! The fact that they routiinely condemned the UN as the scarlet wild beast is a humorous and ironic sidepoint to the main issue. Whether they "meant it" or were using "theocratic strategy" is irrelevant as well, because they what they did do was state in writing their support for the United Nations and its goals.

So, can I use theocratic strategy to sleep with Heidi Klum, if I think it will bring her and her supermodel friends into the truth? It's still adultery, but hey, I'll get a stiff uppercut in on Satan's world, yes? [sorry Simon]

You lurkers out there, THINK! Especially you young ones who stand up to your peers every day in class! You have been betrayed by your leaders! They would disfellowship you for saluting the flag, but they themselves are in love with the UN!

Freedom!

CZAR

• gumby
    gumby

You continue to make entire mountains out of mere mole hills.

I was never who got too excited over this one either.The UN thing.They used a loophole to help themselves as we all do. It was a double set of standards.....but it wasn't one of the better exposiers to me. It was for many however.......some left because of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit