Governing Body Summoned For Jud Hearing

by silentlambs 213 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When I first read this, I thought somebody was trying to just make a point. But if Bill Bowen is serious, HE DOESN'T GET IT!!!

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Jt,

Yesterday an old jw friend confirmed that my nephew was put through law school by the society. He has passed the bar and is now handling cases all over the world for jwdom.

If anyone ever wondered how serious the org takes these legal matters. I know for sure now. My little toe headed nephew, is now a 'mouthpiece' for mamma. Geeeeez who woulda thought?

Yikes!

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Nancee I wasn't talking about silentlambs I was talking about the WTBS.

• emancipated
    emancipated

Jim dandy! But if you want to play with their rules you have to abide by their rules, and THEY run the show!

• arachnia
    arachnia

Satire has been used effectively throughout history to make very serious, valid points and effect reform by ridiculing foolish, hypocritical, and arrogant behaviors. Aristophanes, Horace, Shakespeare, Jonathan Swift, Lord Byron, Sinclair Lewis, James Thurber, Aldous Huxley, Mark Russell...the list goes on. All of them have used satire effectively to make their points, and some have even effected change. Perhaps it isn't overnight change, but sometimes satire gets people thinking about a situation in a different way than they normally would, it opens their minds a bit so that they can see other possibilities.

So satire, when properly executed, can be quite effective. Hopefully this letter serves the purpose of opening some eyes to the hypocricy. And even if it doesn't, it's damn funny. ;)

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

This is not satire.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Jonathan Swift

When it comes to satire, he's Da Man! Him and Oscar Wilde.

Farkel

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

DannyBear said:

If he sends this letter, all of his hard work goes up in smoke. It is pure juvenile pay back for unsubstantiated accusations.

Danny

First of all, I am surprised and shocked to see so many people knock Bill for this Letter.

DannyBear, what do you mean? What are you talking about?

Why would "all of his hard work goes up in smoke"?

Ever since December 2000, Bill has written Letters like this to the Governing Body.

Why start picking on him now?

By the way, I thought that his Letter was Great, and it really showed the HYPOCRISY of the Leaders of the Watchtower Society.

According to all of the Watchtower Society's Publications, if someone makes an accusation against ANY Jehovah's Witness, there MUST be Elders appointed to investigate the accusations, and there should be a Judicial Committee formed.

Look what they did with the "Kangaroo Judicial Committees" that were formed for Bill, and Barbara & Joe Anderson, and the Pandelos.

I am sure that Bill has way more evidence against the Governing Body than they had on the Andersons and Pandelos.

And, as for the 5 Governing Body Members accused, I'd like to know also, and I am sure Bill will post up here and let everyone know soon enough.

I have heard a lot about Leo Greenlees being a molester in the past.

I just don't get all this talk about this Letter "causing so much damage to the silentlambs cause".

Sheesh.

Bill Bowen helped get Dateline on the Air. He helped get Panorama on the Air.

Since day one, he has stood up to protect the children and to expose the hypocrisy of the Watchtower Leadership.

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Thx for some commonsense UnD. This coupled with Joe Anderson's letter - for the R&F it MAY jar their conscience (I doub't it, but one can only hope).

TT

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Since the letter states that a judicial committee was requested on June 6th for September 27th, this second request for a committee seems redundant, no? Is the only difference now that the first request for a committee was by their selection and now this one is by someone else's selection? I'm just trying to get the point since the first request was ignored and I'm trying to understand what is to be gained. I must be missing something. It will obviously be ignored.

Lyle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit