Can psychic energy heal?

by kenpodragon 108 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Suscarra

I posted something for you on the martial arts thread. Thanks.

SS

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I find it interesting that every time someone mentions psychic power and energy, people challenge it with skepticism. In my experience, I believe and that is all that matters. I do not sell myself to people, and I do not expect others to follow. I do though wish more people accepted something at least a little, if for no reason other then ... the possibility!

Again, the skeptic will never produce enough results to settle their mind. On the other hand, does that really matter to the believer.

No, not really.

My thought

Dragon

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Kenpo:

Another excellent book for you to check out (if you haven't already) is: "The Healing Brain" by Robert Ornstein, Ph.D., and David Sobel, M.D. I don't know if it's still in print, I bought my copy years ago. Published by Simon & Schuster. It's a really good book which explains alot about how all of this works, belief system, the brain functions etc.

Interesting thread!!!!!

XW

• nita6368
    nita6368

I believe that somewhere hidden in our subconscious we all hold the ability to heal ourselves, emotionally,physically and spiritually, some will tap in to it others have to complete the journey they are on before they are healed.Currently I am still on that journey, struggling with diabetes but hopefully I will find that spot soon

• rem
    rem
    The Power to heal has been with us for eons,it is just that we,as unique beings, have simply forgotten how to work with healing energy that we all possess.Society has become to materialistic which i believe has robbed us of this simple truth.

It's interesting that with all of this ancient knowledge of healing 'energy' that the average life expectancy of humans has only increased since Western medicine started applying materialist scientific principles.

http://www.pbs.org/stealingtime/living/history.htm

If Estern 'wisdom' really worked then you would expect the standard of health and average life expectancy to be greater in those countries. Can anyone produce any data that shows this?

Witch doctors have been killing people for eons. Western medicine is unprecedented in its ability to save lives and increase the standard of health.

If it makes you feel good (and it's not too expensive), then by all means do the 'mystical' route... but be sure and go to a real doctor first.

rem

• Mac
    Mac

Peace, Love & Healing by Bernie Seigel

• Mulan
    Mulan

I saw both 'the amazing Randi' and Sylvia Browne on Larry King a few months ago. Same show together.

Sylvia took him up on his offer, and said "anytime, let me know", and so far he hasn't set it up for her. That's part of his offer. It is all on his terms. Larry King offered to host it, but there has been no progress on it.

Another psychic took him up on the offer, and he had a group there, who only spoke German. She couldn't do a thing. He said it was a big "win" for him, but he cheated. He is a charlatan, who will do all he can to make them fail. JMHO

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

It has been 392 days so far that Sylvia Brown has been ducking Randi. Read about it at:

http://www.randi.org/sylvia/index.shtml

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    sorry guys but from a scientific viewpoint its nonsense. neither is there any evidence that it works nor does there exist any theoretical back ground for it.

Scientifically speaking, bees aren't aerodinamically designed to fly.... but they do (Darn, they're so unscientific).

• rem
    rem
    Scientifically speaking, bees aren't aerodinamically designed to fly.... but they do (Darn, they're so unscientific).

Hmm.. this is a silly misconception rooted in a misunderstanding of the scientific problem. Laypeople are always misunderstanding scientists... and they just love to think they've outsmarted them.

The actual meaning of the statement is: An airplane the same size and shape of a bee could not fly (if it's wings are motionless).

So, actually science still prevails... and the aerodynamics of bumble bee flight are understood.

http://www.jimloy.com/physics/bee.htm

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit