Governing Body Summoned For Jud Hearing

by silentlambs 213 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay
    I feel absolutely gutted that Hilary Step has felt the need to leave here... Hilary
    Step is a monument to the preservation of free expression. HS doesn't want to
    jump on anyone's bandwagon if I read him correctly.

Persons such as HS are rare indeed, IMHO this board is a poorer place without him

@ E-man's comment.

Fyi, E-man, it wasn't anything that happened on the board. If I read him right, Hilary's decision to say "Adios" was prompted by a fairly... uh... "agressive" *ahem* email that Bill sent him. Sad. And totally unnecessary.

This "You're either 100% FOR ME or you're against me" mindset, while popularly endorsed by our beloved Prez Bush, is some f**ked up thinking, if you ask me. 'Course, I don't recommend asking me. I'm pretty f**ked up myself.

• BIBLE BASHER
    BIBLE BASHER

Good point DJ spot on. If we are not carefull we will make BIll Bowen into a saint. He would be better if he stoped playing games and concentrated on helping his poor lambs.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I feel sick about HS leaving. I hope he decides to come back. If posters like him keep leaving, and there are only a few, this place will be ruined and deteriorate to a waste of bandwidth.

Its a sad sad shame.

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

Just my opinion of course, but I think this letter is a bad idea. Some of my JW friends that were lurking on the board, and who were slowly beginning to open their eyes to the truth about the org. have suddenly reverted upon reading this thread. I've had three phone calls already this morning from these folks saying "See we were right all along." Now any credibility that silentlambs has had with ones like this is gone. So sad.

Anton

• abbagail
    abbagail

hillary_step
    Re: Governing Body Summoned For Jud Hearing Oct 5, 2002 14:35
    --snipped--
    As some who know me personally will have noted, I have in recent months been feeling less of a need to involve myself in the life of an XJW and more of a need to move on to more creative projects, so it is to you Farkel, whom I have come to respect greatly that I present my good-byes.

I wish you all my very best in your prospective journeys, thank Simon for being such a gracious host and offer a sincere good luck to Bill.

Kindest regards - HS

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

oncore! oncore!

@ E-man's comment.

Realize that not everyone is a true friend that pats you on the back and agrees with you and tells you what you want to hear. Your best allies may ultimately be those that just tell you the truth. path
    Quote:

Excellent advice for those WILLING to take it.

Edited by - plmkrzy on 6 October 2002 19:6:12

• abbagail
    abbagail

teejay: Viewpoints, like opinions and feelings, are a personal matter, being felt or viewed or decided by each individual. Therefore, they cannot fall into a category of right or wrong. There are no "right" or "wrong" feelings, viewpoints, opinions. They merely ARE what they ARE for each individual. I stand by my feelings/view/opinion. And don't worry, Dbear is not the only one who I felt was offensive, critical, negative, discouraging, lacking foresight, etc. Obviously, we disagree. So be it.

I would say describing the JC/GB letter with words like absurd and pointless is personalizing it. That is your view/opinion/feeling? Enjoy your attitude, then.

Thank you for attempting to tell me what I should do. Your opinion has been duly noted and filed away.

GRITS

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Boy talk about double standards. Holy cow!

• abbagail
    abbagail

Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 22:44:55 -0500
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Your Help Needed

Help needed for the silentlambs organization

Due to the increasing workload associated with silentlambs I am requesting assistance to help with certain aspects of the organization. I have created the following positions which will include the listed duties. If you would like volunteer your time to assist please contact me for an interview.

Media Relations Coordinator

Assistant MRC

Assistant MRC

Sending press releases and following up with media regarding further information.
    Arranging and setting up public service announcements for silentlambs.
    Serve as a spokesperson for silentlambs or assist designated spokesperson.
    Calling abuse survivors to confirm media interviews.
    Sending thank you letters to media and survivors who help with stories.
    Developing Press Releases for silentlambs activities.
    Assembling news articles around the world that relate to this issue.
    Responsible to train assistants on how to do your job.

Merchandizing Coordinator

Assistant MC

Assistant MC

Develop and design merchandise to be offered through silentlambs.
    Responsible to coordinate sales and shipping for merchandise.
    Negotiate competitive pricing for such materials.
    Responsible for approval of posters and banners used to represent silentlambs.
    Responsible to train assistants how to do your job.

Advocate Support Coordinator

Assistant ASC

Assistant ASC

Responsible to answer emails and sort proper response to each.
    Assist with hotline call backs to respond to requests for assistance.
    Coordinating and editing emails for placement on website.
    Assisting in the organization of silentlambs archives.
    Thank you notes and support correspondence for silentlambs.

Financial Coordinator

Assistant FC

Assistant FC

Responsible for bookkeeping for silentlambs.
    Collection of funds and coordination of bank accounting.
    Responsible to offer thank you correspondence for donations.
    Responsible for regular audits and publishing financial reports.
    Responsible for IRS correspondence and compliance reports.

Convention Coordinator

Assistant CC

Assistant CC

Develop and negotiate convention sites for silentlambs gatherings.
    Negotiate hotel and motel discounts for attendees.
    Oversee convention program planning, meals, recreation.
    Coordinate awards and recognition ceremonies.
    Arrange and assist guest speakers.

Internet Coordinator

Assistant IC

Assistant IC

Development of website related material and information.
    Promotion of website on the internet.
    Updating and adding material to website.

~~~~~Actions Speak Louder Than Words~~~~~~

GRITS

Edited by - GRITS on 6 October 2002 19:29:38

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

It is inevitable that anyone in a perceived position of leadership or authority will make mistakes and some bad decisions. How those mistakes are handled usually determines the longevity of the respect of these individuals. And ultimately the time comes to make a graceful exit before public opinion fails - and it always does.

I'm not saying Bill has to go or anything, but for him to carry forward very objectively at this point and to respect the input and feedback from others - even if it might not be what you'd like to hear. This whole matter has been carried quite a distance and he should be very proud of that. But it seems to have been carried to the extent it can on allegations and the groundwork has been laid for the matter to be investigated by authorities and for trials to be carried through with.

I can't see the issue being pressed much further without these allegations being substanciated by court victories. I don't think anyone doubts the truthfulness of many of the allegations but now some legal victories are needed if attention will remain on these issues. The media has been more than gracious in giving this issue needed attention with minimal convictions against the WT.

I also think at this point patience will need to be exercised because these things take time and are often less sensational. People might be a little burnt out on the subject and just need a bit of a break. The bad press on the WT has been relentless as of late, which has been good, but maybe it is time to just take a bit of a break, think realistically where this is going and carry on very cautiously from there.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit