Can psychic energy heal?

by kenpodragon 108 Replies latest jw friends

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Larc,

I just gave an example of thermodynamics.

I am still doing some research on energy, and I have a lot to learn. I simply meant that there are different types of energy. Psychic energy is one type that the majority of us do not fully understand, and it would take some study from all angles.

• larc
    larc

Lost Diamond,

Your examples were not examples of thermodynamics, they were examples of simpler concepts, i.e., conservation of energy and matter.

You still assert that psychic energy exists. I am saying that it does not exist. There is no proof whatsoever, that there is a thing called psychic energy.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Larc

Have you read about chi or ki? Do you think it exists? Would you say it is different than psychic energy?

SS

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I would say I know a great deal about "chi" and "ki" and I would say you are tapping into it with psychic energy. Very much so. I actually wrote a thesis on this for my black belt to Kenpo. I would say psychic energy comes more from "vril" though, which is a stored energy in the body. Energy and the concept has been lost, rediscovered so many times, and named something different. It cracks me up.

A really great book on this subject is this ...

EARTH ENERGIES: A quest for the hidden power of the planet, by Serge Kahili King Ph.D

IMAGINEERING FOR HEALTH, by Serge Kahili King, Ph.D

These are in the concept of the Huna, which is a philosophy of Shamanism.

Why do you ask?

Dragon

Edited by - kenpodragon on 1 October 2002 3:13:49

• Satanus
    Satanus

Kenpo

Actually, i think it's the same. I would be interested in hearing larc's opinion on this

SS

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Chi : Is the life energy, the energy that exist in all.

Ki : Is that connect or touch of energy between life

Vril : Is what that energy stores as in our body

All are control by the mind, thus in Karate to Healing ... energy is directed by the connection of the mind to the attention and direction it focuses.

Basically, I agree with you.

Dragon

• Satanus
    Satanus

Your understanding is much deeper than mine.

SS

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Don't worry about it, it is one of my passions. I think about it all the time, and always read on it. It is just so interesting to learn about to me, I get really into it.

Take Care

Dragon

• Introspection
    Introspection

Well, from what I've observed there's a lot of misunderstanding on this whole business even from the proponents side. It's like meditation, people think it's about a concentration practice when the more important aspect is relaxation, or accepting whatever is going on rather than going to a thought, any thought because thoughts are by their very nature created by the mind and not what is actually physically happening. What I mean is conceptual thoughts are not necessarily connected to physical ability, for example you may be able to calculate the necessary trajectory of a ball for example, but actually making such a pitch or hitting it or something is another story. You may know the math very well but simply suck at playing ball, and what we're talking about is how to play ball.

To me this question isn't actually that important because although there are times when some kind of intervention is called for, a lot of the times the person with the illness needs to change something or do their homework so to speak in order to get better. The one shot deal, regardless of what the treatment modality is and how effective it is, will only last so long when it's some outside influence done "to" you. Discussing this could in fact take you further away from that, because instead of engaging in the practical day to day activity of how one might heal or be healthy it's just a fascination with another conceptual thought, and anyone who really gets the principles on which these things are based, whether you believe it or not, wouldn't bother wasting their time. Incidentally, there appears to be a pattern where those who consider themselves "healers" might think of themselves as spiritual, whereas what I've found is that those who've really got a clue about the spirituality business tends to be healing in different ways, and anything particularly fancy along those lines is seen as a by product, because that's exactly what they are. It goes back to standing on your own two feet, someone who cares about you will not want you to be dependent on them. Whether it's physical, psychological, spiritual or whatever kind of work, ultimately you have to participate in the work yourself. Even if the doctor is entertaining there's no point in return visits if you can stay healthy. Go buy a copy of Patch Adams or something.

Those who've looked into these things know that the basic idea is that it's good to have no stuck energy, that it should flow freely just as blood circulates throughout your body. What do you suppose is happening if someone is caught up in a debate or a particular viewpoint, though, even (and especially) if it's about this very subject? In other words, being too excited about this one way or the other may prove to be the cause of "energetic blocks" - or you might call it running around in circles, intellectually, emotionally or whatever. It's like if you're getting worked up debating about what peace means or something, how silly is that? Even if your intention is that the truth should be known, who says that any given person or group of people needs to, at any given time - or that you're the messenger for them? If someone really wants to know about this stuff, the information is out there. Even though I have a rather limited social life, I do have one - and I sure ain't going to spend my time following something like this identifying my self concept with some other concept so I can feel like I'm somebody, I stand for something - all the usual crap. I'm a scientist! I'm a mystic! Yada yada yada... But I digress. It's much more useful just to know how to relax, and to monitor your own health through time - rather than resorting to a fancy 'high level' type of healing, (you can replace healing with any number of other functions/activitys, actually) whether it's mystical or technological. As I've already stated, thoughts, especially thoughts along these lines, is not the thing that helps you in your health and well being - if anything they're a waste of your psychic energy.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

In an above post, someone asked if I believe in dragons. In this question I have to ask, do you mean in a physical sense or spiritual sense?

Just need a clarification

Take Care

Dragon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit