Can psychic energy heal?

by kenpodragon 108 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I firmly believe in both. I am just touching on one area right now. Personal power of the mind

Take Care

Dragon

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think you are spot on Kenpo. If the simple act of popping a placebo pill can affect someones subconcience to such an extent that there are tangible physical benifits, imagine what hope and a belief in "healing energy" can do. Makes me wish I was a sucker!

I think the placebo effect should be discussed more often in discussions about spirituality. So often, people seem sooo impressed that Jesus came and spoke to them... THEM! But they are often a bit sheepish about it, in public, as they know it is not verifiable. I wonder why they are so impressed; if a passing awareness that one is taking a pill ( a pill that turns out to be a placebo) can physically heal someone, why would they be impressed that their very strong belief in the supernatural manifest itself with Jesus in their hearts and minds (and ears, in some cases)?

A little humility in the form of awareness of ones own mental foibles is in order, methinks. But then again, it could save a ton on health insurance, maybe I'm the sucker!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

The placebo effect is real; however, animals are not generally affected by the placebo effect. Either something works with them, or it does not. I have used Reiki with my animals, and I have seen it work.

• Realist
    Realist

redhorse,

how big was the probablity that something would have happened without your psychic influence?

• rem
    rem

James Randi is offering $1 Million to anyone who can demonstrate any type of psychic healing. So far nobody has won. It seems the powers go away under controlled testing. hehe ;)

Here is the link for anyone who would like to become rich:

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

rem

Edited by - rem on 30 September 2002 13:32:7

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Realist, not very likely. My cat had a cyst on her shoulder that burst, leaving a hole in the skin on her shoulder about the size of a 50-cent piece. It would start to heal and then she would get active and the hole would open up again.

I had finally determined that I would have to take her to the vet to get stitches so that the wound could heal completely. The evening before I was going to call to set up the appointment, I thought that it couldn't hurt to try Reiki on her.

After the one Reiki treatment, the hole had diminished by half by the next morning. By that evening, it was totally closed, and by the day after that you couldn't tell that there had ever been a wound.

• QCA1
    QCA1

Love and ((((((((Hugs)))))))))) for Robdar

The Power to heal has been with us for eons,it is just that we,as unique beings, have simply forgotten how to work with healing energy that we all possess.Society has become to materialistic which i believe has robbed us of this simple truth.

Labels can be attached to what ever form of healing is available,ie:mind power,psychic,reiki,spiritual or whatever,the fact is we are working with energy,everything we say,everything we do, everything we feel,everything we create we are using energy.

Lots of loving energy to you all.

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hi Red

I am a second degree Reiki and i have had some amazing results from distant healing.My dog poppy has had reiki as she has really bad eyes and it has worked wonders for her.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

rem, you stole my idea for a post. You must be psychic. :-) I have read several of Randi's books and read his column on the website every Friday. An outstanding man with an outstanding offer.

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((QCA1))))),

Thank you for the love. I love you back.

Question for the skeptics. Can't this work both ways? If you can be healed because you believe, can you also not be healed because you are a skeptic?

Why anybody would ever close their mind is beyond me.

Love,

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit