Governing Body Summoned For Jud Hearing

by silentlambs 213 Replies latest jw friends

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Ok, I think this is all getting out of hand. I think there's many misunderstandings and misconceptions. I don't really have an opinion on the letter except that I know this has been Bill's procedure from day one, now all of a sudden people seem to have a problem with it. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I think everyone needs to calm down. Farkel is right, we're all looking like idiots right about now in a public forum, good move, makes me proud. We have to look at this from different angles. We have a certain group of people who agree 100%, and we have a certain amount of people who disagree 100% and in between they should meet. It seems as though those that disagree are having more of a problem with Bill having 100% control over what happens, when, and what tactics are used. Maybe you have a point, maybe you don't. I do know one thing, this is alot for one man to manage. You can't argue that point. silentlambs has in my opinion spun somewhat out of control, or in better words, grown out of its britches. This is a good thing people! In almost two years this is the first (correct me if I'm wrong) major disagreement regarding silentlambs and its tactics. So where do we go from here? Well, first we have to realize this isn't about Bill Bowen, he's just the one that had the initiative, means and bravery to head up such an organization. There's not a one of us that could have handled this better or that could have made no mistakes along the way. silentlambs is growing, this means there will be more room for scrutiny and more room for error. Again, it's alot for one man to handle, and it will be getting worse. Now, how do we solve all this ridiculous bickering? I don't claim to have all the answers, but I do know we all have choices. Has the time come for a board of directors to ease the stress and responsibility that now lays on Bill? That's ultimately up to him, whether anyone likes it or not. The organization is obviously for the Lambs, and no-one else (except of course future lambs), BUT, it was all started through Bill, and no-one can make a decision like that except Bill. I'm not offering my opinion on the matter at all, but like I said, we all have choices. We must choose whether to back up this organization or not, no-one can choose for us. Will we always agree with decisions made by Bill or even a board of directors? No, of course not, it would never happen. So what choice do we have? Of course we can offer our opinions, and hope for the best if we disagree, but please, a private message (especially if you're planning on ridiculing someone) is always best. I've said it before, the Watchtower has the upper hand, they have a secret society hidden behind a 150+ year wall of deceit. What do we have? A public forum where anyone and everyone knows our every move.......So why make ourselves look more foolish than they already think we are? Why feed their pride with doing exactly what they say we'll do.....destroy ourselves. I keep reading statements like:

"Bill needs to grow up....." | "Bill is acting like a child....."

And is there any of us that aren't? This entire thread is ridiculous, everyone squabbling like children. There's nothing wrong with posting an opinion on something as long as it doesn't make us all look like idiots, and I for one am embarrassed. We're all adults here, we know how this works, grow up for crying out loud.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Hillary(ous) (mis)Step sez:

I have in recent months been feeling less of a need to involve myself in the life of an XJW and more of a need to move on to more creative projects, so it is to you Farkel, whom I have come to respect greatly that I present my good-byes.

Gee, do you really mean it? After this thread, I might be tempted to say "Good riddance" - TEMPTED, I say...

-- Mike

• Simon
    Simon

My take on this (without talking to anyone yet) ...

I believe that the aim of the letter was to highlight the hypocrisy of the GB. While they insist on dogged adherance to rules that have damaged the lives of untold children, they are not at all quick to live by the same rules themselves. Maybe Bill was trying to highlight this and keep the momentum / pressure on them. I don't know.

Now, people disagree with the approach and think things should be done differently. This is understandable and I can see the very good arguments that they put forth for this.

We should not expect Bill to be infallible and never make mistakes even if we personally may think he is wrong on something. Having run this forum for a few years, I know how sometimes things can "get to you" and it's easy to feel angry that people are not being grateful enough for all that you are doing for them. I really think Bill has done enough, more than enough ... probably too much, over the last year or so and maybe needs some more practical help with the load as he asked for some time ago. It may be that part of this help is having people to discuss things with before going 'public' with things.

Now, the flip side is that other people like HS are also doing a great deal of work, putting in just as much effort but behind the scenes and what they put their heart and soul into is rubbished or dismissed when it shouldn't be and this is just as wrong.

I just see a lot of passionate people who are probably working too hard and getting angry at the wrong people.

I know, I have done it myself.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Simon, Well said. Running this board for years, I'm sure you've run into similar problems. It's impossible to please everyone all the time, and it's impossible to be perfect. Some people just don't get it, it's just too easy to dish out criticism. Sometimes it's needed, in a CONSTRUCTIVE way. I myself feel for Bill right now. He's worked hard here, and no-one can take that away from him. He makes one little move that may not be popular and everyone is all over him, calling him names and acting like children. Shame on them, it's embarrassing. If you have an opinion, by all means state it, in a respectful manner. If you disagree, the same goes.

By the way, if anyone knows of a way to please everyone all the time, please let me know, I'm looking to rule the world.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

In the US, we have something called "armchair quarterbacks."

I'm not one to criticize the QB, I'll just root for the home team.

Score:

Silent Lambs: 7

WTBTS: 0

• teejay
    teejay

E-man,

Sometimes... because I'm American, I can't follow your reasoning because of the words you use. Over here we speak "English" but not the Queen's English like you do. Bloody right, yeah?!!

For what it's worth, I finally heard... actually "heard" you speaking. For the first time. In this post. A weird experience, it was, but enjoyable.

Thank you for sharing events from your side of The Big Pond. I could go on, but let me just say that you have added immensely to this thread with what you said. We all have so much to learn.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Teejay,

Just wanted to say, that's a beautiful pic of you and your daughter!

Hope all is well with you.

IW

• justhuman
    justhuman

Personally I don't think that Bowens letter will have any chance at all. The GB will continue to ignore it like the thousands of letters they have received during the years.

They care only for their possition, and it is a very nice thing to know that 6,000,000 people they treat you like God. Because this is the way JW feel about the GB, or the Faithfull and Discreat Slave.

So they will continue their policies and their unscriptual Bible dogma.

• Pepper
    Pepper

10-4-02

Service Committee

25 Columbia Heights

Brooklyn, NY 11201

Dear Brothers,

On June 6, 2002 you were sent a formal request to establish a judicial hearing in order to hear serious allegations against the Governing Body.

>>> As I read the above request I ask myself why is there such a begging for a response and for the Watch Tower leadership to do anything in regard to being righteous concerning these allegations, they look upon all of you as apostates which to them is the same as being demonically inspired. What makes anyone think they can become the hammer of God and thrust it down on anyone, then one would be just as the Watch Tower hierarchy now has become that of putting one self in a position of Godliness without out Gods approval and direction. Pepper <<<

• Derrick
    Derrick

Hi Bill,

You are one of the few real ones I have met online whose life demonstrates walking the talk, and sacrificing oneself for others through grassroots activism.

I cannot help but ponder about how your dedicated witness to the molestation of children by those we trusted not so long ago as our "shepherds" and "apostles," has given me the strength to stop attending corporate meetings in a place that has become tainted as the Jewish temple in Jesus day.

By your allowing the repressed memories of the victims to get heard publicly, those on the present Governing Body and their proteges are exposed as those whom Jesus surely would consider "workers of lawlessness." The GB and those non-anointed individuals they are grooming to sit on the Watchtower's throne, seem like lazy "ancestors" of Pastor Russell who drink the fruit of the vine, but are unwilling to till the rich soils of this world.

Unwilling to put forth their own grassroots efforts to spread the truth in Jesus Christ with the fervor that the founder of their own religion Pastor Charles Taze Russell put forth with his mobile preaching efforts through the streets, declaring that "religion is a snare and a racket!" publicly, the present individuals in charge of the Watchtower legacy seem tainted and corrupted.

Until their replacement, I can no longer in good conscience worship Jehovah God through Jesus Christ in the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Thanks to you, Bill, my eyes are open. Pondering about whether my efforts on H2O years ago in some way, along with other important influences, helped ignite the catalyst of the SilentLambs organization today, I consider the following scripture:

"Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again."
    (Ecclesiastes 11:1)

Thanks to you, I have just found the bread I cast upon the waters after many days.

I sense that many angels have been assigned to protect and confort you and those you love. May Jehovah God give you victory over this "Goliath" thus proving to the countless victims of molestation that He does love them dearly.

Finally, I want to comment on those child molestation victims in New York who have found the loose threads to the poorly tailored "garments" that cover their so-called annointed molesters! Isn't it rather shocking to see these "holy ones" partially naked with tatoos and piercings (figuratively speaking)? Are these molestations the tip of a giant iceberg of grotesque sexual misconduct? Are those blood stains on their garments, sown out of colorful Watchtower publications and words artfully woven over the years, now disappearing quickly as their victims pull the loose threads? My only regrets, Bill, is that their garments did an excellent job hiding those nipple piercings. Their nakedness is rather ugly if I should say so myself. If their victims whom they molested keep unraveling the threads of their garments, they shall render the emperor and his enterage stark naked before the world.

I remember only good people, my brothers and sisters, over the years. I will miss them until major changes have turned the organization around. Perhaps this is Jehovah's way to clean up an organization that has strayed so far away from its original founder's dedication to teaching the Bible to others? Only time will tell.

Sending you my love and asking Jehovah and Christ to care for your family's every need. Stay the course if you can, remembering to remain as cautious as a serpent but always gentle as a dove.

Derrick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit