Governing Body Summoned For Jud Hearing

by silentlambs 213 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

Grits,

The reason that I stated that I am not a jw is because I am no longer a jw. Capeesh? I think that you need to chill. We are a discusion board not a united cult. There will be varying opinions, thank God. BB just drops a thread here with a wacky sounding letter and expects what?? That we should read it and give three cheers? I think he is smarter than that! You aren't giving him enough credit. I think that he can handle PUBLIC questions and even critisism. Most grown-ups can. We are entitled to question and we are entitled to disagree with a decision. You must try to bear in mind the way that this letter was dumped here. It threw us all a curve just when we started to calm down about Jarascz being accused of Santanic Ritual Abuse. We are only human, Grits and we may very well act like it here at times. Excuse us. You have to admit that some wild stuff has been thrown to us little doggies to chew on. Dj

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    I ask the question is Bill Bowen/ Silentlambs by these recent actions, march, public accusations and pleadings for witnesses to step forward, throwing stuffed animals at wt workers, vauge and unsupported accusations against current or former Gb members, going to help my loved ones break free from wt grip? I doubt it one little bit.

that's their job, not Bill's..........Is Bill THEIR BABYSITTER ?

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Andee, I've read enough of Dbear to get a clear picture. His posts in this thread make my blood run cold, and that is what I am commenting on in reply to what he wrote. You should go back to page 1 and start from the beginning. You'll see it back there somewhere.

You love him? Good for you. He gives me the creeps.
    He's writes really COLD-hearted stuff. Not my kind of people.

Grits

Ummmm Grits? I did read from the beginning. Nothing cold hearted IMO. However, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Where in the heck did I say I LOVE him? Sheesh! girl! GET A GRIP!

Though, I am certainly fond of the guy, his wife might object, k?

Take care,
    Andee

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

"Why can't we all just get along?"

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Everyone has the right to disagree.

AMEN!

• BrotherFlanders
    BrotherFlanders

YOURE DEMONIZED

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

about 30 years ago I heard on the radio:

this is the voice of radio simbabwe. We talk to the people between limpopo and sambesi river. the corrupt system of ian smith has fallen.

lets enjoy our new freedom and go straight into future....

---

I want to know when the other corrupt system of failing wts GB does fall. There is no blessing on their fruitage. they draw back in each and every kind of any regard. But not where it would be necessary.

Bill, dont give up. Like ancient israel leaders they once will recognizwe that they had their chance.

they rule like Louis quartoze who said "l'eta cest moi" I am the state. they make the rules, claiming to have the divine privilege.

But thats wrong. Show me your works GB

• abbagail
    abbagail

DJ: Are you a blonde, by any chance?

Are you at least over the age of 20, maybe?

Seriously, are you an abuse survivor?
    How long have you been out of the JWs?

Also, it seems you may possibly be new to the entire Silentlambs situation? If so, please go back and read everything from day one, everything on this board and the entire SL website, and everything on the SL Email List (you are signed up for that, right?)

I really like some of your comments, though, such as:
    "BB just drops a thread here with a wacky sounding letter and expects what??"
    Is that what you think BB does? BB isn't merely "dropping" threads here. They are purposefully posted as a public service announcement for everyone's Information. Nice of him to do that and keep us informed, don't you think? He's under no obligation to do so.

And, "Wacky" is in the eye of the beholder, namely yourself.

You also wrote: "You aren't giving him enough credit."
    To the contrary, my dear, I give him all the credit in the world for having some brains and for knowing what he is doing. You're the one not giving him credit for having a brain, nor are you giving him or the victims (such as Pat) the benefit of the doubt. (That word "wacky" comes back to mind again).

As far as his handling public opinion and criticism, yes, I'm sure he has a thick-skin by now, if he didn't before. He would certainly need it considering the extreme lack of confidence you are showing in his decisions and methods.

Again you wrote: "You must try to bear in mind the way that this letter was dumped here."
    Dumped? Sheesh. I would hardy call submitting the letter for everyone's information, DUMPIING. "Drops" "Dumps" "Wacky." Hmmmm.... your choice of words is interesting.

Your other phrases are interesting as well:
    "It threw us all a curve..."
    Have you been living in a closet all your life? If gruesome/unusual information throws you for a curve every time you hear it, you must be downright Dizzy all the time. For your own health, I would suggest you never watch the news.

"... just when we started to calm down about Jarascz being accused of Santanic Ritual Abuse."
    Why did you need to calm down? Why is SRA so unbelievable to you? Why do you assume it cannot happen, either among worldlies and/or JW/GB'ers? Why are you so quick to discredit the victims' story? (There are more than just Pat who have experienced this). Are you still of the belief that so-called "religious leaders" are above reproach? (Hence, the reason for me asking how long you have been away from the JWs). Please try to show some patience. Your mind will be gorged with satisfaction, I'm sure, when all the gorey details are revealed. Think you can stay "calmed down" until then? You did say you were a grown up.

"...some wild stuff has been thrown to us..."
    Wild is obviously your opinion. (I guess if something is considered Wild in your mind, then that makes it unbelievable?)
    And "thrown to us"? Do you, by any chance, keep house the same way you talk? "Drops" "Dumps" "Thrown" ...

GRITS

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi Plm: I would want a "surgeon" who has empathy and compassion (i.e., emotion) for his patients and and their "illness" and what they have and will go thru, before/after "surgery." I would not choose the cold, brunt, uncaring, egotistical, stainless-steel-type of surgeon who has no empathy, understanding, or compassion for the individual patients/children, nor the patience to spend adequate time with the child and/or its family, etc. If there were only those two kinds to choose from, I'd pick the former over the latter.

Hope this answers your question.

-------------------
    Hi Andee: Thank you for allowing me my opinion. And "love" can mean many things. I was not referring, obviously, to Romantic (hanky-panky) kind of love, but to "friendship love."

Deddaisy: Exactly my point when I made the Superman comment. Thanks.

ChristianObserver: Astute observations. Thanks for eliciting those points.

GRITS

• teejay
    teejay
    We are a discusion board not a united cult. There will be varying opinions, thank
    God. BB just drops a thread here with a wacky sounding letter and expects
    what?? That we should read it and give three cheers? I think he is smarter than
    that! I think that he can handle PUBLIC questions and even critisism. Most
    grown-ups can. We are entitled to question and we are entitled to disagree with
    a decision. -- Dj

Nice thoughts, DJ. Are we related?

I've been wondering about Bill for some time. (His posting of private letters from his mother and his revelation of his screeching his tires when leaving the KH parking lot are but two examples that have troubled me)

Then, too, there is his modus operandi relative to this forum. As long as he's been posting, it's usually been his practice to a) start threads (often asking for comments) and, b) NEVER returning to the thread to offer counter views; a 'thank-you' for thier participation; or even an acknowledgment of their thoughts. It's like after coming down from the mountain following his personal interview with god, he expects everybody to say, "here, here!!" and get in line to follow his flawless lead. Yeah, right! He should know better.

Then again... SHOULD he know better?

Bill hasn't been out of the Organization for very long. Before leaving, he had held the position of Elder for many years. As such, he was no doubt accustomed to being "The Man", looked up to by others in the congregation.

After starting up Silentlambs and stepping down from his position in the congregation, he assumed the role of defacto "counselor / advisor" of abuse victims and talking to journalists that are uninformed about Wt policy and the Silentlambs cause -- for Bill: another leadership position.

Now he posts here where opinions are varied, at times even adversarial. That is to be expected: we are free to think for ourselves and as ex-JWs, freely indulge in the privilege. Having to respectfully deal with people who openly disagree with him is something Bill has never had to deal with. It's something he needs to learn how to do... just like the rest of us.

Just my two.

==========================

GRITS,

I can say that your comments about DannyBear are out of line and I find them personally offensive.

Over the past year or more, I have come to know the man as very compassionate and uncommonly fair. You may need to stop personalizing this issue of Bill's absurd / pointless letter, take a step back, and reassess your viewpoint of him.

Trust me... your viewpoint is wrong.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I've been away for the weekend, and have only just read this portion of this thread.

I feel absolutely gutted that Hilary Step has felt the need to leave here. I understand him when he says that he's not a team player, often a non-team player is resistant to being influenced by others, and in that regard Hilary Step is a monument to the preservation of free expression. HS doesn't want to jump on anyone's bandwagon if I read him correctly. BTW, he also does plenty enough already, so don't anyone call him an armchair critic please.

Persons such as HS are rare indeed, IMHO this board is a poorer place without him.

Englishman.

Edited by - Englishman on 6 October 2002 15:36:22

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit