Governing Body Summoned For Jud Hearing

by silentlambs 213 Replies latest jw friends

• Analysis
    Analysis

I agree with ashitaka and hope it was only that satire.

• nancee park
    nancee park

The letter is laying the basis for officially declaring the current Governing Body an apostate body.

Besides Bill, it will be interesting to see who else is on the hearings committee.

After the Declaration of Apostacy for wickedness (for it is doubtful the WTS Gov Body will willingly resign), then there will be a need for informing the general rank-and-file.

Ted Jarasc and his ilk appear rather "petty" and stupid, deliberately destroy the lives of JWs and friends as their policies have, ranging form the pedophilia coverup to the secret 10 year official liason with the UN.

So you guys want to ignore this one too, eh? Fire spreads fast.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Bill may be trying to make the point that the disfellowshippings carried out by the borg are meaningless, and that there is a double standard between the leadership and the rank and file.

Whom is he pointing this out to? Do you seriously believe that the inhabitants of Brooklyn are not well aware of this. Letters convening committees and disfellowshipping the Governing Body are by no means a new phenomena at Brooklyn. They smack of frustration. These issues need to be viewed through the eyes of a shrewd lawyer and the practiced politician. That is the type of person who will be reading them.

If the letter was written for the titillation of the Board, well yes it is satirically successful. If it has been sent, please note above.

HS

• gumby
    gumby

"I'm not sure if Bill's method of pointing this out is the best method, but it is a method, and at least he's doing what he perceives to be the best thing".

At least enough "static" is being roused to bring old Teddy to light. I say....keep them hopping!

BTW bill....I doubt the GB could travel that far without a couple of diaper changes. Their expensive!

Edited by - Gumby on 4 October 2002 13:12:41

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Bill,

I have to agree with DJ and Hillary. If not sent, then don't for goodness sake send it.

LPH

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

The letter is not a joke, I do not play games. I have followed theocratic procedure since day one regarding this matter. While theocratic procedure was not followed in dealing with the five of us, it will be applied in dealing with the GB. These are valid charges that any brother or sister would have to answer to, why not the GB? Are they above God?

As you will note this step was taken only after offering repeated counsel, only after offering conclusive evidence, and only after waiting patiently for almost two years for some form of acknowledgement of wrongdoing. While I am not on the committee, it does not bode well for the GB. They have been given more than enough rope in the form of time and effort helping them see this problem. IF they can show comensurate repentance I am sure the committee will take that into consideration. As mentioned the decision has already been made in heaven and these men will simply confirm Jehovah's decision.

The GB is not above God's Law the very law they require all elders to uphold in the congregation. Now if any brother or sister wishes to defend the wicked, lying, apostate course the GB has taken in defending their policy on child abuse they will thus prove themselves to be apostates also. The stand for what is right does not change and those who wish to defend wickedness prove they worship men instead of God.

silentlambs

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

If this was sent, two negative things could happen.

One: They could use the letter to have a case against him saying that his activism is based on him wanting to start his own version of JWs, and that he thinks he has the right to be the head, as is demonstrated by the letter, summoning them to the judgement table.(of course, i don't hold this opinion) This could hurt him in both the non-JW and JW theatres of operation.

Second: they could send this letter to the press, and it could be damaging in a number of ways. Silentlambs would start to look more like a JW internal political struggle than a provision for the victims of molestation. Keep to the facts and use the press; trying to use their own rules against them is self-defeating, even if it is just to make a point. They are spin-doctors of the worst kind.

Just because we know that Bill is a good guy doesn't mean he doesn't have to be careful in what he sends to the WT.

ash

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Also, I think we all understand that the letter is written in true WT fashion, kind of giving them a bite on the ass using their own teeth. That's evident. In that way the letter is a good idea, but because most people aren't familiar with the JW politics and corruption, the letter at face value given to the press looks strange.

No ill-will towards you, Bill. I get your point, just not the method.

ash

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

For clarification, I have no aspirations to start a religion or stop the Jehovah's Witness religion. This action is taken by their procedures and will follow their guidlines. When or if the Gb is df it will be up to the surviving leadership to appoint a new GB to direct the organization. I certainly am not filling out an application for that. If you look back in bible times leadership at times was executed for being wicked, this offered a fresh start to the survivors. This is simply a correction of wrongdoing and in the end as religion goes will make JW's a better religion.

There are no politics involved as I am not running for office nor anyone else to my knowledge. As dated the letter went out today, a press release will follow shortly.

silentlambs

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

What is this? A joke?

Camp X-ray, Cuba: " Hey the U.S. Government has treated us unlawfully. Write a letter to President Bush and inform him that we are forming a War Crimes Commission here at the camp. He is expected to appear forthwith to answer the charges against him. If he does not appear he will be Impeached." "There, that should do it! " "Yeah, we'll show him!"

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit