Can psychic energy heal?

by kenpodragon 108 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Robyn,

I find this very interesting, and I would like to go on and on on this subject, but alas, I have to get up early tomorrow, so this may be my last post.

My questions is not whether some people can send this energy to strangers. My question is if you can do this. If so, I have an interesting experiment in mind.

One thing you wrote, I found very unusual. One of your friends sent vibes your way, and you actually felt worse as a result. Now, that is peculiar.

I am just rambling at this point, but I still am not clear on how many of your friends share this energy exchange?

• Introspection
    Introspection
    Just an interesting point on this particular comment, which is probably off topic. It has been found that conceptual thought can enhance actual physical performance. If a person mentally practices a certain physical action, their performance is improved when they carry out the physical motion.

For instance, I've had difficulty in relaxing and properly riding my horse when he canters. When I'm physically in the saddle, I tense up and simply can't relax sufficiently to ride properly. However, if I "practice" the proper riding technique in my mind beforehand, I find that I can easily transfer my mental image and practice over to the physical occurrence of the event.

Red, of course this is not what I meant, nor is this what I consider conceptual thought. I tried to qualify it to distinguish abstract symbolic ideas like the example I used of mathematics as opposed to other mental activity that involves imagery, feeling tone and imagining sensory and kinesthetic experiences, which they use in a cognitive enhancement technique called image streaming by the way. Us talking about it now is what I mean by conceptual thought, we're not engaging those sensory impressions, we're only reading and writing words.

Of course, involving the sensory experience in this way really begins to integrate the mind and body doesn't it? Focusing on the mind or the body exclusively is both limited. It's one thing to do that out of practicality when you can't engage in the physical activity such as riding a horse, but if you favor one over the other you're likely to be missing something. I'm sure you are very aware that imagining riding is nothing compared to the real experience. I guess you could say what I'm getting at is like a guy who watches extreme sports on TV going out of his way to design a robot to get beer from the fridge and make a pizza so he doesn't have to get up and go to the kitchen himself. Lots of mind power in engineering a robot, but something's a little off there. But other than that, the fact is if this guy watches a lot of sports, he probably has some insightful commentaries. Conceptually he probably knows a lot about the games he watches, but it's unlikely that he can perform 1% of the things he watches for entertainment. I say forget about watching all that for a while, if anything the guy needs to watch a light aerobics workout and just get his ass off the couch and start moving.

• Introspection
    Introspection

I have to just point this out too for people who are into things like this.. If you have psychological problems, and I don't mean clinical or anything necessarily extreme, but basic everyday stuff - what do you think that says about special abilities which you might categorize as psychic healing? We say it's all mind, but then wouldn't gross level psychological issues be a part of this? In other words it's sort of a matter of walk before you can run.

• rem
    rem

robdar,

The million dollars is indeed real:

At the formal test, in advance, an independent person will be placed in charge of a personal check from James Randi for US$10,000. In the event that the claimant is successful under the agreed terms and conditions, that check shall be immediately surrendered to the claimant, and within ten days the James Randi Educational Foundation will pay to the claimant the remainder of the reward, for a total of US$1,000,000. One million dollars in negotiable bonds is held by an investment firm in New York, in the "James Randi Educational Foundation Prize Account," as surety for the prize funds. Validation of this account and its current status may be obtained by contacting the Foundation by telephone, fax, or e-mail.

http://www.randi.org/research/challenge.html

If you can do what you say you can, then the challenge will be easy for you. Randi will not have to believe it to pay you the money. It's based on how many hits you get in a certain number of trials. There is no judging... it's pure math.

If you win, then yeah... let's party!!!

rem

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon
    I have some questions. When you send energy to someone else, do they have to be somebody you know, or can you send it to anybody? When they get the energy, how do they know they got it? How do they feel differently when they get it? You know, this kind of thing would be easy to test experimentally.

Larc,

You asked this awhile back, sorry I took so long to answer. For me, I send it through a channel. Perhaps in a thought or something associated with the person. I believe we all have mental "power signs" that unlock doors in the psychic world. Although, I believe other connections can be felt in less formal setting. How do they feel it, often it is referred to as a mental buzz or warmth. Along with images that they associate with me. I have actually tested it, with time of day and everything. It is based on the energy of "ki" or "cosmic touch". In martial arts we use it to feel where someone is wanting to strike. In my training we did blind fold fighting in which we had to feel the energy of movement and the mind of the opponent. As for people feeling it that do not know me, I would never perceive to say I know the thoughts of anyone.

I hope this answered your question. Again, sorry I did not catch it earlier in the thread.

Take Care

Dragon

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon
    I bet nobody believes me about this either. Ah well, that's okay.

Robdar,

I very much believe you!!!

Dragon

• Robdar
    Robdar

My question is if you can do this

Larc, I am better at receiving than at sending the energy. But, I'd be willing to try your experiment. Email me.

Love,

Robyn

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I have a thought on the "Randy" man people have mentioned here. He has offered 1 million dollars to anyone who can prove psychic power is real. Okay, you do realize a million dollars is not a lot to some people.

John Edwards signed a contract worth 10 million per year to have his show, plus he will receive residual income when it is sold into syndication. He also holds seminars nation wide, where he makes even more.

Silvia Brown is said to get a writing bonus of $500,000 - $1,000,000 for every book she writes. Plus, she gets paid $25,000 - $100,000 for some seminars she teaches.

So I ask, if a man offered a million to you to try to disprove your multi-million dollar career. Would you take it?

Just wondering

Dragon

• rem
    rem

For every John Edwards there are a hundred of struggling 'psychics'. If the power is real and they possess it, then they have just as much chance for the fame and money that the Randi challenge would provide as John Edwards does.

Edwards is a coward and has been exposed on TV (Dateline, I believe)... but the believers continue to believe. Sylvia Brown is a coward... she already agreed to be tested, but has not returned any attempts to contact her since. It's been over a year.

Of course they won't get tested... they are making a ton of money off of the credulous public. Why ruin that with facts?

Frauds and cowards, the both of them.

rem

Edited by - rem on 2 October 2002 13:50:24

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I am not a huge fan of Silvia Brown, I actually met her in person in Sacramento a few years back. She made a lot of mistakes and that did not impress me. Plus, she adds to much with Jesus and God and I think she does that to get the Christian support. In my search into "new age" thinking, I grow further and further from the thought of "Jesus" or "Satan" and kind of feel shocked when those names come up. Basically, I think they are fiction.

John Edwards on the other hand, I do think has a lot of talent. I saw a program with him, in which they set people behind him and asked him to describe what they were wearing and who they were. They then did the same thing with 5 other people who claimed no ability. John was right 60-70% of the time and the others were right 40% of the time. Even guessing you can get 30-40% correct. While they tried to say he should have gotten it 100% right to disprove him, they could not ignore the fact that he did do more.

John Edwards is only one of many, that I think have some talent for psychic thought. I have been to several seminars on the ESP issue, and done exercise with the methods used. Visualization with the mind and mental travel with the mind. I have learned one important fact. "If you believe, it is possible ... if you don't, you are wasting your time." I once heard it compared this way. There is a gene that allows you the ability to role your tongue, some have it and some don't. The same is with believing in psychic thought, some are predisposed to understand it and some don't want to. Just like with the tongue rolling, you really don't care that you can't. Although you might find amusement in those who do.

I believe in it, always will.

My thought

Dragon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit