Can psychic energy heal?

by kenpodragon 108 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Introspection

Forgive me, it is late and I think I understood your point, but I will repeat what I think you said before I comment. Basically, I gathered that you accept this concept of healing, but that debating it is more harmful then useful. If that is your point, I agree. I think that as humans we enter life with a clean slate on spiritual thinking. We see it, and we believe in. As we age though, we tend to add layers of filters that say "this is not possible" or "this is not real". Sometimes, it is very hard for someone to accept psychic energy and methods with that in mind, in the same sense that "It is hard to teach a old dog new tricks." We get a lot of mental blocks in our way to accepting something we were told was wrong. Thus my feeling that in order to accept concepts of the universe, we must meditate on the child within. Finding the person that was us before we added so much doubt. In time, the two mental thinking periods join to be who we are. Debate can be unhealthy, if we have not resolved our thoughts before hand. For example, I will debate and in the same thought I know what I believe before joining. I know why people doubt, and I accept they have there reasons and know why they have them. I see healing with the mind, both on our own and to another as completely possible. I have felt people at an exact time of day, wrote the time down, e-mailed them and had them say that is when they sent energy. I have done the same back to them. I use the Huna method of channeling breath to energy. To me, this is all very interesting and I could talk about it all day. I hope I understood your thoughts correct.

Take Care

Dragon

• Introspection
    Introspection

Hi Kenpo, that's basically what I was getting at, although I wouldn't use the word belief. By the way, just as some background I've been studying Tai Chi for a few years. One might think someone who's into all that would promote it, but in fact in my experience the approach to the subtle stuff was to tell the student very little so as not to fill their heads with useless concepts, the 'discipline' is natural so that things can simply be discovered if one simply paid attention and relax. It's not a religion after all, people learn martial arts for the very concrete, tangible aspect of it. (I might also note that in the martial aspect there's no sense of desperation for anything as there is in life threatening illnesses in the realm of healing) It's the same with this stuff and spirituality. These things happen in spite of belief, because reality doesn't have much to do with belief, other than the fact that we really have these thoughts in our heads. With just about anything, though, there could be a distorted perception due to ego. Now I don't mean that in the sense of egomania, but as far as perception goes - I guess it's like that saying "I see, said the blind man looking through the knot hole peering over the barbed wire fence" - too many filters. I say see clearly first, then worry about a conceptual framework - and recognize that that's all that is, and not the real thing. This applies to chi as well as anything that might be subtle, after all if everything is one then it's not all that meaningful to make these distinctions is it?

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I know exactly what your talking about. I do not know if you caught my thread on martial arts, but I am very much into it. I have a black belt in a couple of systems.

Take Care

Dragon

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    What I mean is conceptual thoughts are not necessarily connected to physical ability, for example you may be able to calculate the necessary trajectory of a ball for example, but actually making such a pitch or hitting it or something is another story. You may know the math very well but simply suck at playing ball, and what we're talking about is how to play ball.

Just an interesting point on this particular comment, which is probably off topic. It has been found that conceptual thought can enhance actual physical performance. If a person mentally practices a certain physical action, their performance is improved when they carry out the physical motion.

For instance, I've had difficulty in relaxing and properly riding my horse when he canters. When I'm physically in the saddle, I tense up and simply can't relax sufficiently to ride properly. However, if I "practice" the proper riding technique in my mind beforehand, I find that I can easily transfer my mental image and practice over to the physical occurrence of the event.

This has also proved true for many others.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I'd just like to thank Larc for his comments and observations.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Interessting discussion. It seems that upon leaving one set of vague promises, half truths, anecdote and faith behind(JW's) people are all too ready to believe in another set on the idea that someone told them it worked and/or James Randi hasn't returned Larry Kings call yet. Yes, humans are very interesting.

• larc
    larc

Dragon,

I have some questions. When you send energy to someone else, do they have to be somebody you know, or can you send it to anybody? When they get the energy, how do they know they got it? How do they feel differently when they get it? You know, this kind of thing would be easy to test experimentally.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thanks for the link to Randi's web site. I am surprised this face off hasn't happened yet. I saw Sylvia Browne on his show again last month, and nothing was said about Randi. He made some good points, and brought up possibilities I hadn't considered.

I am open to almost anything, I guess, and seldom say anything is a hoax. I would want to test it myself before I naysay it.

I emailed saying they could use me as a test subject. I fit all the criteria.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    When they get the energy, how do they know they got it? How do they feel differently when they get it? You know, this kind of thing would be easy to test experimentally

Larc,

The energy can be felt. I have felt it. I have felt people pray for me and have called them to ask them if they were praying for me at a particular time. When they answered in the affirmative, I told them to knock it off.

My friends and I practice sending each other energies all the time. We mark it down when we receive it and compare the time noted by the person sending it. The times always match. Always.

I bet nobody believes me about this either. Ah well, that's okay.

Love,

Robyn

• Mulan
    Mulan

I believe you. Some say there are no coincidences. Too many things have no LOGICAL explanation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit