by silentlambs 213 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

10-4-02

Service Committee

25 Columbia Heights

Brooklyn, NY 11201

Dear Brothers,

On June 6, 2002 you were sent a formal request to establish a judicial hearing in order to hear serious allegations against the Governing Body. The basis for doing so was a letter submitted by JR Brown to Dateline regarding the willingness of the Governing Body to resolve differences following theocratic procedures with the brothers and sisters who appeared on the program. While this request was made in good faith and it is interesting to note immediately you brothers at the direction of the Governing Body mobilized judicial committees to disfellowship those who were bearing witness to the harm WT Policy on child abuse has caused. At my appeal hearing the only proof submitted of charges against me was the letter written to you to request a judicial hearing for the Governing Body. What authorization does a committee have to disfellowship a brother with eye witnesses to wrongdoing committed by another? Why have you chosen to not respond to any letters written addressing these charges? Is this due to weakness or wickedness?

On September 27 I arrived at 25 Columbia Heights and at great expense we arranged for 125 eye witnesses to be there to provide substance to the allegations that the Governing Body is guilty of apostasy, loose conduct, and causing divisions within the organization of Jehovahs Witnesses. Your cowardly response was to ignore your brothers and sisters, lock the front gates and refuse to speak to any of those who came to bear witness. Was this due to weakness or wickedness?

With the current the allegation that Theodore Jaracz is a child molester, this now brings to five the number of Governing Body members who are alleged child molesters. Your inaction to these allegations along with the lack of compassion offered to abuse survivors within the organization have given many brothers and sisters great cause for concern. The lack of one word of apology argues this conclusion further. Is there not one spiritual man left who works at Bethel?

Therefore with the above matters being taken into consideration, it has been requested that I notify you of the following.

1. The Governing Body made up of the following eleven members; John E. Barr, 90, Carey W. Barber 98, Theodore Jaracz, 78, Gerritt Losch, 61, Milton Henschel, 83, Albert Schroeder, 92, Daniel Sydlik, 84, Samuel Herd, David Splane, Steve Lett, Guy Pierce, is summoned to appear at a judicial hearing at the Holiday Inn Express in Draffenville, Kentucky on October 27, 2002 at 2 P.M.

2. It has been alleged that you have been committed apostasy, loose conduct, and causing divisions by eye witnesses who are Jehovahs Witnesses in good standing.

3. The committee authorizes the Governing Body to notify William H. Bowen of your compliance with theocratic order within ten days of the receipt of this letter.

The committee wishes to invite any elder currently serving who would like to assist on this judicial hearing to contact William H. Bowen to confirm your attendance.

This letter makes the fifth attempt in offering counsel to properly address the problem of child protection in the organization. This counsel dates to December of the year 2000 with the actions of the Governing Body authorizing the minimizing of the wrong, ignoring the cry of abuse survivors and disfellowshipping those who try and support them. Once again the question that begs to be answered, is this due to weakness or wickedness? We humbly wait for the judicial committee to make that determination on October 27 th .

May we suggest that the Governing Body sincerely consider their actions to date turn around and manifest works of repentance. Their eternal life is in the balance as the judicial committee endeavors to determine the decision already made in heaven. Beg Jehovah for his spirit to allow the Governing Body to humbly submit to His will, set the example for all brothers and sisters by showing their submission to theocratic arrangement.

Very Truly Yours,

silentlambs

Edited by - silentlambs on 4 October 2002 11:50:57

Edited by - silentlambs on 4 October 2002 11:53:54

• ignored_one
    ignored_one
    With the current the allegation that Theodore Jaracz is a child molester, this now brings to five the number of Governing Body members who are alleged child molesters.

5?

If this is indeed proven (not that i'm personally surprised to hear this) then that would certainly explain why the GB has a rather reluctant stance to chaning policy.

Ignored One.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Bill...you are a genius *applaudes

Lizard

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

If Theodore Jaracz does not want to meet for a Judicial Hearing, then he should at least resign as a member of the Governing Body and be true to his own words "we do not go beyond what is written"

"For an overseer must be free from accusation as God's steward, not self-willed,...." Titus 1:7(nwt)

If there are any christain men at all who sit on the governing body they should force Mr Jarcaz to step down and resign, or come to a Judicial hearing and face his accusers.

• DJ
    DJ

Dear Bill,

Was this actually sent to them? Why? I support Silentlambs but I can't understand the purpose of such a letter. It seems petty and antagonistic to me. Sorry, I don't take this issue lightly and I know that you don't either but what's the point of just pissing them off at you even more? Why bother? This letter could end up in court to prove that you are just a sarcastic wise guy. It somehow seems beneath you.

I know that people may begin to haul rocks at me for saying that. I don't care. I support the lambs but that does not mean that I support everything done by Bill. That letter just seems childish. For the record, I hate the teachings of the watchtower and I am NOT a jw. I just don't see the purpose. IMO, it is important to never, ever, even remotely appear to be stooping to their level. Sorry. Dj

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

DJ,

I concur with your thoughts exactly.

HS

• Farkel
    Farkel

I love it! If you really want to play by their rules using their own Flock book procedures, then remind them that their defense witnesses are not allowed to hear testimony of prosecution witnesses, but prosecution witnesses can stay and comment while their defense witnesses testify!

You gotta love it!

Farkel

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

as irony or satire, it's perfect, but as a serious letter, trying to get the big boys in charge to play by their own rules, is useless. Funny as satire.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Bill may be trying to make the point that the disfellowshippings carried out by the borg are meaningless, and that there is a double standard between the leadership and the rank and file. Obviously, any regular congregation member who had been accused of such things would instantly be hauled before a JC. Why are the leaders above the same brand of justice they enforce upon their followers?

I'm not sure if Bill's method of pointing this out is the best method, but it is a method, and at least he's doing what he perceives to be the best thing. He is certainly likely to get some publicity from it, and that will further make the public aware of the WT's hypocrisy.

By the way, under current practice, if the governing body refuses to come to the JC meeting, wouldn't they be considered to have disassociated themselves?

Edited by - NeonMadman on 4 October 2002 12:49:39

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

EXCELLENT LETTER. Kudos, Bill.

Please keep us informed.

((((((((silentlambs))))))))))

Native

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if those old geezers started dropping dead from the stress!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit