Governing Body Summoned For Jud Hearing

by silentlambs 213 Replies latest jw friends

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

So which one of those positions have you filled Grits?

Anton

• teejay
    teejay
    Viewpoints... are a personal matter. Therefore, they cannot fall into a category of right
    or wrong. There are no "right" or "wrong" feelings, viewpoints, opinions. They merely
    ARE what they ARE for each individual. I stand by my feelings/view/opinion. Dbear is not
    the only one who I felt was offensive, critical, negative, discouraging, lacking foresight,
    etc

Well, lookie here, GRITS! We find common ground after all!

• abbagail
    abbagail

teejay wrote:

Well, lookie here, GRITS! We find common ground after all!

Well, Praise Jah! and pass the peanut butter! (crunchy, please).

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi CoolB: You asked: "So which one of those positions have you filled Grits?"

When you go making gifts of mercy, do not blow a trumpet ahead of you... But you, when making gifts of mercy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your gifts of mercy may be in secret; then your Father who is looking on in secret will repay you. (Matt. 6:2,3,4)

You might have a good idea there, afterall, CB: Ask EVERYONE to list whatever jobs they have taken on, to get the emphasis off of the negativity on what BB does or doesn't do (and/or "how" he does it or doesn't do it) and gear back toward the positive things EVERYONE is doing.

It would also help prevent duplication of effort and/or generate ideas for others who want to be involved but aren't really sure what they could do.

Coincidentally, I'd been thinking the past few days to start a Topic for Help Wanted for even other "little jobs" that are not on the official SL Help Wanted list. I was waiting to hear from someone as to whether I could "advertise" one such "job" that everyone can do in their own locale. Additionally, I have several other ideas/"projects" backed up if you're interested? My email is open...

Grits

Edited by - GRITS on 6 October 2002 21:26:21

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

teejay said:

This "You're either 100% FOR ME or you're against me" mindset, while popularly endorsed by our beloved Prez Bush, is some f**ked up thinking, if you ask me. 'Course, I don't recommend asking me. I'm pretty f**ked up myself.

Yeah, I agree with that.

Notice what Jesus Christ said:

Mark 9:38: John said to Him, "Teacher, we saw someone who doesn't follow us casting out demons in Your Name; and we forbade him, because he doesn't follow us."
    Mark 9:39: But Jesus said, "Don't forbid him, for there is no one who will do a mighty work in My Name, and be able quickly to speak evil of Me.
    Mark 9:40: For whoever is not against us is on our side.
    Mark 9:41: For whoever will give you a cup of water to drink in My Name, because you are Christ's, most assuredly I tell you, he will in no way lose his reward.
    Mark 9:42: Whoever will cause one of these little ones who believe in me to stumble, it would be better for him if he was thrown into the sea with a millstone hung around his neck.

• Farkel
    Farkel

teej,

: This "You're either 100% FOR ME or you're against me" mindset, while popularly endorsed by our beloved Prez Bush, is some f**ked up thinking, if you ask me. 'Course, I don't recommend asking me. I'm pretty f**ked up myself.

Sooner or later I knew it would happen. I just bided my time waiting for that moment, and that moment has arrived! We finally found a COMMON GROUND betwixt oursleves! Praise JAG, er, Jah! You expressed yourself just like I would have done had you not done it first. (I don't want to marry you or anything. I like girls just like you.)

Farkel

• gumby
    gumby

You're either 100% FOR ME or you're against me

Sounds like literary Plegerism from a religious figure I know about.

• Englishman
    Englishman

This whole thing has been bugging me all day, but I think that I have finally figured it out, so please bear with me here. I'm just going to put down a few points, maybe inspiration will help me to tie it all together.

About 2 years ago, there was a massive exposure of paedophile operations in the UK. People were outraged when they realised that they were being released from prison into the community. Calls were made for their whereabouts to be made public as they are in the USA. Marches were organised, and at first, they were well organised and meaningful.

However, because the subject of paedophiles is so emotive, the marches were easily hijacked by an unsavoury element, and within a week they were being led by a criminal fraternity who used them as an excuse for violence against anyone who opposed them. Cars were turned over and houses set on fire. Whilst the marchers caused their mayhem, they chanted "Peodophiles out!" and raided the homes of anyone who took their fancy.

Eventually, the marches were outlawed when they started to raid the offices of PAEDIATRICIANS, these enthusiastic people being unable to tell them apart from paedophiles.

Now, not for one moment am I comparing Silent Lambs marchers to these sort of people, lets be very clear on that fact. The point that I am trying to make though, is that when paedophilia is mentioned common sense seems to disappear out of the window. An either "For us or against us" mentality seems to take over and we now have a situation where established and wise ex's are being asked to justify their activities by newbie ex's who are very pro-active in their support for Silent Lambs. The fact that some of these long-time ex's quietly go about their helping of those hurt by the WT, seems to count for nought in the hysterical atmosphere that appears to be becoming a commonplace occurence.

It strikes me that the attention grabbing stuff has now been done, if we just keep hammering away in the same fashion continually, everyone will just run out of steam and exhaustion will set in. It will all just become a continual rehash of old news.

IMHO, we now need to go the legal route. It needs to be done in a calm and reasoned atmosphere, backed up with facts, times and places. Emotion has played it's part, lets not overdo it.

Englishman.

Edited by - Englishman on 7 October 2002 9:50:49

• ITguy
    ITguy

Hmmm, I can see it now...after the "Committee meeting" the question is raised: "Are you really a JW Elder?"

Answer..."No, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...".

• siegswife
    siegswife

My thoughts on this.

The method that the WTS uses to excommunicate members (such as the victims of child molestation) has no basis in the Scriptures. The governing body have are seated as the arbiters of spiritual justice with no foundation other than the WT corporation. The judicial committee arangement is a sham to begin with, so I don't know why people would be bent out of shape that a disfellowshipped JW is calling on them to come to judicial meeting based on their own baseless system.

To me, this letter makes that same point. If these men were what they claim they are, and are actually appointed by God to empower others to "form committees" for the purpose of investigating alleged "sins", then they should also be subjected to this same judicial arragement (allegedly put in place by God). If they refuse to be subjected to the same judicial standards as other JW's then they are showing themselves to be "in opposition" to an arrangement allegedly put in place by God, and therefore manifesting that they are "apostates". If they are "apostates", then anyone who has been "disfellowshipped" by them has not been disfellowshipped by God.

It's like the old chicken and egg question. If someone is called an apostate by an apostate, is he an apostate?

I'd also like to remind people that Bill Bowen has recently been put through the wringer by these men, and if he seems bitter toward them, I can't say that I blame him. Is Bill supposed to be immune to the same sort of feelings that we've all been through?

Some of us (not all) were trashed by the WTS because of actions we took that may were somewhat questionable, or could actually be considered immoral. That fact doesn't change the hurt and betrayal that we feel toward the borg. How much more would a person feel that way after being disfellowshipped for doing the "right" thing? All Bill did was give a listening ear and a voice to those who have been abused as children by JW's and the WTS' policy regarding their abuse. I don't think I'd be able to go on as strongly as Bill, his wife, the Anderson's and others have been.

If Bill seems a little over the top to some of you (I don't agree with that assessment) I think that perhaps you should put yourselves in his shoes and think about how you would be feeling and acting if you were treated as shabbily as he has been in recent months.

Lea

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit